Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    A LOT of articles in the French newspapers today about the bad results at Euros. Don't have the time to translate all but there is drama, tension, egos, ...it makes the Japanese and US drama lame compared to what's going on in France.
    Here are my favorite quotes:
    Amodio: "I did not feel like I was the number 1 French skater at this competition. I did not feel like I was backed by a strong team behind me. I did not feel like I was a French athlete that can shine at the Olympic games. I simply did not feel like a star. "
    Gailhaguet: "Morozov is Machiavel." (Brian wanted to work with Morozov at the beginning of the season, but Morozov declined because he had Florent. We all now know why Morovov called Brian....to get back at Florent)
    Joubert: After I left Bercy (the training center in Paris), I felt like a plague victim. He felt rejected by the younger generation of French skaters. Something happened at a show in Courchevel when Florent asked the younger skaters to join him to the ice at the end of the show. Apparently, he did not ask Brian and the older ice dance teams (Pernelle/Lloyd - Nathalie/Fabian) to join them.
    Thanks. Do you have links to the articles? Would like to read some of this drama myself

vCash
    Yes Didier needs to be sacked. But Florent is such an egotistical dweeb..

YEAH!
    vCash
    So Brian was dissed by Florent for being an old fart, and Florent wasn't treated like the STAH he is, and Morozov got back at him by helping Brian finish a commanding 8th.

vCash
    Just to add. As bad as things are in the French fed - there were some fantastic performances this week.

James and Cipres just need to pay Wilson for some decent programs and they can win world medals in 2015. LOVED them, he really has come one SO much to the point he is now almost better than her. For someone who was a singles skater up until 3 years ago

Meite improved 10 fold from last year. She has huge technical potential, can put a 3 toe on anything and has ALL the triple jumps. Her packaging was much better this year.

Brian, well, it was a pleasure. really enjoyed his free and sad to say that was his last Europeans. It truly is a shame how COP is not his friend.

AModio is ruined by his own ego and Morozov's inability to differentiate his coaching strategy to meet the needs of his students. His one approach fits all does not always work and Amodio is a prime example.

The Dance results were VERY disappointing.

vCash
    I really don't know what Morozov was thinking forcing new program(s) onto Brian. That tango SP was wonderful, well-conceived and well-received by even those who had never been Joubert fans. Brian already had such a late start to the season and only competed that program twice, adding another program to get used to really wasn't a great idea. At least he had the sense to refuse changing the FS as well.

As for Euros, Joubert really didn't do too badly. He made some jump mistakes in the short but was quite decent in the long and could have contended for the podium had he not been so far behind in the SP.

vCash
    Here are some articles:
    They are washing their dirty laundry in public. They usually wait for the Olympic games to do that. But this time it exploded earlier.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/info/56548...rale-negative/
    http://www.bfmtv.com/sport/amodio-c-...ur-690084.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So Brian was dissed by Florent for being an old fart, and Florent wasn't treated like the STAH he is, and Morozov got back at him by helping Brian finish a commanding 8th.
    Only in France. They are all such drama queens.

I still love Amodio's skating skills and try to overlook his unpleasant personality. Can someone please slap him from me and tell him to grow up?

vCash

vCash
    Did they officially name P/J to the Olympic team instead of Papadakis/Cizeron yet?

vCash
    Papadakis and Cizeron were never even considered. They are not doing what DG wants so they would never have been chosen, had they come first in the europeans.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    OH ... I always thought Brian and Florent got along very well? I remember the year when Florent won the Europeans, Brian and Florent were hugging each other and stuff ....

Anyway, yeah, Morozov is a monster. Glad that Brian is sticking to his free programme at least (which ain't too bad actually). An interesting question is how the French federation can have any faith in Florent as far as the team competition is concerned ... this guy needs time to sort his head out (I hope he can)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Papadakis and Cizeron were never even considered. They are not doing what DG wants so they would never have been chosen, had they come first in the europeans.
    What does DG want for them ?

vCash
    That they move ASAP from Lyon to either Igor or Igor. -it is an asumption on my part, I have no clue of who DG think is the best ice dance choice, but since he sent everyone to Igor this year...

vCash
    That they move ASAP from Lyon to either Igor or Igor. -it is an asumption on my part, I have no clue of who DG think is the best ice dance choice, but since he sent everyone to Igor this year...
    I almost hate to say this - but Im not sure that would be such a bad idea for P/C. They have loads of talent and potential - you can just see it in them. But they have been very inconsistent and - I have to say it, sorry - not that good - most of this season.

They really need a coach who can help them technically to get it together - and Igor has a proven track record there. [Altho Ive been hoping Sin/Zhig would be the ones to go to him, so....... ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post

They really need a coach who can help them technically to get it together - and Igor has a proven track record there. [Altho Ive been hoping Sin/Zhig would be the ones to go to him, so....... ]
    I really like them they have their own style especially him.But they need how can I say this controlling.They are very fast but they look untidy and out of control .So yes Igor could help them technically .

Are they going to world's ? if so I hope they have better skates.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    IMHO it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. As long as the skaters agree of course.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    IMHO it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. As long as the skaters agree of course.
    Oh, I would DIE if I saw those two DIVA-STARS skating to Shpilya's latina
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Apparently Amodio and Joubert spoke on the phone to clear things up. Or something.

Anyway, re P/C - two programs that really seem to be well-regarded by fans this season are Gilles/Poirier's Hitchcock and Hurtado/Diaz's Surviving Picasso. I think it's telling that neither team trains with any of the Detroit-based coaches. C/Z might be better off leaving Lyon, as P/B were a few years back, but I don't think Shpilband is the answer to everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Anyway, re P/C - two programs that really seem to be well-regarded by fans this season are Gilles/Poirier's Hitchcock and Hurtado/Diaz's Surviving Picasso. I think it's telling that neither team trains with any of the Detroit-based coaches. C/Z might be better off leaving Lyon, as P/B were a few years back, but I don't think Shpilband is the answer to everything.
    Thank you! Igor is a good technical coach but he isn't god, he'd probably squeeze anything remotely interesting out of P/C. I'd rather see them with Zhulin(would this even be possible post Sochi?), or maybe Platov, in short, someone who can give them the control they need without killing what makes them unique.

vCash
    I want them to go to Krylovan / Camerlengo. Only problem is that DG hates Pascale. And I bet Pascale doesn't want to get involved with the FFSG any time soon

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast