Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

vCash
    Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 11hrs.

Steuer worked with Florent Amodio during the Art on Ice shows in Switzerland , but no decision on whether he will be his coach. #Worlds2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post

Steuer worked with Florent Amodio during the Art on Ice shows in Switzerland , but no decision on whether he will be his coach. #Worlds2014

Now I'm wondering if he'll have the nerves to work with Ingo, if he does we could be about to witness an epic work partnership.

vCash
    It's an intriguing possibility. Steuer would be able to give Amodio some interesting material and keep his tacky tendencies in check, but whether he'd make a good coach for a singles skater in general and Amodio specifically is another matter.

vCash
    Laurent Tobel: "After years of making people laugh, finally I made them cry!"
    http://absoluteskating.com/interview...renttobel.html

vCash
    Chafik Besseghier helps his own cause in securing a Worlds spot for 2015 by earning 2 spots for France for next year's Worlds (assuming Florent Amodio comes back healthy and ready for next year).

vCash
    https://twitter.com/frigobert/status/449527718020141057

Gwendal Peizerat will be running for president of the FFSG in the summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post

Steuer and Amodio :
    I┤m wondering if Ingo is keeping his nerves in check ......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post

EXCELLENT!

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post

That's perfect! How is it decided?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    A vote by club presidents. Last time, DG got 88%. I doubt Gwendal can do better
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    http://www.vosgestelevision.tv/sport...IHB3FjWbU?fb=1

The French Team is on tour this month and this is a pretty good quality link. (I don't think it's geoblocked)
    Brian, Flo Chafik, Mae-Berenice, Lenaelle, the 3 ice dance teams and James-Cipres are doing the tour.

Brian recently said that he is still considering pairs and that would only be a 2-3 year stint. He wants to have pairs experience to be more knowledgeable in his coaching career. He even said he would have to move to Detroit or Russia to be in a pair center. There are a couple of ladies under consideration at the moment. (We all know he would prefer Valentina)

vCash
    'Le chat Chafik' steps out of countrymen's shadows
    With Joubert out of picture, Besseghier looks forward to taking on Amodio
    Posted 4/14/14 by Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/04/14/72020828
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnĺt every four years, itĺs every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia! Interesting to see Albert Camus mentioned in an figure skating interwiew. Le chat Chafik got lots of sympathy points from me after this interwiew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Brian recently said that he is still considering pairs and that would only be a 2-3 year stint. He wants to have pairs experience to be more knowledgeable in his coaching career. He even said he would have to move to Detroit or Russia to be in a pair center. There are a couple of ladies under consideration at the moment. (We all know he would prefer Valentina)
    I think I saw that - he also mentioned not wanting to do shows for too long, because he figures that if he wants to coach it's not a good idea to be away from competitive skating for too long. Sounds like he has the whole coaching thing pretty well planned, I hope it works out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    'Le chat Chafik' steps out of countrymen's shadows
    With Joubert out of picture, Besseghier looks forward to taking on Amodio
    Posted 4/14/14 by Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/04/14/72020828
    That's a nice interview. I'm super impressed with what Chafik has been able to achieve considering how late he started skating, and while he'll never have the best basics, I like that he's ambitious and trying to do his own thing choreo-wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I think I saw that - he also mentioned not wanting to do shows for too long, because he figures that if he wants to coach it's not a good idea to be away from competitive skating for too long. Sounds like he has the whole coaching thing pretty well planned, I hope it works out for him.
    We can't fault Brian for being inconsistent in his statements, he's been saying the pairs thing for a long time, the ridiculous part of it being that he never moved away from France to further his singles career and he doesn't like living abroad, so what are the odds of that happening now? Besides pairs is really tough and he is not a spring chicken, I'm afraid it could lead to some nasty injury, something he hasn't had so far. Long story short, I think it's a bad idea.

Chafik is a nice fellow, I hope he continues on a good path.

vCash
    who is valentina
    i'm new here

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Valentina Marchei, who competes in singles for Italy and trains in Detroit. She and Joubert used to be a couple. She's now engaged to Rockne Brubaker, who's skated Pairs for the US, but presumably is retired, as he's taken a director position at a rink in (or near) Chicago. (See below: I got this so wrong.)
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 04-15-2014 at 07:44 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolas23 View Post
    who is valentina
    i'm new here
    kirkbiggestfan was referring to Valentina Marchei,

vCash
    thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    We can't fault Brian for being inconsistent in his statements, he's been saying the pairs thing for a long time, the ridiculous part of it being that he never moved away from France to further his singles career and he doesn't like living abroad, so what are the odds of that happening now? Besides pairs is really tough and he is not a spring chicken, I'm afraid it could lead to some nasty injury, something he hasn't had so far. Long story short, I think it's a bad idea.
    I don't see it happening, either, though I understand his wanting some actual experience if he's to coach any aspiring pairs skaters in the future.

Maybe Joubert should shadow Ingo Steuer, if Savchenko/Massot end up skating for France (too many strong personalities for it to ever happen, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Valentina Marchei, who competes in singles for Italy and trains in Detroit. She and Joubert used to be a couple. She's now engaged to Rockne Brubaker, who's skated Pairs for the US, but presumably is retired, as he's taken a director position at a rink in (or near) Chicago.
    That'll be news to Stefania Berton (and Rockne himself ).

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast