Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    I remember last year the French Federation set out its own technical minimums, including specified jump content for selection for Europeans and Worlds - I can't find a link for it after just a brief search, but I remember the demands being quite stringent and higher than the ISU TES minimum - it is possible that the same standards are in place this year & neither Romain or Chafik have met them? It's still a ridiculous choice, it's not like they have many men to choose from and need their own tech requirements to narrow the field...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    I remember last year the French Federation set out its own technical minimums, including specified jump content for selection for Europeans and Worlds - I can't find a link for it after just a brief search, but I remember the demands being quite stringent and higher than the ISU TES minimum - it is possible that the same standards are in place this year & neither Romain or Chafik have met them? It's still a ridiculous choice, it's not like they have many men to choose from and need their own tech requirements to narrow the field...
    You are absolutely right Morget.
    I went back to my notes.
    Chafik said at GP France that he had to achieve, I believe, 215.0 to make the World qualification set by France..and that his best to date had been 202.
    That will be the restriction on Ponsart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Yes they are an exciting couple.Apparently they are going to seniors next year .C/J are just not cutting it and are not improving IMO so P/C are just what the french team need.I really like S/B too who haven't decided whether to go to seniors or not yet . I liked their lines and personality especially him but their dances were not as interesting as P/C.
    Hoping for a great rivalry in the future from these two teams
    Have always loved french teams.Also great to see Zazoui back in the knc.
    Never felt about C/J that they would be world podium material but P/C look like champions in the making. At least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    You are absolutely right Morget.
    I went back to my notes.
    Chafik said at GP France that he had to achieve, I believe, 215.0 to make the World qualification set by France..and that his best to date had been 202.
    That will be the restriction on Ponsart.
    Didn't they set the bar a bit too high for Chafik and Ponsart? 215 points is quite a difficult task to accomplish by any of them. It rather feels like the Federation didn't actually want to send a third man to Worlds this season to begin with.

vCash
    [QUOTE=VarBar;3856025]Never felt about C/J that they would be world podium material but P/C look like champions in the making. At least to me.

I think they do too .They don't strike me as being polished or smooth but they have an edge to them exciting fast and dare I say a little rough around the edges like Denstas .Just my opinion of them .
    Whereas S/B are more smooth good lines but not as exciting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Didn't they set the bar a bit too high for Chafik and Ponsart? 215 points is quite a difficult task to accomplish by any of them. It rather feels like the Federation didn't actually want to send a third man to Worlds this season to begin with.
    Yeah. Look at the seasonal best scores http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/...13/sbtsmto.htm - 215 points is just outside the top 24.
    215 would have put Chafik in 6th place at Euros.

What is the use of getting a third spot if you are not going to use it? Even if they lose a spot they would still have 2 for Sochi - are they going to be any more lenient with Chafik/Romain next season? Otherwise they won't be going to Sochi even with a 3rd spot.

They should be more worried about ladies' spots. It seems they have more depth in ladies than in men right now.

vCash
    Here is the link to the French criteria selection
    ( I googled 215 and FFSG)

http://tinyurl.com/a7rjz9d

Minimums are on p.15

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    ^^^ Belated thanks for finding that link, Sedge!

Some photos from IFS' Facebook page:

French skaters, both visiting and resident, at Detroit SC before Worlds: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Fabian Bourzat, Nathalie Péchalat and Brian Joubert: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Alissa Czisny posing with Brian Joubert: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

(I've cross-posted a photo link in the Russian news thread.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    We almost had good news for French ice dancing. I say "almost" ... Zahorski / Miart had started to train together again.
    Sent to Milan to Barbara Poli-Fusar this week where everything went well, Miart just abandoned Tiffany once again, in the middle of the week’s training.
    Despite the fact that she had once again agreed to put her trust in him, and he had promised that his stupid behaviour was firmly behind him ...
    ....We applaud loudly
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    We almost had good news for French ice dancing. I say "almost" ... Zahorski / Miart had started to train together again.
    Sent to Milan to Barbara Poli-Fusar this week where everything went well, Miart just abandoned Tiffany once again, in the middle of the week’s training.
    Despite the fact that she had once again agreed to put her trust in him, and he had promised that his stupid behaviour was firmly behind him ...
    ....We applaud loudly

vCash
    ....We applaud loudly
    I feel so sorry for her! His behaviour has been appalling.

ETA: not that I expect them to carry on after this, but would he have even been eligible for competitions after taking part in that Dutch Skating with the Stars program earlier this year?

vCash
    ....We applaud loudly
    What a freaking donkey! Seriously, people change their minds all the time, but did he really have to be so unconsiderate in his behaviour?

vCash
    ....We applaud loudly
    oh no, this is so frustrating

i would a thousand times prefer to see zahorski/miart than papadikis/cizeron

this is just

vCash
    ....We applaud loudly
    I loved this pair and was wondering recently whether Tiffany had managed to find herself a new partner. Alexis is a talented and handsome guy and could have such a bright future in skating (if that's what he chooses to pursue). He seems to be in two minds as to his direction in life. I hope he's able to confide in someone he trusts and find a way forward.

vCash
    http://www.francetvsport.fr/tout-le-...3042013-147762

Amodio says in this report that he will be working with Lambiel & Yagudin as part of his preparation for next season. I know he has worked with Yagudin on jump technique before & he mentions in this interview working on choreography, so I guess that is where Lambiel's input will be.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    ....We applaud loudly
    Poor Tiffany.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    http://www.francetvsport.fr/tout-le-...3042013-147762

Amodio says in this report that he will be working with Lambiel & Yagudin as part of his preparation for next season. I know he has worked with Yagudin on jump technique before & he mentions in this interview working on choreography, so I guess that is where Lambiel's input will be.
    Maybe Morozov will let Lambiel choreograph one of Amodio's programs for the Olympic season? I can only hope.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Maé Bérénice Méité interview before World Team Trophy: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^Thanks Sylvia. I have been a fan of Mae's for awhile. Nice to see IN do a piece on her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Maybe Morozov will let Lambiel choreograph one of Amodio's programs for the Olympic season? I can only hope.
    I doubt he will. Look what happened to Takahashi's programs this season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Maé Bérénice Méité interview before World Team Trophy: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Merci!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast