Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanowrimo 2012

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Then again you might need the distraction!
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I'm at 14,769 words and so far the Nano word count is always 21 words above MS Word's word count!

How's everyone doing?

vCash
    Still on 8011. No words added since Day 1. I was afraid this would happen. I have to write some major words tonight or tomorrow before the cycle of "work all day, too buggered to write" starts again!

vCash
    Gone absolutely bonkers so far tonight, written over 4000 words and brought my total up to over 12000! Let's see if I can add another thousand or so before bed!

vCash
    I've now written over five thousand words in the last few hours and broached 13000. With a cramp in my shoulder/neck, I think it might be bed time.

vCash
    I wrote in a notebook in bed last night - which may set me back I bit because I will have to type it, but the plot is still going strong. Hopefully I will have time to go back and flesh out some of the characters and places. I have Monday the 12th off, I hope to devote the day to my writing.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I only use Pages word count. (Or Word if I'm writing on something besides my iPad). misskarne, one of things I've found is that it really helps to force yourself to write every day. Like yesterday I was sure I wouldn't be abel to write much at all as I was tired and completely uninspired. But I sat down around 9:00 pm and just started writing and the words flowed. I've written around 1700 words every day, one day more like 2000 and another more like 1300 but usually 1700+ and it really works.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    I'm still on target, although last night was really a grind to get to the word count target.

I hope I'll be able to concentrate enough to meet my quota tonight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    misskarne, one of things I've found is that it really helps to force yourself to write every day. Like yesterday I was sure I wouldn't be abel to write much at all as I was tired and completely uninspired. But I sat down around 9:00 pm and just started writing and the words flowed. I've written around 1700 words every day, one day more like 2000 and another more like 1300 but usually 1700+ and it really works.
    I'm definitely going to try that this weekend. No matter how tired!

vCash
    I'm averaging 2,000 words per day when I write, but I have missed 2 or three out of 7 days so far. I have a three day weekend coming up - I'll have to make up for lost time. I'm also thinking of adding illustrations. My villain seems to be growing in infamy, I think I am channeling some of my frustrations with my chronically unemployed bro.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I went to a write-in today. Everyone was so young! I wrote a lot though. So maybe I'll do another one.

vCash
    I'm mildly terrified by how chronologically far my story has progressed in so few words. Luckily, two very major substory romances are coming up and those should take ages...

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I'm the opposite. I'm at 15000+ plus words but I'm only up to High School and I still have some major fleshing out to do. I've got 40 more years to cover including what was supposed to be the meat of the book!

vCash
    This has turned out differently than I thought. I am actually doing well with plot. My brain seems to be working through all the holes and obstacles, but my novel right now is a lot of straight narrative. I'm hoping mid-month I can have the basic narrative done and then go back and organize it into chapters and flesh out the characters and the settings with conversation or actions rather than simply stating so and so is "tall, dark, and handsome". I am thinking of stuff as I go along but I'm not going to go back to add it until I am finished with the plot narrative.

Before I started this I tried to do an organized outline with plot characters and chapters and I couldn't get anywhere. The story and characters seem to grow as I write it. At this point I'm not sure what the ending will be. I'm not sure I will get it all done by Nov. 30, but having a deadline motivates me to keep at it and I seem to be working better under the pressure of a deadline.

vCash
    I'm such a doofus. I did some writing this afternoon and plugged my novel into the validator on the NaNoWriMo site and was completely that I'd written well over 22,000 words. I felt inspired this afternoon, but I didn't think I'd been that inspired.

And then I realized that I'd accidentally copied my novel into the field twice. D'oh.

As I feared, I got about 500 words into the day's allotment on Tuesday and then gave up so I could refresh election sites over and over, but at least I got some writing done anyhow. I've caught up the last couple of days and am only a few hundred words shy of where I should be at this point.

And two of my characters got into an unexpected fight today. I'm not a very fighty person in real life, so that was fun to write.

vCash
    Oh my I have been having some crazy dreams since I started this project (they have nothing to do with my novel). Last night I dreamed about an animal that had the body of a shetland collie, the head of a cat and the snout of a coyote. It was roaming around a college campus cuddling up to people,s dogs and chasing down and eating their cats. ??? I haven't had time for movies, tv, or books since I started this, so I don't know where it came from!

vCash
    Probably your creativity on overdrive?

vCash
    Yes. That is why I wanted to do this. I was feeling really dried up. Just coming up with a witty comment to put on a birthday card had become beyond my capabilities.

vCash
    I'm past 25,000 words - halfway!

vCash
    I'm still lurking down around 15,500. I got majorly bogged down with work and then this part of the side-story offering no inspiration. It's kind of an important side-story (MC1's first love), but I just can't for the life of me get it flowing. So I'm skipping the boggy part and going straight to the more important bit. Hope it works.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast