Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    maybe she's sad about her fake anthrax. although it's unlikely mark sent it so be nice.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    She's probably right.

I'd be bummed if I was Mark.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    They kind of brushed over that "Mark didn't show up for rehearsal" thing. That sounds a little odd, especially if he didn't mention it beforehand. He said "I was late" and she said "you didn't show up", and then he didn't disagree. I'm sure he his bummed, but he usually has been really nice about defending her.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i guess that is more of a headband than a tiara but i love it

that song was weird and not good weird
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Bristol shouldn't have skipped rehearsal, but more than that, she shouldn't have picked this dance.

That was terrible.

Mark is really trying to show things are good, and Bristol still looks peeved.

vCash
    Bristol & Mark danced a paso doble originally done by.. some former team, we don't get told who because we were only shown their drama segment. Ohh, Brooke says it was Joanna Krupa & Derek's dance.

Scores: 7.5, 7.5, 7.5

NEW/rarely done styles next week!! We've had so many season in a row now with the same dance styles, I'm ready for some charlestons, jitterbugs, and merengues!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Bristol shouldn't have skipped rehearsal, but more than that, she shouldn't have picked this dance.

That was terrible.
    But it was her BEST DANCE EVER judge said so

vCash
    Shawn & Derek chose Helio & Julianne's quickstep THAT WAS FUN.

Scores: 9, 8, 9.5

vCash
    Loved it!
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    I'm worried about Apolo and Karina. They didn't do a "fun" dance that would get people voting. And since all the scores are so scrunched up together, they won't make much of a difference.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Shawn and Derek make a good pair. She seems to make him play up his wholesome side, and he brings out her fun side.

vCash
    I think that the bottom three will be:
    Drew, Bristol, and either Helio, Kristie or Kelly

vCash
    Just saw Max and Kirstie's dance..oh my goodness! SO FUNNY.

ETA: Here's the rankings:

Kelly & Val - 27
    Melissa & Tony - 27
    Shawn & Derek - 26.5
    Apolo & Karina - 25.5
    Gilles & Peta - 25.5
    Helio & Chelsie - 25.5
    Sabrina & Louis - 25.5
    Emmitt & Cheryl - 25
    Drew & Anna - 24
    Kirstie & Maks - 24
    Bristol & Mark - 22.5

I agree with a poster on another board that Drew is probably toast. I think Kirstie's fans will come out in full force and save her, which would put Bristol, Helio and possibly Apolo in jeopardy. Hopefully it's Bristol but you never know.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I think Drew is out... combo of going first, underwhelming dancing, and losing the bottom 2 rebound effect he had last week. Helio will be fine because he has the rebound (and I voted for him too, just in case!).

I think they were extra nice to Bristol to try and get her out. I didn't get that dance at all. I thought she would be waltzing as Snow White (which I think I would've enjoyed; she's alright at the slower dances), not doing the paso... and what did the chess pieces represent? Were they just there so the judges couldn't see her footwork? But really, Mark shouldn't have skipped rehearsal without telling her. Interesting that when she said he'd rather have Sabrina/Shawn, he asked why she thinks that, but didn't deny it.

I'm usually all for the gimmicks but my favorites were the ones who pretty much just danced... Apolo, Kelly, and Melissa especially. Apolo's arm movements were gorgeous. Thank you to Carri-Ann for being the voice of reason tonight. That dance with Karina was hot and in technik. Don't know why the judges are hating on him so much. Len was harsh on him in S4, but not this harsh. I don't think the judges like Karina.

I felt like Sabrina just did the same paso she did with Mark, and Helio did his bananaman quickstep again, and not as well, though he's fun to watch and I want him to stay.

Pleasantly surprised Emmit and Gilles were not held up much. Gilles' pitching a hissyfit at Apolo choosing his dance was OTT. He should've seen it as an honor.

Shawn and Derek were awesome, I was throughout, but it wasn't the best dance ever. Imagine what they'll do for a freestyle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i love apolo but i dont feel any chemistry, not even friendly platonic chemistry betw them
    I kept thinking that this would've been sooooo hot with Julianne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    They kind of brushed over that "Mark didn't show up for rehearsal" thing. That sounds a little odd, especially if he didn't mention it beforehand. He said "I was late" and she said "you didn't show up", and then he didn't disagree. I'm sure he his bummed, but he usually has been really nice about defending her.
    It was odd, but it seems Mark was not attempting to defend himself. It was a smart technique. Bristol was determined to blame him. Defending himself would only make hr reach for more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    I could not get past Sabrina's costume.
    This. It made her look like she had one huge, exposed boob in the middle of her chest. Nasty!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I'm usually all for the gimmicks but my favorites were the ones who pretty much just danced... Apolo, Kelly, and Melissa especially. Apolo's arm movements were gorgeous. Thank you to Carri-Ann for being the voice of reason tonight. That dance with Karina was hot and in technik. Don't know why the judges are hating on him so much. Len was harsh on him in S4, but not this harsh. I don't think the judges like Karina.
    I tend to agree with this. She tends to be underscored. She's the best dancer on the show, IMO, so I don't get why they seem to not like her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Gilles' pitching a hissyfit at Apolo choosing his dance was OTT. He should've seen it as an honor.
    And then there was Apolo who made a point of telling Helio that he was honored to have his dance chosen. Class act.

I thought this "challenge" was really interesting- brought out the best in some people's personalities and the worst in others. Gilles came across as a complete control freak and very pompous, IMO. Peta looked a little more than annoyed- like she was biting her tongue.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Melissa & Tony have chosen JR & Karina's samba. SAMBA ROLLS!
    Agh, no. The only mercy is they didn't do reverse rolls, which are harder. There is nothing uglier than badly-done samba rolls and those were hideous. (They don't show up until at least late in Silver, maybe Gold, I'd have to check the syllabus, and it's for a reason. And even when you CAN do them without looking stupid, if you aren't a good body match proportionally they still can look awkward.)

I feel where Bristol's coming from--I don't doubt Mark is trying for her, but I also have no doubt he feels ripped off at not getting a near-sure-thing in Shawn or a second shot with Sabrina, and it probably shows. No one likes being their pro's morality pet. I'm sure the double elimination was set up to try and make sure she goes home, the only real question's who's going with her (I'd be fine with Helio, Kelly, or Drew--the men are boring me, Kelly...I don't know if Val hasn't learned to dance down much or she just can't dance any bigger, but she's kind of dull and slow. Killer dress, though. I wouldn't fit it but I may talk with the Randall folks in Ohio about what a copy would cost...)

Biggest question of the night for me: Does someone in wardrobe LOATHE Sabrina? That outfit was awful. In other costume notes props to Kirstie for realizing that draping and cowling does NOT in fact hide flaws or make you look smaller, especially in the chesticular area.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast