Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

FOI 2013 - Daisuke Takahashi new SP

Here's Daisuke's first showing of his new SP 'Sonatina', from FOI 2013 on August 25th.

Still at an early stage, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epDUX...ature=youtu.be
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    wonderful, amazing, fantastic...the piece is drama and the choreography matches to a T. who did it, btw?

vCash
    Oh my - thanks for posting
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

vCash
    The show lighting and camera editing make it a bit difficult to visualize what this will be like as a competition SP but even so, it looks good, and Dai seems on form!
    Touching the void.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    wonderful, amazing, fantastic...the piece is drama and the choreography matches to a T. who did it, btw?
    Kenji Miyamoto!

vCash
    Yay! The old Dai seems to be back!

vCash
    love it already. It's driving me crazy that I forget what the music is. Someone help me!

vCash
    so I should have looked before asking my question! Here is the answer. Thank you to the original poster of this info.

Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    This is an article in "CD Jurnal" in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

Daisuke Takahashi performs on the ice by Mamoru Samuragouchi's music which Yasuko Ohtani plays with violin.
    July 17th, 2013

It was announced that the music which Daisuke Takahashi selected for the short program in Sochi Olympics season is "Sonatina for Violin" which was composed by Mamoru Samuragouchi and is played by Yasuko Ohtani.

"Sonatina for Violin" is the music which a modern Beethoven Mamoru Samuragouchi who make a music in the dark without the auditory composed for the girl who was borne without the right arm.

It is recorded in the album "The chaconne - Samuragouchi Mamoru the string music work collection" ( COCQ-84928 ) which was released in January, 2012.

Yasuko Ohtani who is playing the said music in the album, too, is the violinist who continues an activity energetically in various parts of Japan.

She is coursing through in the whole country in the solo activity while she serves as Tokyo Symphony Orchestra's solo concertmaster and nourishes a sternway at the platform.
    Yasuko Ohtani's violin clarion on the ice of all over the world from now on.

The article:
    Daisuke Takahashi performs on the ice by Mamoru Samuragouchi's music which Yasuko Ohtani plays with violin.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00013-cdj-musi

vCash
    so I should have looked before asking my question! Here is the answer. Thank you to the original poster of this info.

This is an article in "CD Jurnal" in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

It was announced that the music which Daisuke Takahashi selected for the short program in Sochi Olympics season is "Sonatina for Violin" which was composed by Mamoru Samuragouchi and is played by Yasuko Ohtani.

"Sonatina for Violin" is the music which a modern Beethoven Mamoru Samuragouchi who make a music in the dark without the auditory composed for the girl who was borne without the right arm.

It is recorded in the album "The chaconne - Samuragouchi Mamoru the string music work collection" ( COCQ-84928 ) which was released in January, 2012.

Yasuko Ohtani who is playing the said music in the album, too, is the violinist who continues an activity energetically in various parts of Japan.

She is coursing through in the whole country in the solo activity while she serves as Tokyo Symphony Orchestra's solo concertmaster and nourishes a sternway at the platform.
    Yasuko Ohtani's violin clarion on the ice of all over the world from now on.

The article:
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00013-cdj-musi

vCash
    Simply exquisite. Such an amazing program. Should get the highest PCS of anyone if judging is fair.

vCash
    Loved it! So glad Dai seems on form for this season!

vCash
    Geezus that was sick. Will be very very tough to beat if skated cleanly.
    Loving skaters who are putting together truly "Olympic" programs. This is definitely one of them.

vCash
    WOW, I love this!!!! Takahashi skates with his heart and soul. Thanks so much for the link and info...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jennysk8oboe View Post

Link to Akira Andrea's original post with the the article translation is: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3957987

Thanks to ostile17 for starting a new thread with the video link so that more people would see the debut of his new short program at Shizuka Arakawa's "Friends on Ice" show! if anyone would like to post links to other FOI show videos, here's the FOI thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...(August-23-25)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    That was amazing! The music, choreography and of course the one and only Dai-chan,
    loved it! Thanks for sharing!

vCash
    A version with clearer sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9hAp9XwrOE

vCash
    When this program matures to competition level it's going to be stunning - could be one of his best! His musicality is front and center - and I think that's when Daisuke is at his best. I'm excited to see it grow during the season.

vCash
    It is everything I could have wished for his final and Olympic season. I am thrilled.

vCash
    Soooo glad he went with Miyamoto for this Olympic program! That footwork was gorgeous.

vCash
    This is true interpretation. Sure it's choreographed but still...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast