Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Kurt Browning, Evgeni Plushenko on similar paths

Kurt Browning, Evgeni Plushenko on similar paths - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...lar-paths.html

Recently, Plushenko and I both competed in different events in Japan as curious eyes followed our every move. What's at stake for both of us? …..
    Kurt ‘s hat off to Plushenko for his comeback and wondered how Weir and Evans will fare in their return to competition too.

New respect for today's skaters
    Kurt talked about why he respects the current skaters despite not loving the current system.

vCash
    Very articulate and honest as always with a touch of humor. Kurt Browning, a classy talented guy who's contributed so much to skating.

vCash
    Great commentary from Kurt Browning, both about his own experience and about other skaters. It's not spelled out, but I wonder if dealing with the IJS as a skater has given him a new perspective about how challenging it's been for skaters who didn't grow up with the system and had to adjust to it (with varying degrees of success).

I'm really hoping that we'll see Kurt in other events (hey, if Midori Ito could go to Adult Worlds... )

vCash
    Way to cover up for the shade he threw at Plushenko on Twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I'm really hoping that we'll see Kurt in other events (hey, if Midori Ito could go to Adult Worlds... )
    Does ICE competition that Scott Hamilton was promoting have no news yet on its development? It sounded really cool and grand, and more so than MWO now that we've seen it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Does ICE competition that Scott Hamilton was promoting have no news yet on its development? It sounded really cool and grand, and more so than MWO now that we've seen it.
    Per the ICE website, the competition will debut in the Spring of 2013.

http://www.icechampionship.com/

YEAH!
    vCash
    Evgeni Plushenko and I have something in common.
    I wish it was our triple Axel, or the fact that we both carry combs, but I'm thinking more along the lines of we're both trying to come back to competition.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I just look back with regret to the days when every Ladies skater had a perfect, simple layback with a fully turned out, waist-high attitude position and a back parallel to the ice, and every Men's skater had a simple, low sit-change-sit spin with lovely posture and a simple camel spin with stretch and toe-point, all centered and with speed, and ballerina-flexible Ladies never did a spiral with a catch foot or any hand assist, because they were all so musical...
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Per the ICE website, the competition will debut in the Spring of 2013.

http://www.icechampionship.com/
    Thanks! I should bookmark this address

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I just look back with regret to the days when every Ladies skater had a perfect, simple layback with a fully turned out, waist-high attitude position and a back parallel to the ice, and every Men's skater had a simple, low sit-change-sit spin with lovely posture and a simple camel spin with stretch and toe-point, all centered and with speed, and ballerina-flexible Ladies never did a spiral with a catch foot or any hand assist, because they were all so musical...
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    As do I. I was watching my Salt Lake Skating DVD that NBC put out (and I found in a bargain bin for .99 cents) on my laptop and, in turn, in HD since I have my DVD Player set for that the other day and to look at the gorgeous spins on that DVD... Especially Sarah Hughes' layback spin.

Sigh...

Another thing I miss that was obvious when watching that DVD? Moves and steps that actually went to the music and were creative to what the music called for instead of what CoP calls for. No wonder so many are wondering what's wrong w/skating these days.

And before it starts...It's an Artistic Sport, a mesh of the two.

Or at least it used to be.

Not sure if I'll be able to access that or not, as ever since the CBC redid their website, it's not friendly to those of us on Dial Up anymore. Makes trying to check up on things over there rather frustrating.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Although we all want to see those things kwanfan1818 wrote about, and see them from some skaters no matter what the system, I suspect she was being just a tad sarcastic
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    For those of us who are twitless, do tell of this shade thrown at Plushy!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    For those of us who are twitless, do tell of this shade thrown at Plushy!
    Here's Kurt's tweet:

@KurtBrowning
    Jeffrey Buttle, @J_Butt, taught everyone at the event the perfect combination of technical & magical skating. @EvgeniPlushenko is jumping
    Which he followed with this:

Kurt Browning ‏@KurtBrowning
    Wow, so many angry Plushenko fans. I guess I used the @ button wrong?? All I wanted to say was his jumps are totally Amazing and Exciting

vCash
    Kurt is right.

vCash
    Actually it was more like this:
    ‏@KurtBrowning
    Jeffrey Buttle, @J_Butt, taught everyone at the event the perfect combination of technical & magical skating. @EvgeniPlushenko is jumping
    There was an emoticon of thumb-up at the end of the tweet, but it was only visible on iPhone.

I do not think Kurt threw any shade, but some people just saw their own.

vCash
    ^^ Thanks for the explanations! Kurt really is a good guy, fair and openminded, says what he thinks, plus he's got a great sense of humor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midori View Post
    Actually it was more like this:

There was an emoticon of thumb-up at the end of the tweet, but it was only visible on iPhone.

I do not think Kurt threw any shade, but some people just saw their own.
    I think the thing that people were angry about was the fact that Kurt said that Buttle had amazing jumps and artistry and Plushenko only had amazing jumps.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast