Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I think all the skaters who will be retiring post-Sochi should enjoy themselves on the ice in their final season.
    Absolument! Brian should push himself in his last season but also enjoy himself ...
    I somehow can't get over the fact that he's only a one-time World champion. In my humble opinion he is worthy of more world titles

vCash
    BTW, if memory serves, Yagudin has even skated to music that had already been used by Joubert
    Haven't found that music yet but I promise I'll keep digging for it.

Yags has been retired from competition for more than a decade, I think that's long enough to put his music back into circulation. Except for Winter, and I'd be shocked if anyone uses that, as it is truly a signature program.
    Even if a champion of figure skating hasn't been retired I wouldn't mind other skaters using his/her music. When people say of a skater that he/she owned a certain piece, they mean it figuratively, not literally I hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    Is Brian Joubert going for tango ?
    (not overly original for men, but surprising, coming from Joubert)
    On the local radio in Courchevel after the gala, Brian confirmed there was still lot of work on his SP, but he felt well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Haven't found that music yet but I promise I'll keep digging for it.
    I'm not sure I got that one right... though FWIW, Joubert may have beaten Yagudin to Hallelujah (which Yagudin & partner danced to on Bolero)

Any other French news? Does anyone know what sort of form Yretha Silete is in?

vCash
    Nothing yet on Yretha.
    But someone said on french forum that Amodio was in Lyon in July to work on his free program with the guys of the Compagnie Kafig who did Péchalat/Bourzat's Four Seasons, Madness, and their Alice vs Time program (the initial and little seen version, not the piece of crap it was made into).

vCash
    Nothing yet on Yretha.
    But someone said on french forum that Amodio was in Lyon in July to work on his free program with the guys of the Compagnie Kafig who did Péchalat/Bourzat's Four Seasons, Madness, and their Alice vs Time program (the initial and little seen version, not the piece of crap it was made into).
    I saw it! I definitely remember watching parts of the Masters online that season and liking it. I never understood why they were made to change to the program they did, which didn't suit them at all.

Actually I liked all those programs, and while I realize that's not what he'll use, I think their Four Seasons music is something that Amodio could do really well with.

vCash
    Nothing yet on Yretha.
    Is the Madness program the 07/08 FD? If not, which one is it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    Is the Madness program the 07/08 FD?
    Yes, it is. I wish they'd perform it again sometime, it was good to begin with and would be so at their current technical level.

vCash
    Yes, it is. I wish they'd perform it again sometime, it was good to begin with and would be so at their current technical level.
    Thanks! I had watched it a couple of days ago without knowing its name, when I saw it here I figured it had to be it, a good interpretation I guess!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    News of French skater Christopher Boyadji who is now partnering GBR skater Amani Fancy and for reasons explained in the interview, they aim to compete for Great Britain.

http://www.figureskating-online.com/fancy-boyadji.html
    They have their first competition at the end of the month IJS Sheffield http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/4075 nice to see 6 pairs teams skating here. Looks like he still might have trouble with the release as they are skating as guests.

vCash
    Any update on last year's news about the new French pair of Lubov Iliushechkina/Yannick Kocon? Did the Russian federation finally release her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Any update on last year's news about the new French pair of Lubov Iliushechkina/Yannick Kocon? Did the Russian federation finally release her?
    They split months ago.

vCash
    Thanks. Is Iliuschechkina back in Russia, hoping to find a partner there? Or...Is she still hoping to skate for France or another country? Did she just quit skating altogether? Maybe the news was buried in a long-ago thread but I'm hoping for the Digest Edition. Even Wikipedia has no update, the partnership with Kocon being the most recent 'news' and that was in May 2012.

vCash
    Thanks. Is Iliuschechkina back in Russia, hoping to find a partner there? Or...Is she still hoping to skate for France or another country? Did she just quit skating altogether? Maybe the news was buried in a long-ago thread but I'm hoping for the Digest Edition. Even Wikipedia has no update, the partnership with Kocon being the most recent 'news' and that was in May 2012.
    Her bio on IPS was updated 3 months ago. http://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4426

vCash
    I edit on Wikipedia, including skating entries - you can't (shouldn't) do updates there unless there's a reliable source to cite (IPS doesn't count, it's not really a news source).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Her bio on IPS was updated 3 months ago. http://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4426
    Excellent. Just what I needed. Thanks, kirkbiggestfan. So it looks like James/C and Popova/M will have no real competition for hose two Olympic Pairs berths for France.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    They have their first competition at the end of the month IJS Sheffield http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/4075 nice to see 6 pairs teams skating here. Looks like he still might have trouble with the release as they are skating as guests.
    Why would he have said in the interview linked that he had received his release the week before if there were issues with it?
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Excellent. Just what I needed. Thanks, kirkbiggestfan. So it looks like James/C and Popova/M will have no real competition for hose two Olympic Pairs berths for France.
    Does Daria Popova hold French citizenship, though? She hasn't been in France for so long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Does Daria Popova hold French citizenship, though? She hasn't been in France for so long.
    I imagine she will have her citizenship in time for the Olympics, as was done with Vanessa James pre-Vancouver. Popova and Massot have been skating together since 2011, and by Sochi they'll have been a pair longer than James and Bonheur were when they represented France in 2010.

vCash
    I'm not sure I got that one right... though FWIW, Joubert may have beaten Yagudin to Hallelujah (which Yagudin & partner danced to on Bolero)

Any other French news? Does anyone know what sort of form Yretha Silete is in?

Yes! When I read your previous post, I thought that you might be talking about Hallelujah. I think Joubert certainly can use any music and any moves that happen to be used by Yagudin, I never think they are the same kind of skaters.

Joubert's Hallelujah, one of the few Joubert's programs I liked. Did he beat Yagudin on that move at the beginning of his program?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APFQZ1yjxPM

Yagudin never skated to Hallelujah, he danced to it on the floor would have been more accurate. It's his dance with partner program. Another version of Hallelujah. Not very sure if he or his partner decided to use that piece of music.

I liked this dance too. The theme is actually from a German movie.
    Kristina Kretova and Alexei Yagudin "Hallelujah"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwYZikIjB-c

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast