Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Anyone know why Miki took last season off to begin with? Taking even one season off is not a good way to try to make it to another Olympics.
    I seem to recall that Morozov recommended that she take the time off? Which in hindsight...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Anyone know why Miki took last season off to begin with? Taking even one season off is not a good way to try to make it to another Olympics.
    please, come on. 10 consecutive years of international competitions.
    3 junior worlds medals,
    2 world titles + 1 world bronze
    + 3 more worlds top6 finishes.

she needed to take breathe and this was wisely of morozov, especially after her world title.

we knew what happened the season after her last world title 2007 ending with the drama in gothenburg. she seemed to carry a big burdon throughout the whole season.
    thne, after 2011, miki surely was mentally stronger (of course because of morozov) but i think it was the right time to give her time to breathe .

if she would have come back this season, there would be no problem regarding to olympics.

but let´s face it, we can be glad to see her in one more competitve event, and that´s it

vCash
    Maybe it could be the Pro-Am Medal Winners Open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    Maybe it could be the Pro-Am Medal Winners Open
    oh, this would be kind of sad, there she can take part all the coming years, please, one more great free skate

vCash
    but let´s face it, we can be glad to see her in one more competitive event, and that´s it
    At this point I'm not even sure what one event that would be.

If she is really serious about taking a run at the 2013-14 season, it would be a good idea to get Japan to send her to the team event next spring. That would give her a chance to post a qualifying score and/or a top 75 seasons best and a shot at a GP event next year.

If we don't see her ready to compete there, then I think, like so many former champs before her, she is just making sad noises about resuming her career while she copes with the idea of being done.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456