Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i wonder if these are shown out of order. otherwise i cant account for 2 people wanting to steal that grad school dropout #can'tletgo
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    okay I don't like either of these singers.. Jocelyn has a cute dress
    I thought she was styled the best of all the battles so far. I loved that dress. And I would have chosen her over Egypt. I thought she had an amazing voice.

I liked the ugly long haired guy's voice better than the other one but I would have never picked him with my eyes open because he was so creepy looking and he had one of the ugliest babies I've ever seen. (Very shallow I know...but are people going to vote for him?)

So those were two battles I would have chosen differently. I agreed with the other battles...I didn't like Terisa's voice at all...very ordinary I thought. Cee-lo wasted his steal. And I liked the mariachi singer but then I like mariachi. And I really like Sam - glad Benji is gone.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    each of ugly long hair's teeth was a different color, like a fisher price piano
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i'm still wtfing over conga as a song choice. and that anyone thought mariachi sang it better.
    ITA. I don't know what Blake was drinking when he made those decisions. (Maybe the same stuff he was drinking when he stole MLPs favorite grad school dropout. ) And I think Adam was scheming when he said that he'd choose Julio.

Paulina didn't listen to XTina's advice, so she deserved to lose. Plus, she just isn't very good, and she's annoying. I doubt Dez will last all that long, though.

The Bon Jovi boys didn't do too much for me. I didn't care who won.

The battle of the bearded dudes was a good pairing. And, yeah, Todd was better than the grad school dropout.

Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Susanna was my favorite from the auditions, and so far she still is.
    Me, too. I understand why Blake paired her with Leila, but it's a bummer that Leila went hom. I liked Leila better than some of the others who are still in the competition, including some stolen singers.

I thought that the last two were both very good singers. Just not my thing. I think I preferred Sylvia. She seems a little more authentic to me -- both when they're singing and when they're not. (I don't buy Jocelyn as a sweet shy girl and I didn't care for some of her phrasing.)

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I haven't watched since the first week, but tuned in for most of tonight. I can't believe they're STILL in the battle rounds!

Long haired guy is not made for tv, but he was the better singer. I'd have kept the non-Stevie Nicks gal from "Dog Days Are Over", and Joselyn over Sylvia.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Xtina is very specific in her advice - don't go off on a trilling run in search of glory notes or I'll cut you.

MLP - you might be right about the order they show these in. It's the only explanation for grad school. Either that or someone threatened to shoot a puppy if Blake didn't pick him.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Yeah, Xtina warned her singers multiple times during the practice sessions not to go for the affected runs. No surprise when she said no during the battle rounds. She's very straight forward with her team about what she wants.

I do think they all will take at the two steals so the numbers will be even (10 for each team) which they will pair down again in the knockout rounds. I think there should be one more week of battle rounds. There are still all of Xtina's pop princesses to weed out.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Yeah, Xtina warned her singers multiple times during the practice sessions not to go for the affected runs. No surprise when she said no during the battle rounds. She's very straight forward with her team about what she wants.

I do think they all will take at the two steals so the numbers will be even (10 for each team) which they will pair down again in the knockout rounds. I think there should be one more week of battle rounds. There are still all of Xtina's pop princesses to weed out.
    I remember Carson saying that they'd be "fighting at the end" to complete their two steals. Now that they've seen how people perform, they can be looking for better talent OR more fodder to make sure their favorites get through the knock out rounds.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I liked the ugly long haired guy's voice better than the other one but I would have never picked him with my eyes open because he was so creepy looking and he had one of the ugliest babies I've ever seen. (Very shallow I know...but are people going to vote for him?)
    I want all the rep I've given you back. While I admit most people would not confuse him for Johnny Depp's long-lost twin brother, I love, love, love his voice. If he had not been picked and I was a judge, I definitely would have used one of my two steals on him.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Blake gave his first two one of Miranda's pissed off songs. I knew he'd go with the blonde with the experience. Nicole is still young and Blake could drop a word here or there in Nashville. Since he came back stage to speak to her, I'm betting he will.

Xtina votes for girl power and gets her first steal.
    Last edited by rfisher; 10-17-2012 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I want all the rep I've given you back. While I admit most people would not confuse him for Johnny Depp's long-lost twin brother, I love, love, love his voice. If he had not been picked and I was a judge, I definitely would have used one of my two steals on him.
    I was kidding about the ugly baby part. But it annoys me when people are less attractive than they could be. In what universe would he think that long hideous stringy hair enhances his looks? Or the cheesy facial hair?

OTOH, the guy he battled had the creepiest grin I've ever seen when he was singing "she's gone". Did he listen to the lyrics at all?

For the most part I've really enjoyed the battle rounds. It seems like there is less fodder than the last 2 seasons. But it doesn't seem fair that they showed some people's rehearsal & full song & other people only got about 2mins air time. Could they be any clearer on who they think is fodder?

vCash
    Well, you know that the teams are probably a little too full when entire BATTLE ROUNDS only get "recaps" and not even full performances. Um, hello fodder!

Is there another judges pick round before it goes to the live shows? That's the only way that I could explain it, otherwise they've royally ripped off a couple contestants by giving them about ten seconds of air time total.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Is there another judges pick round before it goes to the live shows? That's the only way that I could explain it, otherwise they've royally ripped off a couple contestants by giving them about ten seconds of air time total.
    IIRC, there's one more round before they go live.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I hate that Leila went home and Alessandra got stolen. Xtina is dead to me. DEAD. If they kept the steals to the end, that would be a lot more and fun.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Anyone watching? Anyone? Or did Sotnikova's LP scare everyone away from watching?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i guess the girl is the better singer, she seems to think so too, but i like the bear in the hogwarts sweater for some reason

vCash
    I think both of them were trying way too hard and really oversinging. Hogwarts Bear looked like he was going to have a seizure at any moment.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Steal coming, I'm guessing. I'd go with Nicole, but it's 50-50.

I think I'll tweet Xtina about Adelina and see if she'll offer to perform live for her at Worlds. Gaga gave Johnny a song. I'm certain Xtina could be persuaded, especially if I tell her how mean people were about her wailing.

I'd go with Marissa Ann. Xtina disagreed. I can't believe she's only 15
    Last edited by rfisher; 10-23-2012 at 02:03 AM.

vCash
    Tape delayed until after the prez debate for us, and probably for everyone west of us.

vCash
    The two murdering "Whatdoyou want from me" - Katrina girl & hogwarts bear - are both so bad that I can't believe they weren't put with 2 other people so they could both get dumped.

I love Nicole - she had one of my favorite auditions, but I really expected Brandon to get stolen.

I would have picked MarissaAnne. I'm glad she gets another round.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast