Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Bristol and Kirstie both have huge fan bases. I'm sure we'll see both of them around longer than they technically should be because of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Kirsty does seem to be having more difficulty, this time. But, age is not our friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Drew needed to go, but Helio could have stayed. Bristol or Kristie should have been out. I enjoyed Kristie last time, but for whatever reason, she's just not cutting it for me this time.
    As cruisin said, the age factor could be part of it. After all, at 61 Kirstie is nearly 20 years older than the next oldest remaining contestant (Emmitt at 43) and is from 24 to 41 (!) years older than all the others. As someone who is near Kirstie's age, I can attest that many things I once did with ease, now take considerably more effort (and the final result is not nearly as good). I think she's holding up fairly well so far, even though I agree that she seemed to have more "something" when she first was on the show.

I didn't mind that Drew was eliminated, but I enjoyed Helio and would have wanted him to be around a bit longer.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Bristol and Kirstie both have huge fan bases. I'm sure we'll see both of them around longer than they technically should be because of this.
    I believe Sarah Palin still has a fan base. Not sure Bristol does, but she's clearly still benefiting by association.

Kirstie has a huge fan base? Really? So that's why she's back on Dancing with the Stars and not doing any of the other many projects she claimed came her way after her last time on the show.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I believe Sarah Palin still has a fan base. Not sure Bristol does, but she's clearly still benefiting by association.

Kirstie has a huge fan base? Really? So that's why she's back on Dancing with the Stars and not doing any of the other many projects she claimed came her way after her last time on the show.
    I'm talking in terms of being compared to Drew, Helio et al. You know, as in referring to the show itself since this is a thread on the show and not on their careers as a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    I'm talking in terms of being compared to Drew, Helio et al. You know, as in referring to the show itself since this is a thread on the show and not on their careers as a whole.
    Drew has little or no career at the moment. He desperately needed a boost from this season.

Helio still has a brilliant racing career, but I imagine DWTS was a nice diversion for him. I'm sorry to see him go, but when compared to celebrities like Gilles, Melissa and Emmitt he was not very effective.

I would say Kirstie's "fans" are inline with the show's demographic, but I'm betting they'll run out before Bristol's do.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Bristol has the advantage of both her (and her mother's) fan plus the Vote For The Worst crew. She'll be around awhile.

I hear Kirstie has signed up for a new sit-com on cable coming out soon.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post

Sarah's "fan base" honestly have more important voting they're thinking about right now than DWTS. I suspect it's votefortheworst that's helping out the most. Really, I'm probably a LOT more tied in to the vast right-wing conspiracy than people on FSU and no one cares about DWTS.

Kirstie...I would vote for her over Bristol, because when she freezes (and NONE of them are doing their routines on full automatic except maybe Shawn, who already has a routine-memorizing skill set) she just says "The hell with it" and hams it up. Bristol actually has good technique when she doesn't panic, but when she DOES forget something, you can see it in her eyes that she's fixating on it. It happens with newbies (and everyone on the show except the ones who've gone on the tour are newbies) and it can be hard to get over. Think of it like in skating, learning to get up after a splat and skate the rest of the program like it never happened. Bristol's still in the "Oh god, I blew that part...gotta be perfect now OH GOD ANOTHER MISTAKE". Kirstie is just like "Oh well HEY LOOK AT ME I'M DANCING WITH A HOT GUY ON TV!" I'd keep her a week longer than Bristol just on that.

vCash
    Right, Kirstie looks like she's enjoying herself, despite any mistakes. I'd much rather watch her have fun than watch Bristol look like she's about to die every time she goes to dance.

Btw, did anyone watch the "recap" show before the eliminations where they showed some unseen behind the scenes clips? I nearly died of laughter when Maks had to ask Kirstie what "androgynous" meant. Poor guy.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Sarah's "fan base" honestly have more important voting they're thinking about right now than DWTS. I suspect it's votefortheworst that's helping out the most. Really, I'm probably a LOT more tied in to the vast right-wing conspiracy than people on FSU and no one cares about DWTS.
    Sarah's fan base is more personality driven than politically driven. Her fans actually have a fansite where they boast of the many different ways they managed to vote for Bristol (one person voting by Facebook, twitter, multiple phone lines, etc.).They did the same thing the last time Bristol was on, as well.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678