Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    video of yannick bonheur and annette dytrt in some mexican ice show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AnK8YIvf8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I imagine she will have her citizenship in time for the Olympics, as was done with Vanessa James pre-Vancouver. Popova and Massot have been skating together since 2011, and by Sochi they'll have been a pair longer than James and Bonheur were when they represented France in 2010.
    Well, I wouldn't be so sure.
    It was much harder than you think to get Vanessa James her french citizenship.
    She faced a lot of rejection decisions.
    But she got it in time because Gailhaguet litteraly harrassed the french government at a time when 1░ his side of the political spectrum was in power and 2░ the french president was a total fan of sport and was willing to intervene/ ease things in that domain (the average president/politician doesn't really care much).
    And despite this very favorable background, it took a lot of time and tries to get Vanessa a speeded up naturalization.
    I don't see him putting the same weight behind Popova. Gailhaguet choses his battles carefully.
    And, if he actually did, I wouldn't expect any help from the current governement, hence no pass with the administration.

vCash
    Morgan Cipres just had surgery today on his right wrist. James-Cipres won't be at the French masters or Skate America. They are still aiming to go to TEB.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...-platre/400716

He injured his wrist during a training camp at La Roche sur Yon, and has been in pain when he tried lifts or throws with Vanessa. The surgery revealed that he had a torn tendon.
    They don't know how long the recovery will be. It may take 4 to 5 weeks to recover from this. He is in a cast right now.
    Last edited by kirkbiggestfan; 09-13-2013 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Morgan Cipres just had surgery today on his right wrist. James-Cipres won't be at the French masters or Skate America. They are still aiming to go to TEB.
    I hope he'll recover quickly and that they'll be in good form by the time of the Olympics. Vanessa is pretty tall for pairs, so some elements are bound to be more challenging; I hope they'll be careful with his rehab and return to training.

vCash
    And Amodio has a new coach: Shanetta Folle!!!

http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...a-folle/400742

He will stay in Paris and still train with Katia Krier. Folle will come to Paris from time to time!

vCash
    I hope CiprÚs and James can comeback fast and healthy. They are a wonderful pair.

vCash
    Folle steps in as Amodio's new coach at Bercy
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/...coach-at-bercy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post

http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...-platre/400716

He injured his wrist during a training camp at La Roche sur Yon, and has been in pain when he tried lifts or throws with Vanessa. The surgery revealed that he had a torn tendon.
    They don't know how long the recovery will be. It may take 4 to 5 weeks to recover from this. He is in a cast right now.
    Jesus, I can't cheer for anyone they drop like pigeons! I hope he gets better soon.

But I'm at this piece of news Joubert returns to his roots, expected but how is traveling 170km every day a good thing? It's not my body but still... Maybe the snakes got depressed when he was away...
    Last edited by joeperryfan; 09-15-2013 at 11:42 AM.

vCash
    Here's the LMDJ report on the L'Equipe update re Joubert.

I think that Joubert always intended to go back to Poitiers once the rink renovation was over, with Paris being only a temporary stop. I guess that if it's on schedule for later this month, it should be okay - just a couple more weeks of travel on a daily basis. If it's going to be delayed (wasn't the estimate later this fall?) or if he'll be returning to Poitiers with no coach, then he really should have stayed in Paris.

vCash

I think that Joubert always intended to go back to Poitiers once the rink renovation was over, with Paris being only a temporary stop. I guess that if it's on schedule for later this month, it should be okay - just a couple more weeks of travel on a daily basis. If it's going to be delayed (wasn't the estimate later this fall?) or if he'll be returning to Poitiers with no coach, then he really should have stayed in Paris.
    Yes, Brian Joubert told me already in May that he plans to go back to Veronique Guyon (and Poitiers) this fall. He probably wanted to make the move when the rink reopens, but maybe he wanted to avoid training alongside Florent Amodio, who knows. He could rent an apartment or even stay in a hotel closer to the other rink during the week if he doesn't want to commute until Poitiers is ready.

vCash

Oh, I misread it, apparently he is only traveling to Roche-sur-Yon while the rink in Poitiers isn't finished, that's better! But I agree with you, if he finds himself coachless in Poitiers then it's a bad decision. The rink is supposed to be ready in late September, the initial schedule was later but they sped things up for Brian (supposedly). For a while I think he considered staying in Paris , or maybe I just like to think so, but with Florent training there now I'm not one bit surprised that was completely put off the table, I'm just sorry he got the short end of that stick, even if he doesn't think so.

vCash
    The French Fed issued a press release to say that James/Cipres should still be able to skate at the Masters and Skate America. He is back in training but won't do lifts right now. (You cannot take a press release from the French Fed for granted. There is always a hidden agenda. They probably did not like the article from L'equipe last week...)

http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/...au_Poignet.pdf

vCash
    Thanks for the info. on the French Team (didn't even know they were injured)!

I'll never forget seeing them skate *live* for the first time at Skate America last year, and OMG they are a powerful team. They easily surpassed my faves Donlan & Speroff, and rightfully so, they are consistent and powerful in the same vein of Castelli & Schnapir and Denney & Coughlin. Jmho.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    With an Olympic spot on the line, how likely would it be for them to contradict their Fed? If this is just part of a FF agenda, then the chances of them being pulled in time to appoint an alternate is slim.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I seriously doubt if he had surgery for a torn tendon and he's in a cast that they will be competing in less than a month. Either the first report was wrong in regards to his injury or the French Fed is delusional, either is possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    With an Olympic spot on the line, how likely would it be for them to contradict their Fed? If this is just part of a FF agenda, then the chances of them being pulled in time to appoint an alternate is slim.
    I don't think there's truly a spot on the line here. France has two pairs spots for Sochi to begin with, and J/C are so clearly the top pair that they will be sent regardless of what they do in the coming months.

It's a wonder that the French skaters can get anything done considering how meddlesome (and sometimes counterproductive) the FFSG can be.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't think there's truly a spot on the line here. France has two pairs spots for Sochi to begin with, and J/C are so clearly the top pair that they will be sent regardless of what they do in the coming months.
    I would put nothing past Didier. He's tried to ruin far better.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Does anybody know how many citizenships Vanessa James has?

Canadian, British and French for sure. She grew up in Virgina, does she have american citizenship?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Does anybody know how many citizenships Vanessa James has?

Canadian, British and French for sure. She grew up in Virgina, does she have american citizenship?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanessa_James

Wikipedia says she competed domestically in the US - i don't know if that means she had citizenship or not.

vCash
    She skated at the Liberty summer competition at least once. That does definitely not require US citizenship.

For that matter, Daniel Samohin, who is skating on the JGP for Israel, and who was born in Tel Aviv, Israel, skated at US Nationals last year in Novice. His brother who also is planning to compete for Israel, was born in Russia and skated in Russian internal competitions for a while. Only if Samarin's mother is American, would he have American citizenship. His father is Russian, & I believe Irina Samohin, mother of both boys, is also Russian.

Daniel is Israeli-born & is not yet old enough to become a US citizen on his own hook. So no, it does not require US citizenship to skate in US domestic competitions, at least up to the Novice level.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast