Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    I doubt he will. Look what happened to Takahashi's programs this season...
    Then what is the role of Lambiel going to be in the preparation of Amodio for next season? Showing Florent how he should skate to Morozov's choreographies? Lambiel is too nice, really. But maybe he will help Amodio with the spins though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Then what is the role of Lambiel going to be in the preparation of Amodio for next season? Showing Florent how he should skate to Morozov's choreographies? Lambiel is too nice, really. But maybe he will help Amodio with the spins though.
    Yes, it could be that he is going to help with spins. Amodio has good speed in his spins, but he almost never manages to get level 4 (something to do with the positions?). I can't quite imagine Stephane helping with anything else - their styles are too different. Choreography would be something else, as a choreographer has to be able to work for skaters with very different styles, so such a collaboration would be good for Lambiel. But I don't see that happening either.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 04-13-2013 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Yes, it could be that he is going to help with spins. Amodio has good speed in his spins, but he almost never manages to get level 4 (something to do with the positions?). I can't quite imagine him helping with anything else - their styles are too different. Choreography would be something else, as a choreographer has to be able to work for skaters with very different styles, so such a collaboration would be good for Lambiel. But I don't see that happening either.
    Amodio said in the interview that he would be working on choreography & technique with Lambiel & Yagudin & that this was all with the agreement of Morozov. So I think Lambiel is definitely going to help with the programs - it's something they've both mentioned as a possibility since 2010. Amodio hasn't just used Morozov as his choreographer since he moved to him, his former main coach Bernard Glesser has been involved a lot too, particularly with his programs from 2011-12 season, so I think there's a reasonable chance that if Lambiel does do the choreography Morozov won't mess too much with it.

vCash
    You ask me what Lambiel and Amodio think his role will be or what it will actually be in the end, and what of his work we eventually will see? Because there might be some difference between those.

All Amodio has mentioned is that he is going to work with Lambiel and Yagudin, on technical sides with the one and on choreography with the other (this is the order he names them and their roles, but it's quite obvious who is the "one" and who is the "other"). We don't know for how long and how much they will work. But it definitely won't hurt to mention them for PR reasons, right?

I don't really believe Morozov will let Stéphane choreograph the whole program. Or, let's say it this way, I don't believe Florent will really skate what Stéphane has choreographed for him. Because even with Takahashi, the only one who came with "other" choreographies, in the end Morozov left his distinctive mark.

What can be Lambiel's role? I don't think that working on spins can be called "work on the choreography" Amodio has mentioned, but it might be that Stéphane will help him with those too. I think, more or less it will be similar to what happened to Ten's programs this season and to the programs of Mishin's students last season when Stéphane worked in Mishin's summer camp. Stéphane calls it "adding his fragrance". And, yes, you can call it "showing how to skate to someone's choreo" (this is exactly what he did with Lori's choreo for Denis Ten). And, yes, Stéphane is really nice indeed. This will be the best case scenario, when all the sides know exactly that only "fragrance" will be used.

The worst case will be that Stéphane will indeed work on the choreography of the whole program, but then it will be ripped off anything interesting by Morozov, some typical pseudo-sexy Amodio's movements will be added back, the program will have nothing to do with him but Stéphane's name will be used in every occasion for PR. This is exactly what happened to Tuktamysheva's program. And I have a feeling something rather similar can happen again.
    Last edited by reut; 04-14-2013 at 12:25 AM.

vCash
    The worst case will be that Stéphane will indeed work on the choreography of the whole program, but then it will be ripped off anything interesting by Morozov, some typical pseudo-sexy Amodio's movements will be added back, the program will have nothing to do with him but Stéphane's name will be used in every occasion for PR. This is exactly what happened to Tuktamysheva's program. And I have a feeling something rather similar can happen again.
    Absolutely my thought. Florent and Morozov seem to love lobbying. IMO, they will work with Lambiel for 4 days. And they will put his name, lol

vCash
    You ask me what Lambiel and Amodio think his role will be or what it will actually be in the end, and what of his work we eventually will see? Because there might be some difference between those.
    I wasn't asking you but actually trying to phrase in the form of a question my own view of what Lambiel's contribution would most likely consist in and I notice you and I seem to be on the same page.

All Amodio has mentioned is that he is going to work with Lambiel and Yagudin, on technical sides with the one and on choreography with the other (this is the order he names them and their roles, but it's quite obvious who is the "one" and who is the "other"). We don't know for how long and how much they will work. But it definitely won't hurt to mention them for PR reasons, right?
    Yagudin helped Amodio with the jumps just a couple of times in the past and I have my doubts he and Amodio will be working together other than sporadically but if they think that adding to the Résumé some big names of figure skating will impress the judges and will result in higher GOEs on the jumps and better transitions/choreography marks and if the big names don't mind being used for strictly PR purposes, let them go for it.

The worst case will be that Stéphane will indeed work on the choreography of the whole program, but then it will be ripped off anything interesting by Morozov, some typical pseudo-sexy Amodio's movements will be added back, the program will have nothing to do with him but Stéphane's name will be used in every occasion for PR.
    I wouldn't underestimate the effect of sexy moves on female audiences.

vCash
    but if they think that adding to the Résumé some big names of figure skating will impress the judges and will result in higher GOEs on the jumps and better transitions/choreography marks and if the big names don't mind being used for strictly PR purposes, let them go for it.
    Hence the difference between the good and the bad scenarios I wrote above.

I wouldn't underestimate the effect of sexy moves on female audiences.
    Oh, I don't underestimate the effect. I just don't want to see them in the program "labelled" as "choreographed by Stéphane Lambiel".

vCash
    Apparently the FFSG is bringing back Stars Sur Glace next year (more pics here). I don't know if it'll be a one-time farewell tour type thing or if it'll be an annual tour.

And that looks like a Yretha Silete sighting during the announcement

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Wow! This would be great. I went to Nice back in 2006 and I have really good memories of that trip. I tried a couple of times after that but couldn't make the dates work. A little SSG trip (and maybe an AoI one) could cheer me up if I don't make it to Worlds next year.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    French skaters say 'au revoir' to long season
    Silété makes strides in recovery; Joubert contemplates [his] coaching; Péchalat, Bourzat plan ahead
    By Jean-Christophe Berlot
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    News video related to the article posted above (the French skaters gathered at a rink in Paris (Bercy) after WTT): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28zB54ZpJ_c

ETA:
    Re-posting a working link to the March 27 article on Florent Amodio by the Associated Press (first in a series of articles tracking him on the road to Sochi): http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...t-sochi-games/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-24-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: To re-post Amodio article link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    News video related to the article posted above (the French skaters gathered at a rink in Paris (Bercy) after WTT): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28zB54ZpJ_c
    Very obliging of Brian to show his chest right off the bat.

I wish my French were good enough to actually understand what they're saying...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Very obliging of Brian to show his chest right off the bat.

I wish my French were good enough to actually understand what they're saying...
    You made me look... You know, Nathalie was there so everyone had to showcase good marketing skills (she has a marketing degree)
    Last edited by joeperryfan; 04-23-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: I only wrote cr*p! Effects of naked frenchmen.

vCash
    The journalist says: A casual meeting and an another point of view of figure skating. Few days ago all the champions gather in Bercy, one year before the Game of Sochi the mood is great
    The lady voice says: Far from the spotlights, privileged meeting with the skaters of team France.
    Then Nathalie and Florent noticed Brian outfit
    Brian : No violence it's holidays (just for the rhyme it doesn't mean anything)
    Nathalie: We kisses again because there is the camera
    Brian laughs and says: yes exactly. Well when does it begin?
    lady voice: Paris Bercy a meeting for happy few, little show on the ice and good atmosphere
    The skater on the zamboni says it's not me, someone obliged me.
    Nathalie: you see we are a bit kaput soo..
    Florent: it's the end of the season
    Nathalie: Fabian is recovering, we make the new programs, it takes a lot of time but it's less intense. We are preparing for Sochi
    Voice: End of season of everybody and presentation, for some of them, of the after-Sochi show. A reason to be together after a stormy season. Brian Joubert, ninth of the last WC just come back from Tokyo after the GPF, already set in Olympic mood, his last Game.
    Brian: I need to enjoy every days in practice and every competition, but I have no doubts, I feel that next season will be good.
    Voice: Moments to skate with the audience and to not forget the misunderstandings of last year. The back injury of Florent Amodio, 12th in the WC and Fabian's injury who deprive our dancer of the world podium.
    Nathalie: The lesson is...
    Florent: Roll on next year
    Nathalie: Exactly, we will give everything next year, everything that we cannot give this time, it's for next year. Nothing is lost, everything transforms (quote from Lavoisier. don't know the English translation)
    Fabian, pointing Daria and one of the mens: this two are great together.
    Voice: So that's a beautiful France' Team happy and united with a big potential for next year, for sure.
    Nathalie: It's not a team, it's some friends who share the same passion. So it's more than a team. We love each other that's all, no no I'm too old to say :"on se kiffe" so we love each other very much

My translation skill is very poor, so excuse me if I made some mistakes

vCash
    Interview with Florent Amodio (Russian):
    http://www.morozov-team.com/article/96.html

To our discussion above:

Will it be your first time working with Lambiel?
    Yes, he will come to France for five days, and we will try to work productively. He promised to share with me his ideas, to give some advices about musical pieces, to help on the ice. Stéphane is a good friend of mine, and I'm glad I have this opportunity to work with him. I asked him: will you help me to prepare for the Olympic season? And Lambiel agreed! But he has a very busy schedule, and it was hard to find the date when we both are free. I think, he will come to France around May 5-10. But my programs will be created by Nikolai, and Stéphane will simply help with the ideas. It's always very interesting for me to involve new people, it allows you to see everything from the different point of view.

vCash
    But my programs will be created by Nikolai, and Stéphane will simply help with the ideas.
    As was to be expected.
    Thanks, reut.

vCash
    Short update with Nathalie and Fabian:
    http://www.absoluteskating.com/inter...atbourzat.html

Florent and Stéphane:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...51371158296143
    http://instagram.com/p/ZA4cU5kv1w/

I have a slightest hope that in these five days they will work fast enough so that not only "ideas" but the whole program will be ready. And then Morozov will be too busy with other programs for other students and won't have time to change it. Am I too naive and optimistic?

vCash
    P/B new programme theatrical lot's of emotions colourful nice lines speed and the most beautiful story in the world !
    Sounds intriguing.Nathalie/Fabian what teases
    Any ideas anyone ?
    Thank's reut for the link !

vCash
    The magazine Doppio Axel posted on its facebook page that their Free Dance was on the music of The Little Prince, but they stated that it was just a rumour so I don't know whether it's true or not.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Little Prince, which, btw, was published 70 years ago this year

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast