Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    As Frank would say too many voices for Amodio. Be interesting to see how this works out for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanessa_James

Wikipedia says she competed domestically in the US - i don't know if that means she had citizenship or not.

Does she have to pay taxes to all those countries?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Does she have to pay taxes to all those countries?
    I guess that depends on the tax laws of each country. She certianly wouldn't have to pay UK tax unless she is resident in the UK and/or owns assets that generate income in the UK.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In general, people have to pay taxes where they are residents or where they earn money. The main exception is the US, which requires citizens to report worldwide income regardless of residence, although there are tax treaties with other countries and tax offsets so that the same income isn't taxed twice, once in the US and pnce in the country of residence.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_307134/con...tguid=YvEwzGXW

The latest update in the AP series following Amodio's preparation for the Olympic season, he talks a little bit more about his reasons for splitting with Morozov. Also, his free program will be Mack the Knife, La Vie en Rose and music from the band C2C.

vCash
    I can't wait to see P/B new programmes and P/C in the seniors .

vCash
    What is happening with Yretha Silete? Has she been out over a year? I just read that she is out of the GP....

Mai-Berenice really stepped up last year but I want to see Yretha again!!

vCash
    Ditto, I recall Yretha Silete's "Black Swan" like yesterday. The difference between and her countrywoman is like night & day. Silete is a powerful ballerina on ice, whereas Mai-Berenice is the total opposite.

Aha, here's Yretha's wikipedia page, it says she suffered an injury a year ago and is still recovering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yretha_Silete

vCash
    Oui, I miss Silete! Btw, how does one pronounce her first name?

vCash
    Ee-RAY-tah, I think.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting from the French Masters competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ns-October-3-5
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    L'Equipe is saying he will withdraw Joubert withdraws

I'm not surprised after seeing him in this interview Interview with Brian Joubert he looks really tired. He also says he is keeping Gladiator... If that's the case I hope they have given it a good refurb. Inception is a better program, but I always had the impression that he really wasn't into it.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    P/B did an interview with IDC that's worth checking out - about their programs and approach in general and a little bit about what they'll be doing this season.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Many thanks for the link!
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    P/B did an interview with IDC that's worth checking out - about their programs and approach in general and a little bit about what they'll be doing this season.
    Well, since we are talking about interviews with Nathalie, she also answered a few questions for me about funding in FS.

Which figure skater would make the best (real) bullfighter? - featuring bits of interviews with Nathalie Péchalat and Richard Dornbush

Btw, I'm planning to have more interviews on the site so if you want to keep up with it you can follow me on Twitter or on Facebook.

vCash
    Too bad Brian & Yretha are not competing at French Masters this week; those two are the only ones I was really interested in seeing at that competiton.

And I'm really feeling bad for Yretha after reading a post in the K&C forum saying she needed *another* operation on her knee. *cry* But thank goodness she's young enough (she's only 19) to compete in at least 2 more Olympics.

vCash
    And too bad that Brian is going back to "Gladiator" ... "Inception" had so much potential

oh well, whatever makes him happy at this stage of the career. perhaps he'll skate in the team event too? and make himself / his country proud

btw, I see that Candice Didier is listed as a participant at the French Masters. I am amazed that she's still continuing and hope that she

vCash
    Apparently FFSG is testing a new concept by allowing skaters to watch their elements on the big screen and contest the technical controller's call if they disagree with it. http://www.bfmtv.com/sport/patineurs...eo-616858.html They started this with Masters this weekend, but don't know whether it was used.

Video of men's FS from Masters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zgWB37DqM4 Amodio's skate starts at the 31 min mark. Rather a rough outing for him - it looked like he skipped one jump completely. The music selections for this program seem quite disjointed too... Also, for whatever reason Krier was the one with him in the kiss instead of his new coach. Hope his training situation stabilizes and his jumps improve. He was lucky to win this...he was actually second in the short behind Chafik Besseghier, who had to withdraw from the free program from a sprained ankle sustained in practice.
    Last edited by marysy; 10-06-2013 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    A LOT of articles in the French newspapers today about the bad results at Euros. Don't have the time to translate all but there is drama, tension, egos, ...it makes the Japanese and US drama lame compared to what's going on in France.
    Here are my favorite quotes:
    Amodio: "I did not feel like I was the number 1 French skater at this competition. I did not feel like I was backed by a strong team behind me. I did not feel like I was a French athlete that can shine at the Olympic games. I simply did not feel like a star. "
    Gailhaguet: "Morozov is Machiavel." (Brian wanted to work with Morozov at the beginning of the season, but Morozov declined because he had Florent. We all now know why Morovov called Brian....to get back at Florent)
    Joubert: After I left Bercy (the training center in Paris), I felt like a plague victim. He felt rejected by the younger generation of French skaters. Something happened at a show in Courchevel when Florent asked the younger skaters to join him to the ice at the end of the show. Apparently, he did not ask Brian and the older ice dance teams (Pernelle/Lloyd - Nathalie/Fabian) to join them.

vCash
    :

vCash
    It's worse than that actually.
    Didier made it : he created chaos. Now he'll have everything he wants, without a fight.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast