Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    vCash
    I would love nothing more than to have a night out on the town with Nathalie, she would be by far the most fun. I think she was kind of a biatch for saying that. Whatever it is she was trying to say. But I still love her. I'm sure all the figure skating gays do, too.

Maybe she was trying to promote "Blades of Glory" same sex pairs couples as part of a secret support for Ashley Wagner's homosexual revolution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Could les voiles be illusion fabric?
    Brilliant suggestion!

It got me to do a little more research via www.google.fr.

"Le voile," in this particular context is most likely "le voile de tissus," which is a very lightweight fabric that can be used for linings and lingerie.

http://www.etissus.com/148-voile-de-tissus

Nathalie, you've got some 'splainin' to do.

vCash
    How would you call what Marina Klimova is wearing in her Olympic free dance?
    http://www.klimova-ponomarenko.com/
    I guess that is what she is referring to for a "voile"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    ^It's very... jumbled.
    I think Nathalie is making that up as she goes. It doesn't look like she had decided what to say before starting to talk, IMO nor did she realize what she had said once she had finished.

Fabian, OTOH, seems overly annoyed about the perception of all figure skaters being gay and sounds a bit too defensive. What's the matter Fabian, do the alpha males of hockey make fun of you?

vCash
    http://www.cergy-patinage.com/saison...cheCarilis.pdf
    Look who is listed to skate at a show in France this week: Alexis Miart and his new partner Kavita Lorenz
    He was 4th at junior worlds with Zahorski 3 years ago. She skated with Ukrainian dancer Evgeni Kholoniuk and they were 3rd at German Nationals last year.

The other big news is that Gwendal Peizerat is running to be the next president of the French Federation. He already has a lot of support from many coaches/athletes on the facebook page he created. Will he have the support from the skating clubs heads? Last time Didier G won by a huge margin. We don't know yet if Didier will run again.
    Last edited by kirkbiggestfan; 03-17-2014 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Go Gwendal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Go Gwendal
    I second that!! I so hope he gets elected!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    http://www.cergy-patinage.com/saison...cheCarilis.pdf
    Look who is listed to skate at a show in France this week: Alexis Miart and his new partner Kavita Lorenz
    He was 4th at junior worlds with Zahorski 3 years ago. She skated with Ukrainian dancer Evgeni Kholoniuk and they were 3rd at German Nationals last year.
    is this a real partnership or just for the show? i thought miart was tired of skating and lacking attitude or am i wrong. it was a shame zahorski/miart split ways. both are damn hell talented.

it woudl be great for kavita lorenz, as she is very promising too. didn't know why the partnership with kholoniuk didn't work out, but in the right hands, i think, she might be quite good.

if they're going to be a competitve couple, anyone can confirm this and tell for which country? france, germany, azerbaidjan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    is this a real partnership or just for the show? i thought miart was tired of skating and lacking attitude or am i wrong. it was a shame zahorski/miart split ways. both are damn hell talented.

it woudl be great for kavita lorenz, as she is very promising too. didn't know why the partnership with kholoniuk didn't work out, but in the right hands, i think, she might be quite good.

if they're going to be a competitve couple, anyone can confirm this and tell for which country? france, germany, azerbaidjan?
    He was tweeting a couple of weeks ago about training in Detroit, & I doubt they'd go to all the effort of getting there just to train for a show, but who knows? Has Lorenz been competing internationally recently? Miart last competed in 2012 at Europeans so he'd be free to change countries now I think.

vCash

Considering it's Miart they'll probably skate for Neverland...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    Considering it's Miart they'll probably skate for Neverland...
    hahaha.
    at least he has crush on redheads

i think lorenz didn't compete internatioally in the last 2 years.

vCash
    Let's see if they even get to the point of representing anyone. With Alexis Miart you never know how long this sort of commitment will last...

Tiffany really deserves a good partner.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    New interview with Péchalat and Bourzat before Worlds by Jean-Christophe Berlot
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...ead-for-worlds
    Excerpt:
    Icenetwork: At the beginning and throughout the season, you stated clearly that you would not go to Saitama and would end your career right away after Sochi. What made you and Fabian change your minds?

Péchalat: That's right. We changed our mind because Igor told us that we were ready to go and that it would be a nice way for us to end our career with an additional world medal. (Péchalat and Bourzat won the bronze medal at the world championships in Nice in 2012.) The fact that these Championships are held in Japan has motivated us tremendously. We have always felt warmly supported by the Japanese audience. We have been many times to Japan to skate shows. We felt that skating in Saitama would be a great way for us to thank our Japanese skating fans and wish them goodbye -- at least on competitive ice.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    New interview with Péchalat and Bourzat before Worlds by Jean-Christophe Berlot
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...ead-for-worlds
    Excerpt:
    I noticed this:
    The Art on Ice tour was over anyway, so we were available. Also, during the tour, we were [in] a small team of skaters to practice for Saitama. Florent Amodio, our friend from the French team, and the German pairs skaters (Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy), were doing the same. We skated some extra sessions on the ice to prepare ourselves while performing in the evenings.
    I wonder how seriously they were practicing? It could have been interesting to watch this practice group I hope they'll all have a better experience in Saitama than they did in Sochi.

In other French news, it looks like Yretha Silete was in a show in Guadeloupe this past weekend. I wonder if this means that she's getting closer to returning to competition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Go Gwendal
    I second this too!!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Tweeted by @LynnRutherford:
    French federation has announced Florent Amodio will not compete at the '14 World Figure Skating Championships in Japan next week.

In a federation release, Amodio said: "After my disappointment at the Olys I have to gain confidence . . . This is a season to forget."
    ETA French article: http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/sports-d-...alvaire-685961
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-22-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Wow.... so who's left?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    No one. The deadline's past for entering entries and substitutes, and there aren't any other French Men with the Worlds TES minimums, except Ponsart, from last season.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Tweeted by @LynnRutherford:
    French federation has announced Florent Amodio will not compete at the '14 World Figure Skating Championships in Japan next week.

In a federation release, Amodio said: "After my disappointment at the Olys I have to gain confidence . . . This is a season to forget."
    ETA French article: http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/sports-d-...alvaire-685961
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Wow.... so who's left?
    Chafik Bessghier, so France will be down to one man next year. They had no substitutes, Ponsart is I think recovering from an injury (and probably didn't have the TES minimum) and Joubert of course is done.

I don't know what kind of shape Amodio is in, but it seems to me like a decent performance at Worlds would have helped him more going into the future than thinking about everything that went wrong the entire off-season. But then, maybe he's in no shape to have a decent performance at Worlds.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I meant no one left to substitute. Besseghier was listed originally and is still in. He must have passed his test skate at Challenge Cup, where he had a SP.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast