Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanowrimo 2012

vCash

Nanowrimo 2012

Who's in?

I'm in again this year - actually considering going old school and writing by hand. Just considering it. I'm doing my planning by hand anyway...

If you're in - add me. My Nano username is also Angelskates. I'm writing a chick-lit romance sort of thing year. Or at least, that's the plan!

Here's the website.

vCash
    Pretty sure I'm going to do it again -- I really had fun with that last year. My story will just be a sequel to what I wrote last year, but I already have a few ideas perking around for what I'm going to do with it.

And wow, writing it all by hand? I'm impressed! If I tried to do that, I'd never be able to read it -- my handwriting has become just horrible since I started using computers all the time.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I am a failure with the great novel - I seem to get as far as a short story and I'm done. I will think on it - if I jump in, I'll look for you!

vCash
    I'm going to do it. I've been listening to my 90 year old aunt's stories about my great grandmother and great aunt supporting a family in the late 19th and early 20th century. I looked up their contemporaries: Lizzie Borden, Louisa MayAlcott, the first known serial killer, Debussy, Jackson Haines, Frederick Douglass, the Pinkerton Agency, WW1, the Civil War, the first auto, the Titanic, and more. They can have lots of adventures.

I like the idea of making it an adventure serial.

Oh and I forgot Hetty Green who made a fortune in the stock market. No governessing around for my heroines.

vCash
    I'm considering trying again this year. Hey, maybe this time I'll be successful!
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Much as I want to, I think realistically I'm out this year. Too much else going on - busy at work and outside commitments as well. So I think I might try and finish the novel I started last year instead of starting something new I know there's no real chance of finishing.

I will be cheering on everyone else though.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    Actually, that's perfectly acceptable Bunny Hop. In my group, lots of people do that. Course, my group is in New Orleans, and mostly, we just drink, cause that's what writers do.

I'm going to write a book about a publishing flack who deals with crazy, entitled divas all day (and that's just the men's children's authors), and is maybe a little crazy herself. It's original and has nothing to do with my life whatsoever.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Hop View Post
    Much as I want to, I think realistically I'm out this year. Too much else going on - busy at work and outside commitments as well. So I think I might try and finish the novel I started last year instead of starting something new I know there's no real chance of finishing.

I will be cheering on everyone else though.
    Plenty of people like you just try and write every day. Some have daily gaols, maybe you could try that?

Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka
    I'm going to write a book about a publishing flack who deals with crazy, entitled divas all day (and that's just the men's children's authors), and is maybe a little crazy herself. It's original and has nothing to do with my life whatsoever.
    Good to see you posting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Plenty of people like you just try and write every day. Some have daily gaols, maybe you could try that?
    The last place you want to be when you're trying to write to a goal is in a gaol.

I am determined to win this year. I had a wonderful plot last year that I should have got 50,000 out of easily but unexpected uni workload got in the way. This year there are no factors like that.

Not sharing my plot because it's pretty dumb, but it's drama/sport/romance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    The last place you want to be when you're trying to write to a goal is in a gaol.
    Nothing else to do there!

vCash
    You mean you can win something? I didn't see that. I would consider myself lucky to reach the 50K mark by the deadline. I doubt it would be well-edited enough to win any prizes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    You mean you can win something? I didn't see that. I would consider myself lucky to reach the 50K mark by the deadline. I doubt it would be well-edited enough to win any prizes.
    You win the sense of accomplishment and bragging rights. "Winning" is making it to 50,000 words or more by the last day of November.

vCash
    So, not long now - how has everyone's prep gone?

vCash
    I'm in, too, this year although I didn't participate last year.

vCash
    I already started writing something. 3000 words in. I think I may actually participate this year and have a shot at finishing something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    So, not long now - how has everyone's prep gone?
    I'm bouncing in the starting barrier and headbutting it.

vCash
    Prep?

Actually, I didn't prepare last year either -- I decided to do Nanowrimo about two days before November 1 -- and it worked out OK. I've got some ideas for the story and I really need to do something that is not "fretting about the upcoming election 24/7", so I'm optimistic.

vCash
    My best friend just roped me in (and I'll never have a better time to give it a try), but I have no current plot idea at all. I hope it can still work out.

vCash
    I did some background reading. I'm going to start tonight. I got caught up on all my chores for the week while I was Sandy-bound these past 2 days. I have no idea whether I will succeed or not, but I figure ignorance is bliss. . I'm trying to get my niece to join me. She has had some special feature articles published in the Pittsburgh paper, but she is skeptical.

vCash
    Only just over 12 hours until I can finally start writing this blasted plot that I've had bouncing around for two months and been dying to write!

I'm so gonna win this time!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast