Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...
All that just to win a pet snake?!
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
From reading the article, we don't know if it is the bugs that killed him. Since those bugs were raised to be lizard food, I doubt it is the bugs. We'll know more when the autopsy comes out.
Darwinism at it's finest.
Does the runner-up get the python now?
The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket
I'm not into autopsies in general, but that one - I'd want trauma pay!
Oh god, I want to barf reading that story.
I really enjoyed the quote though: "Some of the snakes are pretty expensive. I thought if I could eat bugs to get one, it'd be a good idea." No. It is not a good idea. Go home.
There are consequences for extreme stupidity.
What is the liability for whoever thought of this?
Supposedly the contestants all signed a waiver so I would think and hope that they are not liable. No one was forced to participate.
I also don't think it could be any kind of poisoning. If it was something so severe to kill him so fast then surely other people would have at least gotten ill or died as well. I am almost tempted to think it was something coincidental like a heart attack or brain aneurism. Maybe the excitement from the contest got his blood pressure too high and it was the straw that broke the camels back?
"Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher
All the contestants signed a waiver ... but of course no one though one could die from eating cockroaches.
I wouldn't necessarily call the contestants in this competition stupid. It wasn't like they picked up random roaches from people's apartments and ate them. They participated in an eating competition, and the roaches were supposedly raised in a clean environment as pet food (although all roaches are disgusting to me, regardless of where they were raised). The other contestants that ate the roaches didn't die.
I remember reading somewhere that the TV show "Fear Factor" is coming back to TV. The producers should think twice about having contestants eat disgusting things on the show.
I am totally not reading this article.
While I'm not a medical examiner or a doctor, what comes to mind as to what caused this guy's death would be something akin to either an allergic reaction of some sort (people can be allergic to roaches just like they can to other insects, fish, shellfish, and other animals) and died of anaphylaxis, or from aspirating vomit and dry-drowning.
I don't know about you, but if I was responsible for a show I certainly wouldn't want anyone to die on my watch, even if accidentally.