Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(
    Sad news. Wishing Fabian fast recovery.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't. We don't know and it's not relevant either.

Might be, as overprotected children often want to be near their families.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Ugh, how awful. Even if he heals in time for worlds, they're going to lose so much training time.

There will be a great battle now for the European title between Bobrova, Ilinykh, and Cappellini, but it's a shame it will to come at such a price.
    Soloviev, Katsalpov and Lanotte might have a role as well. I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(
    Is there some bad voodoo or something at Krylova/Carmelengo's camp? I mean their top two teams out due to injury, that must be frustrating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    Translation

Péchalat-Bourzat withdraw
    Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat had to withdraw from the European Championships in Zagreb which will begin next Wednesday, due to an injury to an adductor for Fabian

Probably unable to skate until the end of the month, Fabian Bourzat will do a part of his reathletisation next week in Lyon, while his partner will go to Zagreb in her capacity of captain of the French team
    Terrible news!! Wishing Fabian a speedy recovery.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    According to the FFSG's most recent press release, Brian Joubert will indeed be going to Euros (there was some speculation about that earlier). P/B are of course out - sad to see only one French ice dance team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    ). P/B are of course out - sad to see only one French ice dance team
    Very sad indeed but on the bright side we will have Papadakis/Cizeron next year
    Last edited by nuge; 01-19-2013 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Has it been mentioned on FSU that Alexis Miart was on the dutch version of Dancing with the Stars on Ice? I've just found out about it!
    http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/sterre...n/zimra-geurts

Btw, Maé-Bérénice Méité is now on Twitter, in case anyone wants to follow her, so is Alexis but I won't put his address here in protest for his shameful disappearing act.

I'm actually looking forward to watching Papadakis/Cizeron next year too!

As to Joubert changing his FS, well, it's not the best timing but I think it could be a good move for him since, IMHO, he wasn't feeling his Inception program and if he doesn't feel it he loses a lot of energy and the whole thing sucks to no end. I liked Gladiator as an exhibition, he seemed much more at ease with that interpretation and it didn't feel overly Yagudinish to me, but maybe I've forgotten what Yags was like(and I'm not sorry about it ).

P/B **endless sigh**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    Has it been mentioned on FSU that Alexis Miart was on the dutch version of Dancing with the Stars on Ice? I've just found out about it!
    http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/sterre...n/zimra-geurts
    Former French team ice dancers Benoit Richaud and Scarlett Rouzet are also on this show. By the looks of things, Alexis and his partner have already been voted out.

Another piece of info to add to this thread is that Pernelle Carron and Lloyd Jones and their coach Marika Humphreys-Baranova have lately spent some of their time at the Novi Ice Arena with Igor Shpilband.

vCash
    It seems that Joubert is doing the Challenge Cup(Netherlands) again this year.

vCash
    Fabian Bourzat posted on their Facebook fan page on Feb. 7 that he has returned to the ice, after 4 weeks off, "in shape and super motivated!"

Article/interview with 2013 European silver medalist Florent Amodio: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

ETA:
    It seems that Joubert is doing the Challenge Cup(Netherlands) again this year.
    Joubert, Besseghier, Meite, James/Cipres and Popova/Massot are all on the entries list as of Feb. 13.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Gosh, everytime I see this thread up, I fear somebody is injured again.

vCash
    Update on Péchalat/Bourzat by Nathalie: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "It's going rather well," Péchalat said. "We have not lost anything in terms of quality or technique. Physically, though, we need to practice hard to be in top form for worlds in three weeks. We, however, need to go step by step, as Fabian needs to be careful of how intense and how long he practices. He can skate about one hour and a half every day, just the time to review everything. We also exercise physically for about another hour and a half every day, through stretching, and specific muscle and cardio work. Fabian listens to his body very carefully, and we all adapt to his own rhythm."

Asked whether resuming training after such a problem was too difficult, Péchalat was quick to answer.

"Oh, no! Real life is starting again. It's work, work, work, and it's really better that way," she explained. "Before skating together again, Fabian and I started to review our programs off the ice, in order to identify what was still feasible and what was not. We had to stop, but not for long enough to forget any element of our programs. We have reached midseason, so we have them fully automatized by now. Things would have been much more difficult earlier in the season. Now, it's really cool to be together on the ice after all that time. Plus, we both love our programs, and we were really missing them."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Can't wait to see them at worlds

vCash
    I've just watched Papadakis/Cizeron at Junior Worlds and I really hope they are the next big thing in ice dancing. I like them a lot.

vCash
    It's unfortunate that neither Romain Ponsart nor Chafik Besseghier will get the opportunity to compete at Worlds this year (Amodio and Joubert are the only 2 listed on the ISU site now).

vCash
    Yeah. Really nice decision from dear dear FFSG.
    I'd love to hear WHY they're going that route, again.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Yeah. Really nice decision from dear dear FFSG.
    I'd love to hear WHY they're going that route, again.
    Could be related or maybe it has to do with the total number of placements they can get as a team for next year, I don't know that rule very well so I'm just saying... Spain left Raya home for that reason... Or maybe they don't want to risk either of the top guys having a meltdown and placing below the third guy, who knows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I've just watched Papadakis/Cizeron at Junior Worlds and I really hope they are the next big thing in ice dancing. I like them a lot.
    Yes they are an exciting couple.Apparently they are going to seniors next year .C/J are just not cutting it and are not improving IMO so P/C are just what the french team need.I really like S/B too who haven't decided whether to go to seniors or not yet . I liked their lines and personality especially him but their dances were not as interesting as P/C.
    Hoping for a great rivalry in the future from these two teams
    Have always loved french teams.Also great to see Zazoui back in the knc.

vCash
    Could be related or maybe it has to do with the total number of placements they can get as a team for next year, I don't know that rule very well so I'm just saying... Spain left Raya home for that reason... Or maybe they don't want to risk either of the top guys having a meltdown and placing below the third guy, who knows?
    In the Blue Book following 2012 Congress it says on pag 69
    If an ISU Member entered three (3) Competitors in a discipline of a Championships, only the two (2) best placed Competitors will count for points;

...so I can't figure out why..unless his withdrawal affects the overall numbers in the event such that the flights are 5 instead of 6 and # 10 and # 12 World Ranking are left out of the final 2 flights of the SP seeding.

..... or they are just being FFSG..and mean spirited.

The case for Spain is a little different.
    If 2 men are in..both placements count...and must total 13 or less to get 3 spots ( not likely for Raya)
    If only one is entered...a 1st or 2nd placement will get them 3 Olympic spots...a very realistic outcome for Fernandez.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast