vCash

For all you school teachers out there.

I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Thanks! It was kinda funny. Fortunately for me, our elementary school was good about such things and my children didn't miss much time -- except for when my son had his ruptured appendix removed. However, the high school was a bit ... different. A few people there were a bit nasty and set in their ways regardless of explanations. Then there were so many others who went beyond the call of duty to help my son when he was dealing with depression and thoughts of suicide. Guess it all depends upon the school -- those working at it and those attending.
    Crazy about sports!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I certainly get it, I'm a teacher, but it still feels inappropriate. It would be a funny joke but being that this is supposedly real, I don't know, I think it goes too far.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I certainly get it, I'm a teacher, but it still feels inappropriate. It would be a funny joke but being that this is supposedly real, I don't know, I think it goes too far.
    It is not real. Snopes link:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/palisades.asp

vCash
    I care not if it's real. I think every teacher (no matter what they teach) at least once has thought these things. I thought it was a funny take on a situation.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I care not if it's real. I think every teacher (no matter what they teach) at least once has thought these things. I thought it was a funny take on a situation.
    My mom was a school secretary for 22 years and got to answer all these calls. She thought it was hilarious when she heard it long ago.

I only put up the link to clarify that it was not used as any school's outgoing message (which I would think is obvious as it does not identify a school by name and no school would not identify in an outgoing message) because a poster felt it was not funny because it was "real".

I think it is very funny and after some of the garbage I went through when teaching (including being stalked by a parent who was a police officer--can't report that to anyone who will put a stop to it), I don't really feel like parents should always be treated with kid gloves the way they are.