Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Add to the list:

Volosozhar & Trankov's SP to Masquerade waltz in the team competition in Sochi. It wasn't absolutely perfect in unison (that's nitpicky) but their speed, power, and mastery on the ice is amazing. They don't have the beauty of B&S or G&G but they look so powerful and so athletic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    Kwan's 1998 Rachmaninoff.. I don't think anyone has listed that one..
    Absolutely! I still remember feeling a huge smile spread across my face while watching that performance. She interpreted the music so beautifully. And her LP that year ("Lyra Angelica") was one of the loveliest I've ever seen. Sadly, MK peaked too early that year -- left it all on the ice @ US Nationals and although she skated well in Nagano, lacked the inspiration she had @ nationals. Still, IMHO, one of the all-time greats.

vCash
    Brian Boitano's 1988 SP "Les Patineurs." His skating was gorgeous, of course, but the best part was that he also stayed perfectly in character -- the arrogant young prince of the village pond. At one point, the choreography called for him to flick some ice shavings off one of his skate blades, which he did with a cocky little shake of his head. Delicious!

Come to think of it, Debi Thomas also had a great SP that year. Rock music, from Dead or Alive, I think. Dramatic, energetic, and dynamic. Truly memorable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Add to the list:

Volosozhar & Trankov's SP to Masquerade waltz in the team competition in Sochi. It wasn't absolutely perfect in unison (that's nitpicky) but their speed, power, and mastery on the ice is amazing. They don't have the beauty of B&S or G&G but they look so powerful and so athletic!
    It was incredible. I can't believe I ever thought I didn't want to find all their program to see their skating. I must have been blind.

vCash
    Got to add Julia's SP at the team competition on Saturday. It really caught the attention of our media. In every article they show her picture from the SP rather than her LP with the red coat (however I am sure it will appear more too).

vCash

vCash
    I had forgotten how wonderful that program was.
    The expression on Shen's face at the end speaks volumes.

vCash
    Vash, the title of this thread is 'Memorable Short Programs' and not 'Memorable Performances' or 'Programs that Have Just Been Skated at Olympics and Placed First but are Mediocre at Best.'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Vash, the title of this thread is 'Memorable Short Programs' and not 'Memorable Performances' or 'Programs that Have Just Been Skated at Olympics and Placed First but are Mediocre at Best.'
    You are right. It should have been 'performances', but I think most posters understood what was intended. Thanks for the correction.

vCash
    I loved Yuzuru's SP this year. So glad he performed it well in both the team and individual.

vCash
    Jeremy Abbott's SP at this year's Nationals is one I would watch over and over. Recency bias, sure, but it was a great performance and an awesome program.

vCash
    It was; and such a joy to see in person!

vCash
    I think most of mine have already been said, but I still love Yagudin's Nutrocker and I don't think anyone has said Buttle's Take Five.

vCash
    Brian Boitano - Les Patineurs
    Michelle Kwan - East of Eden (for me one of the best SPs I've ever seen, this choreo just sings with the music)
    Kristoffer Berntsson - Amelie (the one with the glove)
    Kristy Yamaguchi - Valencia
    Savchenko & Szolkowy - Send in the Clowns (the only SP of theirs I liked)
    Shen & Zhao - Romanza
    Pang & Tong - Les pêcheurs de perles
    Akiko Suzuki - Hymne a'l Amour
    Jeff Buttle - Adios Nonino
    Yuna Kim - Danse Macabre and Send in the Clowns
    Stephane Lambiel - Geissel Drama (as far as I know he skated it only once in Autumn 2006 and fell like 2 times, but I loved the program)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inmynextlife View Post
    Brian Boitano's 1988 SP "Les Patineurs." His skating was gorgeous, of course, but the best part was that he also stayed perfectly in character -- the arrogant young prince of the village pond. At one point, the choreography called for him to flick some ice shavings off one of his skate blades, which he did with a cocky little shake of his head. Delicious!

I think that is still my favorite Men's SP of all time.
    Sandra created the choreo for several of my all time favorites.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234