Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

vCash
    Thanks, skatak. I've bumped up the relevant GSD thread and copied over your post: Gwendal Peizerat running for prez French Fed
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

vCash
    MarieM posted in the Russian news thread that Romain "Haguenauer is also leaving France for Canada" - is it known where in Canada he will be coaching?

Also from the Russian news thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    James-Cipres posted this on facebook: "Russia - new beginning"
    I have no clue if they are moving there for a camp/choreography/or to train there.
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    They are with Mozer.
    Here is their photo with [Stanislav] Morozov: http://instagram.com/p/p4H5AJG7cO/

Mozer mentioned them coming to work with her group in one of the recent interviews. But I don't if it's for the whole season or for the summer.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Hard to imagine anywhere but with Dubreuil/Lauzon, since they trained with Zazoui and Haguenauer last, and they've got a growing rink.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    hagenauer is leaving zazoui?
    when did this happen? what have i missed

vCash
    I think all promising french coach are leaving because Didier got reelected. And that's just the beginning.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Would Zazoui and Schoenfelder ever consider leaving France? Is the company for which Schoenfelder's wife works a multi-national, where she could get a transfer were they to leave?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Don't know but if you want to suceed, either you play by his rules and bow down (and let him tear all the clubs apart, making sure NO promising skater can rise to the top) or you're toast. Take your pick.

vCash
    The most important question, does this mean more Olivier Schoenfelder sightings in the Kiss and Cry???

vCash
    Confirming kwanfan1818's post #444 above - this was posted on International Figure Skating's FB page today: http://www.Facebook.com/permalink.ph...d=278550292537
    Canada is about to get another elite level ice dance coach. Romain Haguenauer is leaving Lyon and moving to Montréal to work with Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon.
    ETA that the following was posted on 6/24/14 in the Canadian Pairs news thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    I was just snooping around on Facebook and Twitter and it would seem that Wesley [Killing] finally has a partner now as well...Flora LeBlanc from France. She has no pairs experience from what I could tell, but it sounds like she is making the move to Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Flora has some pair experience. Here is a video with Florian Lejeune. She was training in Caen, but the pair center is closing there. She could not find a tall partner in France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlaBaZ2n_Rw
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-09-2014 at 05:42 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Zazoui must be wondering who she was in another life to deserve this.

vCash
    Sad for Lyon and Zazoui, but she saw it coming. It's been an open war between Didier and Lyon for a long time. There is such a long history of ice-dancing in Lyon that they will bounce back one way or another. There are a lot of junior ice-dancers in France and foreign dancers would be very smart to go there for full attention.

Montreal is the perfect place to build a new ice-dance center powerhouse. There are dance studios at every corner and a crazy cultural life there. I actually think that Dubreuil is the perfect mentor for Papadakis. She was a confident woman out there and that is where Gabriella needs to improve. We all thought that P/C would go to Igor and Fabian, but Romain will make the transition easier for them.

vCash
    Good luck to them it's going to be an exciting year

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Really excited about Papadakis/Cizeron going to Dubreuil/Lauzon, sounds like the perfect move for them.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I am really exited Romain Haguenauer left for a better place to become what he could become in ice dance, a very powerfull coach I hope. And doing that with Marie & Patch is so great
    I wish he had followed Pascale when he was offered to.

vCash
    Does anyone know who will be coaching Zahorski/Guereiro???

Any information at all??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Does anyone know who will be coaching Zahorski/Guereiro???

Any information at all??
    Looks like they were in the Zhulin group. No official word yet, but there are great sources on this forum that will confirm when the time is right

vCash
    They are in Zhulin's group for now, that's all I can tell

vCash
    I love that Dubreuil/Lauzon are establishing themselves as the go-to option for the voidy Euro segment.

Yretha Silete is listed for the Lyon Summer Cup next week

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast