Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    P&B's SD is fab. The FD looked messy (the second half in particular), but it's early days yet. I do wish they'd pick either Sympathy for the Devil or Start Me Up and stick to it, because those ~10 seconds of Sympathy for the Devil sounded *very* random. I think I prefer Sympathy, but that might be because it's my favourite Stones song.
    As usual I find their SDs superior to their FDs. One of my biggest problems with their FD is the soundtrack. I also find it both and that they chose to end their FD with Start Me Up. The way the music relates (or rather doesn't relate) to their movements makes it seem as if it's just background noise.

I still think they'll skate it well by Worlds and the strength of their SD will help them.

vCash
    Check out their exhibition on YT to The Doors People are strange

http://youtu.be/79g_t8XfKxw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    You think Annick Dumont is a strong woman ? More than Veronique Guyon ?
    They both appear to be strong women

I always love seeing Annick's reactions at the kiss and cry ... and her commentary for France Television is quite good also ... she's v. supportive of the skaters and always shouts "ALLEZ, BRIAN" ... "ALLEZ, VANESSA", "ALLEZ ALLEZ"

And the cameraman always seems to love her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    They both appear to be strong women

I always love seeing Annick's reactions at the kiss and cry ... and her commentary for France Television is quite good also ... she's v. supportive of the skaters and always shouts "ALLEZ, BRIAN" ... "ALLEZ, VANESSA", "ALLEZ ALLEZ"

And the cameraman always seems to love her.
    But that doesn't mean she is near the skaters during their preparation, and that doesn't mean she is able to find the best in each skater, or doing the best choices for them. Really, Veronique Guyon was the only one who tried to kick Brian's ass.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Really, Veronique Guyon was the only one who tried to kick Brian's ass.
    ^^ That. And he really needs some serious to work properly and sometimes just to work. Guyon feared no one and wasn't close to anyone in particular at FFSG, so she had her hands free (as much as you can have your hands free with FFSG, that is !) She is a strong opinionated woman and so is Dumont. What happen behind closed doors must sometimes be epic !
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Who choreographed Brown's program?

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    As usual I find their SDs superior to their FDs. One of my biggest problems with their FD is the soundtrack. I also find it both and that they chose to end their FD with Start Me Up. The way the music relates (or rather doesn't relate) to their movements makes it seem as if it's just background noise.

I still think they'll skate it well by Worlds and the strength of their SD will help them.
    I usually love their FDs too (ok, not the one from last year, but anyone doing Walk Like An Egyptian-arms to middle eastern music grates on my nerves like nails against a blackboard), but I'm not convinced by the final music cuts. I found Start Me Up at the end a little odd too, but I'm going to take it on good faith it's on purpose.

Also, I don't know who did that People are Strange cover, but it sure wasn't the The Door's original.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    Also, I don't know who did that People are Strange cover, but it sure wasn't the The Door's original.
    I think it's Jimmy Somerville's cover.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash

Wink

P/B's SD is amazing.
    simply a masterpiece.
    It can and will compete with any other SD. Second to none , I doubt that any other pair can/will do a better job.
    As for the FD - not perfect (yet) , but we need to see how the judges will look at it.
    The music transitions are working, they are not bad at all, the chemistry will come, and it will be perfect, we can trust them....
    Good luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by weir1 View Post
    P/B's SD is amazing.
    simply a masterpiece.
    It can and will compete with any other SD. Second to none , I doubt that any other pair can/will do a better job.
    As for the FD - not perfect (yet) , but we need to see how the judges will look at it.
    The music transitions are working, they are not bad at all, the chemistry will come, and it will be perfect, we can trust them....
    Good luck
    I agree with all of this .

At the end of the short dance I thought maybe they had run out of steam a little as the music seemed to be running ahead of them but I'm sure with practice that will come.
    It sure is original and very exciting .

vCash
    F/B's SD reminds me of Delsheos's OD in Vancouver! I love this quality of F/B One thing you can always rely on F/B with is that they keep making things interesting and original!

vCash
    Heh. Fabian/Bourzat is indeed a charmer.

vCash
    Watching this SD compared to their FD feels like I am watching different skaters. It's fabulous. I wish Natalie had a bit more extension and flexibility in her kicks and legs but I'm being nit picky. It seems nobody is supportive of their FD this year. I think they should scrap it and start anew. I know it's risky but I think it needs to be done. Weaver and Poje have a pretty great and mature FD and it can challenge them. P and B are IMO better skaters still but that FD is just not good. If I were the, I would bring back Chaplin or do a blues number and try and keep as much of the Rolling Stones choreography as they can. This FD is beneath them and I think no where near as good as their last two programmes.

vCash
    Once again I'm in opposite land, as I actually don't hate the FD completely, but I do find the SD disappointing. The slow can-can music for the Polka compulsory is just odd, and the way the music finally speeds up only to end a few seconds later is anti-climactic. Also, the moves at the end have no power or impact. Meh.

I was expecting to despise the FD, but the first section is actually surprisingly good, as they move out with crispness and power and really seem into the music. The exit to the first rotational lift was as secure and snappy as I've seen them do, and the footwork sequences are incredibly fluid and smooth. It's just the rest of the program that isn't there yet. A music reedit is definitely needed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    I was expecting to despise the FD, but the first section is actually surprisingly good, as they move out with crispness and power and really seem into the music. The exit to the first rotational lift was as secure and snappy as I've seen them do, and the footwork sequences are incredibly fluid and smooth. It's just the rest of the program that isn't there yet. A music reedit is definitely needed.
    That first rotational is great and reminds me of a V/M lift
    Angie section is fab as I said before last section is poor but that could just have been because of the mistake and so lost the flow.
    I love the dance it's going to get better

Going back to an old programme say CC is a bad idea it was never .successful for skaters in the past eg D/V .

vCash
    Once again I'm in opposite land, as I actually don't hate the FD completely, but I do find the SD disappointing. The slow can-can music for the Polka compulsory is just odd, and the way the music finally speeds up only to end a few seconds later is anti-climactic. Also, the moves at the end have no power or impact. Meh.
    I thought the can-can part was weirdly slow and that the program ended abruptly too. But after I read the rave reviews, I figured I was crazy.

YEAH!
    vCash
    A music reedit is definitely needed.
    Why is it that this never happens when people actually want it? Remember how everyone loved their Time FD originally, and then it was re-cut to add RFAD? I can think of examples like that, but none where people actually wanted the music re-cut and it was!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Why is it that this never happens when people actually want it? Remember how everyone loved their Time FD originally, and then it was re-cut to add RFAD? I can think of examples like that, but none where people actually wanted the music re-cut and it was!
    Please, don't remind me this awful part of figure skating history !
    I loved, really really loved their first programme to Time. Why did they recut it ???

vCash
    Oops...just saw the autocorrect mistake in my previous post. I meant who choreographed Brian's program?

vCash
    Denkova / Staviski if I'm not mistaken.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast