Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Article about Julia Lipniskaya

    Article about Julia Lipnitskaya "Pertfect skate" (February-March 2012, around the World Junior Championships) http://ffkm.ru/images/mf/Figurist_2012_1-2_25-26.pdf - page 18

    "I'm not talking about Julia before the world championships," - says her coach Eteri Tutberidze by phone. "I would praise her, because it's impossible not to, and it isn't a right thing to do before important competition. Talk with Lipnitskayas, and let's postpone our conversation until after Minsk."

    A conversation with Julia and Daniela Lipnitskaya began with them telling how three years ago the two of them, mother and daughter, were making difficult decision: to continue Julia's figure skating lessons or quit it altogether and start living like normal people.

    At the time, Julia was the best skater in the figure skating school [in Ekaterinburg] and could do double Axel when she was 10, but on the country level, in her age group, she "had nothing to catch". "We went to Russian Cup series, and we realized that our level was far below from that of Moscow and St. Petersburg athletes, - continues Julia's mother. - So the question was, what to do next? "

    But first they had to figure out where to go and to whom, so Lipnitskayas began a search of "their" coach. "At competitions, we were surreptiously watching the coaches — Julia admits. - My mother told me: look who would you like to train with? I liked Eteri Tutberidze right away, I told my mama that I would like to train with her. We then talked about her like that: look, there is ''our'' coach coming".

    Eteri Georgievna learned that story after Julia began training in her group. "I remember that competition, but I had no idea that I was watched that closely by someone - smiles Eteri. - I was there with Sasha Deeva and Kamilla Gainetdinova and tried to prepare each of them for for the skate. Kamilla had to be guarded from communication, and Sasha, on the contrary, needed to communicate as much as possible. And I was trying to do it all at once, I imagine how funny that must have looked."

    However, even having made the choice, Lipnitskayas didn't contact the coach at once, because they still thought, maybe it wasn't worth an effort to try to change something. But, as the saying goes, it's better to do and have a result than not to do and forever ask yourself a question "what if?" So they decided to take a chance, because, as we know, there is no harm in trying. "We did not set an appointment with Tutberidze, and when we went, we simply called the rink and asked the administrator to tell Eteri Georgievna that we were going to meet her."

    Now the whole story sounds like an interesting episode from the newly crowned World Junior champion's life, but the day when Daniela Lipnitskaya was starting her car to get her daughter to Moscow, they were only sure of one thing: if Eteri Tutberidze didn't take them, they wouldn't continue their attempts, they'd simply quit figure skating. As they now both recall the two days they spent on the road, they didn't think about the future or the past, they were not afraid, they just were going to try the only chance they gave themselves.

    When they had got to Moscow and found the rink, Julia went to the practice on the same day: "I remember that I was impressed with the level of skating of the group, I wanted to train there no matter what. Eteri Georgievna told me to do a double flip-double loop- double loop jump combination, I repeated it all practice and I was very tired, because I wasn't used to it." "I got her on the ice, and went to wait in the car - says Daniela Leonidovna. - On the first day, our practice, both on ice and off ice, lasted 9 hours. I was sitting in the car and thinking: what we got ourself into? "

    After the conversation with the coach who said, "I take her", they had to go back home to finally pack their belongings and move to Moscow. It took a week to settle all issues with work, an apartment, a school and a cat, then two days' journey by car and after one night in Kazan, at eight p.m. they were in Moscow. "We called the apartment owner with whom we had an agreement about an apartment rent, but no one answered - wide-eyed, says Julia. - And here me and my mama sitting in a car near Auchan, it's almost midnight, and we have nowhere to go, and don't know what to do. " Lipnitskayas called several agencies and found a place to live by midnight, and the next day Julia went on the ice.

    Julia Lipnitskaya started training in Eteri Tutberidze's group in March 2009. And if Julia now says that she was impressed by the group, we have to reveal that the group was equally impressed by her. First of all, by her hard work, ultra-fast learning ability, and the unique flexibility she demonstrated during her spins. By the way, she performed her spins for the first time only two weeks after she came, and the coach initially took her because of her double Axel, even though, as Julia notes, "My Axel technique wasn't that good and we spent a lot of time trying to fix it. "

    In this first week, it became clear that the coach and her new student found each other. "The first week we were dying from exhaustion - says Julia's mother - because they were not used to work like that. But we all know that if Eteri Georgievna wants something from an athlete, she gets it. She started working with Julia very seriously from the first day, and Julia was doing her best at every practice, because she wanted very much to catch up with «those Muscovites»".

    Eteri Tutberidze and Igor Pashkevich soon taught Lipnitskaya all the triple jumps. In the fall at the Moscow Cup in her free program she showed all the triple jumps, except maybe triple loop. "It isn't my favorite jump because I don't understand yet how I have to jump it so that it works out each time - says Julia in all seriousness. - Yes, I do it in practice, and in the programs, but I cannot fully control the trajectory of the jump. "

    Julia now does in practice all possible triple jumps combinations, including the most complex triple Lutz–triple loop, but at first, she admits, she couldn't do edge jumps, such as Salchow and loop. "I was killing myself trying to do Salchow at first, because I learned to jump it the wrong way as a child. I remember how Eteri Georgievna asked me: why did you think Salchow should be done by a straight line? "

    "I would never say that Eteri Tutberidze was formerly an ice dancer, not a single skater – Daniela Lipnitskaya says – because she understands jumps very well, all the minute details. She explains them so well that whoever comes to her starts doing them. "

    To achieve this effect,coaches usually use the method of sparring. In this group, sparring is present in excess. "Polina Shelepen technically is a very strong skater who can jump all triple jump combinations, and if Julia has just mastered them, Polina learned them long ago. It absolutely doesn't matter for her which of triple jump combos to do, she can do them all and she has a good technique. It pushes Julia to be better, and if something doesn't work, and she sees that Polina does it, she will go and do it just out of competitive spirit, "- says the coach. Surprisingly, it did not prevent the girls from becoming friends, despite being rivals on the ice, they communicate very well in everyday life. Maybe it is because of Polina's very friendly and soft character, but at competitions the girls feel much better when they are together than by themselves. " At the Russian Cup final, when it was unclear yet if Shelepen would go to the Junior Championships or not, Julia told me: "At Worlds I'd better be with Polina, I would like to be with her," - says the coach.

    Recently Eteri Georgievna with her students reminds more of a mother with daughters. "Well, they are really like daughters to me, - smiles Eteri and then continues seriously: - Sometimes, I refuse to take an athlete to the group, not because it's a bad skater, but because it isn't 'mine'. When it's 'mine', I see it with inner eye."

    "Eteri Georgievna is like a self-updating program, she always comes up with something new. I am very happy to skate in her group. The only thing is, she wants my life to be only about figure skating, and I want to do many other things... "

    The first on the list of 'many other things' is the desire to ride the horses that are waiting for her every summer at her grandmother's in a village near Ekaterinburg. "It's just regular horses for work - lights up Julia - but I like to ride them, and if not for the contact with Rostelecom, I would love to do it."
    As a child, Julia wanted to be a veterinary to "treat animals," or a horse breeder. The question: "What about the dream of becoming a famous figure skater?" the girl answers very seriously, "You know, figure skating is such a sport where everything is so unsteady, you can never plan ahead, you have to live only by the present day. For now, I'm not going to quit figure skating, what next — we will see. "

    Next on the list is the desire to travel the world and enjoy the sights of nature: "I really want to see the world, especially mountains, seas, lakes, and so on. I do not care much for architecture, but I like the nature photos from all over the world." In addition, in her spare time Julia likes to draw, especially animals, and "if I had time, I would do it all day." And she likes to make bracelets , to crochet and knit, to make clay figurines and listen to music. But out of all of the above she manages only to listen to music – Julia does it all the time, even falls asleep with headphones, but everything else only in rare leisure moments between training and school.

    Like the rest of children nowadays, she takes her iPad everywhere and all day is walking around digging some interesting stuff and educational programs from the Internet. Some of these studies are related to the 7 th grade course whichJulia finished this year in school N113. "We switched to home education and take all the exams for the year at once one by one. This year we had eight, so they saw me at school exactly eight times. Physics, algebra and geometry are easier than humanitarian subjects. And from now on I am going to start studying English properly because this season I was traveling to international competitions and realized that it is necessary ", - says the girl. And also there is taboo to talk about figure skating at home, and if the mother wants her daughter to watch someone's skating videos, she has to send her a link via Vkontakte, then there is a chance she will see it . "This is a real problem to make Julia watch figure skating on TV or the Internet — Julia's mother complains. - It's good that last year the Worlds were in Moscow and she saw it at all live. "

    "Who did I like? – muses Julia. - I do not know. Perhaps, most of all I liked Carolina Kostner, because her skating is very powerful and she has good height on her jumps. " The conversation reveals that she watches Patrick Chan because her coach tells her to, but he doesn't touch her soul. That she has a lot of respect for Evgeny Plushenko because of his character, and among pairs and dance teams she watches only those she knows personally, the exception is Sui - Han who do quad throw and quadruple twist.

    Russian Championship last year was the occasion when Julia was not just noticed but already memorized by experts, journalists and the audience. That once again rise a question: how a child of 12 - 13 years of age can cope with all the attention and won't it lead to a star syndrome? "What's a star syndrome? - both mother and daugther are genuinely surprised and then Julia, a little confused, says: "I don't like giving interviews very much, but we have a contract with Moskomsport that regulates all our interactions with press. In general, the only way to deal with the attention is to ignore it." But journalists still attack,for example, try to compare her to Sasha Cohen. This year both of Julia's programs — short program to"Black Eyes" and free to "Romeo and Juliet" – were choreographed by Nikolai Morozov, who either accidentally or deliberately reminded everyone about Cohen's programs. The third, gala number is set to Lara Fabian's song «Je t'aime», but, according to Julia, "Dark Eyes" suits her the best of all three. As for Sasha Cohen, Julia says earnestly: "I haven't heard about her until this year, when people started comparing me to her, I didn't know her at all. I looked up her videos, but did not find anything in common."

    This year, Julia participated in international competitions that began for her with junior Grand Prix where she won everything, including the final. "So far, I like to compete, - she says - and do not worry a lot before that, because we are doing a lot of run-throughs, and this is just another of the same - and that's all. "
    "In my opinion, Julia is one of those people who exceed in everything they do, - says Eteri Tutberidze. - I see her character first, and then her abilities and talents. And by nature she is a fighter, not a quitter. "

    Preparation for the World Junior Championships began almost immediately after the Russian Championships, where Julia Lipnitskaya placed second behind Adelina Sotnikova. Besides working on jumps, coaching team focused on the basic skating and choreography, inviting a well-known specialists Sergei Chemodanov and Ekaterina Zhurina. Seeing how Julia is concentrated on every practice, Eteri Georgievna still worried about her, because she saw the girl getting tired from successful, but very difficult season. "It happened so that since the middle of November we started competing and competed non-stop. First Grand Prix, then Grand Prix final, then the Russian championships, then Russian Cup Final and, finally,World Junior Championships - too much for a 13-year-old girl. In the last weeks before the Worlds, we made an emphasis on choreography, every gesture, and even every look. I was worried about her, because I saw she was tired, but it had shown not technically, but emotionally, because you cannot skate beautifully every day. But she managed"- summes up the coach.

    If after the short program audience at the World championships applauded loudly, after the free there was a standing ovation. In Minsk, Julia Lipnitskaya left her competitors no chances in both program. Total score of 187.05 points was the best result in her first international season.

    After all the congratulations, in the mixed zone, I asked Eteri Georgievna: "You came here to win, didn't you?" – she answered: "We came here for the perfect skates of the programs, and, of course, we all hoped that the perfect programs would bring us first place. I sincerely believe that Julia is such a brilliant, such an athlete that should come to competitions for the first place. And that it is my responsibility to prepare her for this result."

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you for the interview! I'm impressed by Julia's determination and it looks like she has a good head on her shoulders and a very supportive mom on her side.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post

    "Who did I like? – muses Julia. - I do not know. Perhaps, most of all I liked Carolina Kostner, because her skating is very powerful and she has good height on her jumps. " The conversation reveals that she watches Patrick Chan because her coach tells her to, but he doesn't touch her soul. That she has a lot of respect for Evgeny Plushenko because of his character, and among pairs and dance teams she watches only those she knows personally, the exception is Sui - Han who do quad throw and quadruple twist.
    best part of the article

  4. #4
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,198
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    Many thanks, quiqie!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Interview with Eteri Tutberidze in Finland:

    http://www.sport-express.ru/newspape...5_1/?view=page

    EK: How did she feel skating the last?
    ET: You know, I was more worried. Usually Julia's aggression in jumping can already been seen during the warm-up. And here there were a lot of toys on the ice, she had to be more careful and didn't go into jumps with full speed. As a result, they looked different from what she usually does. And I was afraid she would start skating with the feeling that something is wrong - then the first combination certainly would go wrong. But already by the beginning of the program I understood that everything was fine.

    EK: Can you say that the goal for this competition was achieved?
    ET: There is still work to do. I scheduled this event three and a half weeks before the Grand Prix specifically to be able to fix the bugs. For example, we started training combination spin just five days before the competition, because Julia's left leg hurt. And when we began, one option did not fit, another did not look good... I even thought maybe to settle for level 3 spin.

    EK: How much has Julia grown over the last year?
    ET: You know, preparation for the season was not at all easy. Julia is growing, she turns from a child into a girl, not only her figure changes, but also a character. Plus she had a leg injury. It was very hard to break in these boots: Julia'd hurt her leg, but she did not want to take out the boning because the boots were made especially for her leg. And then a tear has formed in this place. Initially, doctors said three or four weeks of complete rest. But it is impossible! As a result, she trained while skating mainly on her right leg, and substituted all the other jumps with flips. To be honest, I was almost hysterical.

    EK: Now Julia is in the spotlight. How does it affect her and you?
    ET: So is everyone: Adelina Sotnikova, Liza Tuktamysheva, Alena Leonova.

    EK: Yes, but they are older and more experienced.
    ET: Who told you it is easier to handle when you are older?
    Last edited by quiqie; 10-10-2012 at 08:49 AM.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    Julia is very talented and looks like she has a good chance to beat her everyone in the future.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Julia's interview at TEB: http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...144852549.html

    - Julia, you won a medal at your second Grand Prix. Did you expect to?

    - Well... I'm glad I finished the program. It was very hard after the spins, my leg felt stiff, or numb, I did not feel it at all. I did the Lutz with hands only, it seemed. I don't even know how I managed not to fall.

    - There were talks that you could withdraw due to injury.

    - I thought about it. I twisted my ankle almost on my departure day: our flight was in the morning, and I twisted my ankle at practice the day before. Most likely, I sprained my ankle, and the leg was very swollen. At the first practice in Paris it was very painful, I didn't do any jumps. We thought about withdrawal, but the next day was a little better, I could jump. Later, however, the leg started aching again - I must have overstrained it in the short.

    - Did you have any goals going into this Grand Prix event?

    - I had to finish in the top three to have a chance to get into the final.

    - Is there any difference for you who to skate up against to? For example, in the short program in Paris you beat Ashley Wagner, who still isn't very decorated skater, but in China you bypassed Mao Asada, a two-time world champion.

    - Actually, all the girls have a long history of skating, each has a name, reputation and component score, and I still have to work toward it.

    - Is there any role model for you?

    - To be honest, I don't follow everyone. I have to skate and to improve myself.

    - Then maybe there is someone who you would especially like to beat?

    - To beat? Myself. If I skated better, it might have won in Paris, and in China.

    - When did you start skating? Who brought you to the rink?

    - My mother brought me to the rink when I was four, and since then began my suffering (laughs).

    - Really?

    - Well ... No one forced me to put on skates. There was a time when I was sick of skating, and it was when we were already in Moscow. I'm just not that eager to, I do not feel that I should skate, skate and skate - I just just go and skate. I know that I have good perspectives.

    - But Valentin Piseev (ex-president of the Russian Federation of figure skating - Sports.ru) has recently said that you are a workaholic, you need to be stopped so that you do not overwork yourself.

    - Well, I work alright, it's not like I go out there and don't do anything.

    - Did you ever think about pairs skating or ice dance?

    - No, never. My mother used to - maybe three years ago - threaten me by saying that if you don't train properly, you would end up skating pairs.

    - The press wrote that you have no nerves, especially after the Chinese Grand Prix. Do you ever get nervous when you skate?

    - In China, by the way, I was very nervous. When I went out for the free program, I was shaking, and then when the first jump did not work out well I do not know how I coped at all. In Paris, it wasn't like that, it was just difficult because of the injury, and I generally tried not to think about it. I managed the first jump, the second somehow has knocked me off track a little, and after the spin it was already very difficult to finish.

    - Usually at 14-15 people just go to school, to the movies, to the parties, do their homework and occasionally fail it. How do you make yourself train so hard every day?

    - It is the force of habit. When you do the same thing day after day, you get used to.

    - Athletes are in fact much older than their calendar age suggest ...

    - Yes, there is that.

    - So how do you communicate with your peers?

    - I don't. I used to do it before, when I attended school. When I came back after a long break, I was afraid that everyone would be so smart, and I'll look stupid, but it turned out that they were just not interesting.

    - And how are you now combine training and education? Study at home?

    - Yes, homeschool. I haven't even opened textbooks yet, frankly, do not even know what I have there ...

    - Apparently, now you have Grand Prix.

    - Yes, now I have to compete. Usually, I open textbooks at the end of the season, learn everything for a whole year from scratch in a week, and then go to the exams. And then all over again.

    - You have said that is not interesting for you to talk with your peers, so your friends are from figure skating world?

    - Yes.

    - That is, the friendship in sport is real, despite the competition?

    - Yes, we have a very tight-knit group, and it is more interesting at the rink than at school.

    - Going back to figure skating, do you pay attention to the changes in rules?

    - Yes, of course. This year, by the way, we had a huge problem with spins, we did not know what variations to use. I had to learn butterfly jump literally from scratch, because I tried it last time two years ago, and I had fallen so hard once that I never tried it again. Well, and when I was forced to learn it again, it took me a month, probably.

    - Who chooses the music for your programs? How does it happen?

    - Last year, we did it with Nikolai Morozov. "Dark Eyes", I think, was his suggestion, and we agreed pretty easily, and then he was flipping through the music, we heard "Romeo and Juliet" and decided easily too - like, this one is beautiful, let's do it. And this year, I chose the music myself. My mother and I had listened to a lot of things. I wanted "Sabre Dance" for a long time, but it was probably still too early to skate to it, and choreography never worked out. Well, and then somehow it did, and we set it up.

    - Is the music you usually listen to much different from the music you skate to?

    - I never listen to classics. The same "Sabre Dance" is just so upbeat, and I like upbeat music.

    - What approach works better for you: stick or carrot?

    - It depends. If I feel bad and I'm in a bad mood, then, of course, the coach has to make me work, or it can take me a long time to get ready, perhaps, only at the second practice session. Well, and if the mood is right, the whole day is a great success, and that's all.

    - Is the press at the event distracting?

    - Well, before the competition, I do not like to talk to the press. I hate, by the way, when the practice is being filmed.

    - But at the same time you act very confident at press conferences!

    - Well, when I first went to a press conference last year, I was suddenly asked: "What did you feel during the skate? '. And I was sitting and thinking, "What did I feel?". I couldn't even utter a word.

    - Athletes are often superstitious. Do you have any superstitions or mascots?

    - No.

    - So if there is a black cat crossing your way to the rink, you won't be upset?

    - Well, they must be running somewhere. I honestly do not care.

    - Irina Slutskaya said that she wouldn't let her mother watch her when she was skating.

    - We're in different cities, so I do not even know whether my mother is watching or not. She usually doesn't, she gets too nervous.

    - It is hard to be so far away from your family?

    - Last year was very difficult. I literally cried every day, called my mother, and then I got used to it. Or maybe I'm still getting used to it ...
    Last edited by quiqie; 11-24-2012 at 03:23 PM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,550
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2947
    thanks !

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    skating with a numb legs ;
    hoping for fast recovery, when Julia's on she can get huge scores , her messy FS got her even 115+

  10. #10
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    - My mother brought me to the rink when I was four, and since then began my suffering (laughs).
    ...
    - Well, I work alright, it's not like I go out there and don't do anything.

    - Did you ever think about pairs skating or ice dance?

    - No, never. My mother used to - maybe three years ago - threaten me by saying that if you don't train properly, you would end up skating pairs.
    ...
    - Yes, homeschool. I haven't even opened textbooks yet, frankly, do not even know what I have there ...

    - Apparently, now you have Grand Prix.

    - Yes, now I have to compete. Usually, I open textbooks at the end of the season, learn everything for a whole year from scratch in a week, and then go to the exams. And then all over again.
    ...
    - Well, when I first went to a press conference last year, I was suddenly asked: "What did you feel during the skate? '. And I was sitting and thinking, "What did I feel?". I couldn't even utter a word.
    ...
    - So if there is a black cat crossing your way to the rink, you won't be upset?

    - Well, they must be running somewhere. I honestly do not care.
    I can't express how much I love this girl and her blunt answers to the dumbest questions... hope she never loses this attitude...

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Awwww....love reading her interviews... very honest, very Russian, very cute! The part of about her missing her mum really touched me. Being 13, train away from home is tough for anyone.

    Thanks quiqie!! Julia appears to have got bit of a Jock spirit in her doesn't she, very energetic and likes upbeat music, really different from other classic girly skaters who prefer lovely soft music.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Awwww....love reading her interviews... very honest, very Russian, very cute! The part of about her missing her mum really touched me. Being 13, train away from home is tough for anyone.

    Thanks quiqie!! Julia appears to have got bit of a Jock spirit in her doesn't she, very energetic and likes upbeat music, really different from other classic girly skaters who prefer lovely soft music.
    which is a bit odd, you'd think with her being so flexible she would be into ballet or classical musics but she dislikes it, lol
    I like Julia, she's a tough cookie like Tuk

  13. #13
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my bedroom flipping the light on/off
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Thank you!



    I can't express how much I love this girl and her blunt answers to the dumbest questions... hope she never loses this attitude...
    I know, it's great to see. No one in America would dare answer questions this way. I like her even more after these interviews.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,869
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^Not true! Did you see Mirai Nagasu at the press conference after 2010 nationals? She was very candid with her answers and had absolutely no filter!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENQb4iTUelA

    She talked about how excited she was to go to the Olympics, mainly b/c of all the free stuff she'd get! She made a comment about being a stereotypical Asian and how much she liked free gifts...it was totally endearing and so refreshing to see someone be so honest.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7770
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    ^^Not true! Did you see Mirai Nagasu at the press conference after 2010 nationals? She was very candid with her answers and had absolutely no filter!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENQb4iTUelA

    She talked about how excited she was to go to the Olympics, mainly b/c of all the free stuff she'd get! She made a comment about being a stereotypical Asian and how much she liked free gifts...it was totally endearing and so refreshing to see someone be so honest.
    This is a thread about Julia. So Mirai's interviews are not really of interest here.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

    Bruce Lee

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    17,618
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I like this kid -- she's incurably honest and she doesn't have time for dumb questions. Black cats do have to run somewhere!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

  17. #17
    Crazy Stalker Lady
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Busy stalking the world.
    Posts
    3,928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43178
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    This is a thread about Julia. So Mirai's interviews are not really of interest here.
    I found it interesting

    And if a poster makes a claim that an American would not be so candid, another poster is "entitled" to point out that it's not true.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    fall, glorious fall
    Posts
    1,652
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I"m a fan of Julia's skating. I like her spirit off the ice too...and Mirai's for that matter. I especially like the black cat and not doing any schoolwork yet comments...and her years of suffering...
    My wish for Julia is to develop more speed and power and that should come with time.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,019
    vCash
    1561
    Rep Power
    4990
    Not only the suffering but that the kids her age are not interesting.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Julia's out of Russian Nationals due to recent injury, says Piseev - http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121218/636286019.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •