Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    maybe she is aiming at worlds 2014 in Japan, seeing there is much competition in Japan and it could be difficult to be part of the Olympic team
    i have my doubts about that.

skating is so popular in japan, every lady taking part in olympics (assuming ando is none of them) wouldn´t want to give their home spot away, if they earned it at nationals.

maybe if there´s an olympic champion (asada, who else) but even then, the media pressure would really want to see her.

japan open, nationals or world team trophy are more likey.

vCash
    The way I see it, Miki is delirious and heartbroken about Morozov and doesn't know what's next for her. I saw Miki at a show early in the summer and she didn't seem very happy on the ice.

vCash
    Is she training in Japan or the US now? What are her coaching choices?

vCash
    I think Miki already accompalished everything. Two world titles, + a world bronze, 5th place at her last Olympic from a country that skating only became popular the last two decades. And she is already what 25? 26? Im sure she will have no prob finding career outside of skating.

vCash
    I wish her the best in whatever it is she decideds to do in the future. I hope she finds the person she's been looking for in a relationship(I.E not Morozov).

vCash
    Poor Miki , I think she is more damaged emotionally
    don't know how much Morozov affected her on this but good luck to her
    maybe I can still see her for another season maybe at nationals or 4CC

vCash
    D*mn you, Morozov!

It took Miki a long time to mature into a complete skater and it's a shame that she is losing her chance (which I think had been a good one) of finally winning the Olympics.

I wonder how Miki might have done if she could have been coached by Brian Orser after Yu-Na left.

<< ()"o >>

Snoopy hugs, Miki.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    The way I see it, Miki is delirious and heartbroken about Morozov and doesn't know what's next for her. I saw Miki at a show early in the summer and she didn't seem very happy on the ice.
    I don't know where you guys find reports saying that she was dating Morozov but it's been a while she's dating fellow japanes skater.

vCash
    Morozov spreads his poo-poo yet again. What a jerk.

vCash
    Disappointed and sad to hear that we won't see her skate on the GP series this season. I wanted to see her go after another world title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Miki signed some papers regarding her participation in the Grand Prix, didn't she? What are the consequences she is facing now? Can ISU ban her from the Olympics?
    No, they could not ban her. The GP rules do cover this. They say if a come-back skater withdraws from an event they will not be assigned another one, but they mention no other penalties. The language permitting withdrawal only for medical reasons applies only to seeded skaters.

If she is aiming for 2013 Worlds, she still needs to post a qualifying score in a Senior B event this season.

Also, since she did not compete in 2011-12 season, she was treated as a "come back skater" to get GP assignments this year. That procedure can only be used once, so she will need to go thru the usual qualifying procedure to get a place in any GP event if she wants to skate in the 2013 GP season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ratatouille View Post
    I don't know where you guys find reports saying that she was dating Morozov but it's been a while she's dating fellow japanes skater.
    Morozov said he was going to marry her in one of his interviews after they broke up.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Morozov said he was going to marry her in one of his interviews after they broke up.
    And that her mother disapproved, which is what broke up the engagement.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    No, they could not ban her. The GP rules do cover this. They say if a come-back skater withdraws from an event they will not be assigned another one, but they mention no other penalties. The language permitting withdrawal only for medical reasons applies only to seeded skaters.

If she is aiming for 2013 Worlds, she still needs to post a qualifying score in a Senior B event this season.

Also, since she did not compete in 2011-12 season, she was treated as a "come back skater" to get GP assignments this year. That procedure can only be used once, so she will need to go thru the usual qualifying procedure to get a place in any GP event if she wants to skate in the 2013 GP season.
    Thank you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Based on the JSF's currently issued selection criteria, skaters who have not achieved minimum TES shall not be chosen for ISU championships. So if Ando wants to go to worlds, she needs to compete at any senior B comps before Japanese nationals.
    This AFP newswire article in English states that Ando's "absence from the GP events makes it impossible for her to qualify for December's national championships which will serve as Japan's trials for the world championships to be held in Canada next March."

Ando can still compete at Japanese Nationals (Dec. 20-24 in Hokkaido) if she wants to, correct?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This AFP newswire article in English states that Ando's "absence from the GP events makes it impossible for her to qualify for December's national championships which will serve as Japan's trials for the world championships to be held in Canada next March."

Ando can still compete at Japanese Nationals (Dec. 20-24 in Hokkaido) if she wants to, correct?
    the arcticle says no; but i cannot imagine that she wouldn´t get a bye to nationals, or?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Based on the JSF's currently issued selection criteria, skaters who have not achieved minimum TES shall not be chosen for ISU championships. So if Ando wants to go to worlds, she needs to compete at any senior B comps before Japanese nationals. She won't do that as long as motivation is the problem. After all, the same three will go to worlds in Canada.
    Since she pulled out of the GP, she wouldn't be able to compete until after NHK. There are two Senior B's before Japanese Nationals -- NRW and Golden Spin -- but, according to the article to which Sylvia links below, this isn't an option.

Doesn't that quote say that dropping out of the GPs means she can't qualify for December Nationals? If so, does that mean that there are qualifying events (like US Regionals/Sectionals and Canadian Challenges) that are already passed -- didn't Suguri compete in them and not qualify, or was that last year? -- or would take place the same time as the GP's, and for which she would have had byes?

About sanctions against Ando, I don't think this was ever in the GP announcement, but instead in other ISU documents, but wasn't there a provision in which federations could be sanctioned if a top skater pulled out of or refused to do GP's, in addition to the block against doing shows and other competitions during GP season? The ISU was rattling its swords threatening USFS and the Russian Fed (re: Kwan and Plushenko). IIRC, this was before there was a "comeback" clause, and "comeback" skaters have to have been seeded in order to be guaranteed two under the clause.

If this applies, the ISU would be idiots for taking on the Japanese Fed, which is one of their few solid sources of .
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Doesn't that quote say that dropping out of the GPs means she can't qualify for December Nationals? If so, does that mean that there are qualifying events (like US Regionals/Sectionals and Canadian Challenges) that are already passed -- didn't Suguri compete in them and not qualify, or was that last year? -- or would take place the same time as the GP's, and for which she would have had byes?
    That could be it. To which Regional (Block) does Ando belong? 4 of the 6 Japanese Regionals have already finished (Kanto, Chubu, Tokyo, Kinki) with the last 2 scheduled to take place this weekend -- Tohoku-Hokkaido and Shu-Shikoku-Kyushu.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Love how this thread has more posts about Morozov and his dating/engagement/marriage affairs than Miki Ando's skating!

Will really miss her when she's gone! Off the top of my head, she is probably one of the few skaters who consistently puts out clean 6 - 7 triple (usually 7) programs and I love those programs!

vCash
    AFP newswire article in English states that Ando's "absence from the GP events makes it impossible for her to qualify for December's national championships which will serve as Japan's trials for the world championships to be held in Canada next March."
    I don't know why they say that. There are at least 6 non-GP senior events she could use to earn a World (or at least 4CC) qualifying score before her Nationals. All of them would require a trip to Europe, though. Would the Japanese Federation be willing to help her get a spot and foot the bill for the trip?

Of course, the big question is whether she is well-trained enough to actually earn the necessary TES if she goes.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast