Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The problem is not that there is possible constraints to Joubert's training, but the fact that he doesn't accept any solution proposed to him.
    For the rink in Poitier : he knew in advance that the rink would close, so he had to know that a back up solution would be needed. Either he could organise something with Guyon, or leave to some other place. He didn't organise anything with Guyon, he didn't anticipate a move to whatever place. So eventually he was asked to come to Paris to train in the national centers. He didn't like it and left. He was offered to skate abroad, he refused. What can be done for someone who doesn't seem to adapt to anything that is possible for him ? Apparently he wants to train with Guyon only. In that case he should have organised that option in advance.

As for the training in the USA, it might have not been the right solution for some skaters, but it happened to be the right solution for many other skaters. Options may work for some people and dysfonction for others, this is life and that doesn't mean that no one should try just because it happened not to be perfect for some people. All the big names in figure skating had to make a move or some sacrifices at some point in their career, this is part of the high level training, going where the experts are and try options that are not comfortable for what is usually a short period in a lifetime.

vCash
    The reports around the time of the closing of the Poitiers rink indicated that Joubert (or possibly, Maman Joubert) tried to find a nearby solution that would allow him to continue working with Guyon, but was unable to find one - but not for lack of trying. At which point he agreed to move to Paris, which I believe was suggested by the FFSG. This did not work out, and I understand why at this point in his career he doesn't want to make a major change that is by no means guaranteed to get him great results. Not everyone wants to pick up and move away for training and coaching; some skaters never left their childhood coaches and rinks, and managed just fine. Others needed multiple coaching changes to find the right fit. There are no guarantees, so skaters should decide based on whatever considerations they (and their federations, in some cases) deem appropriate. Note that Joubert first achieved senior success while training with Guyon in Poitiers, and won Worlds while training in Poitiers with Simond, who is hardly a big name coach.

Different athletes sacrifice different things for their careers: moving for training, postponing schooling, long-distance relationships, competing while ill or injured, putting off starting a family, etc. I don't think there's any point in judging skaters based on which of these sacrifices they are or aren't willing to make at different points in their careers. The results are what matters
    Last edited by Zemgirl; 01-17-2013 at 11:18 AM.

vCash
    Guyon accepted a coaching job in Cognac, but only for 2 days a week. Cognac is probably a 2 hour drive from Poitiers, so she is going to spend 8 hour a week in a car for that part-time job.
    Maybe that is what Joubert tried to negotiate...2 days with Guyon and the rest in Paris.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgosia View Post
    He was 11 months old then - i think he can barely remember that time
    Maybe he was an overprotected child as a result of his illness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Maybe he was an overprotected child as a result of his illness.
    Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't. We don't know and it's not relevant either.

vCash
    Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Nathalie Pechalat/Fabian Bourzat have withdrawn from Europeans. They have been removed from the entry list already. Apparently Fabian got injured. Further details should be available soon. This is too bad. :-(
    This is awful news! I hope it's not anything too serious... I'd really been looking forward to seeing them go for a third consecutive title.

I hope Carron/Jones can skate well enough to qualify two slots for next season.

vCash
    Such sad news. This is really dejectory. I too hope that it's not serious, and that they will be able to compete at Worlds, or, at least, that everything will be allright with Fabian.

Probably it's not good to speak about this now - still, on the one hand, it's an opportunity for either Bobrova/Soloviev, or Cappellini/Lanotte to become European champions. On the other hand, it most likely won't feel like such a big feat to them (especially, for Bobrova/Soloviev if they win) without Nathalie and Fabian there.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 01-17-2013 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Now there was a press release from the French Federation, and it is a rupture of the adductor in his right leg, suffered January 9. They hope to be ready for Worlds and Nathalie plans to attend Euros:

Press release:
    Dans le cadre de leur préparation intensive à Détroit (USA) pour les Championnats d’Europe qui débutent dans 6 jours à Zagreb, en Croatie, Fabian BOURZAT s’est blessé, le 9 janvier dernier, à la jambe droite et le diagnostic est le suivant : déchirure de l’adducteur. Il poursuivra ses séances de réathlétisation à Lyon, dès la semaine prochaine.

La participation des doubles champions d’Europe et médaillés de bronze aux Mondiaux 2012 à Nice, aux Championnats du Monde, qui se dérouleront des 13 au 17 mars prochains au Canada, n’est pas compromise. Leur détermination reste intacte.

La présence de Nathalie PECHALAT en capitaine de l’Equipe de France est prévue à Zagreb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Now there was a press release from the French Federation, and it is a rupture of the adductor in his right leg, suffered January 9. They hope to be ready for Worlds and Nathalie plans to attend Euros:

Press release:
    Dans le cadre de leur préparation intensive à Détroit (USA) pour les Championnats d’Europe qui débutent dans 6 jours à Zagreb, en Croatie, Fabian BOURZAT s’est blessé, le 9 janvier dernier, à la jambe droite et le diagnostic est le suivant : déchirure de l’adducteur. Il poursuivra ses séances de réathlétisation à Lyon, dès la semaine prochaine.

La participation des doubles champions d’Europe et médaillés de bronze aux Mondiaux 2012 à Nice, aux Championnats du Monde, qui se dérouleront des 13 au 17 mars prochains au Canada, n’est pas compromise. Leur détermination reste intacte.

La présence de Nathalie PECHALAT en capitaine de l’Equipe de France est prévue à Zagreb
    Thanks. Actually, "rupture" sounds quite bad (at least to an unknowing person like me), but if they hope to be ready for Worlds, then it's not so terrible. Good to know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I hope Carron/Jones can skate well enough to qualify two slots for next season.
    I don't think that should be a huge problem for them- here's the likely top 11 in order of their ISU SB. It is too bad that Papadakis/Cizeron can't compete here but I imagine its a lot to have all those different programs ready.

165.64 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
    161.34 Riazanova/Tkachenko RUS
    159.95 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
    158.46 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS
    147.47 Carron/Jones FRA
    142.96 Heekin-Canedy/Dun UKR
    141.22 Kolbe/Caruso GER
    140.54 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI GER
    140.30 Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV AZE
    137.58 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA
    126.66 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND GBR

vCash
    News article about Nathalie et Fabian: http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...forfait/343216

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I don't think that should be a huge problem for them- here's the likely top 11 in order of their ISU SB. It is too bad that Papadakis/Cizeron can't compete here but I imagine its a lot to have all those different programs ready.

147.47 Carron/Jones FRA
    Was it at NRW Trophy? I must say, I don't quite trust those results.

Also, I think Riazanova/Tkachenko's or any other team's results at the Golden Spin of Zagreb can't be trusted as something indicating to their possible marks at Euros. The results of ice dancers were obviously very much inflated there.

vCash
    Really bad news. P/B were my highlight at Europeans in the ice dance event.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Fabian's abductor to heal quickly and for him and Nathalie to come back strong for the World Championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thanks. Actually, "rupture" sounds quite bad (at least to an unknowing person like me), but if they hope to be ready for Worlds, then it's not so terrible. Good to know that.
    Actually 'déchirure' means torn muscle. so not that bad, even though still bad :-/

Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    News article about Nathalie et Fabian: http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...forfait/343216
    ETA : actually it's a 'partially torn muscle'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Translation

Péchalat-Bourzat withdraw
    Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat had to withdraw from the European Championships in Zagreb which will begin next Wednesday, due to an injury to an adductor for Fabian

Two times European Champions, the ice dancers Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat will not defend their title next week in Zagreb (23 to 26 January): this Thursday evening, the French Ice Sports Federation has announced, through a press release, that the French leaders had to withdraw

Nathalie was crying

On January 9, during a training session in Detroit, USA, Fabian Bourzat incured a partial tear of the adductor in the right leg. After a last test to skate in the morning, the World bronze medalists had to resign themselves to give up on this competition they hold very dear. "Nathalie was crying" admitted their Italian coach, Pasquale Camerlengo.

Probably unable to skate until the end of the month, Fabian Bourzat will do a part of his reathletisation next week in Lyon, while his partner will go to Zagreb in her capacity of captain of the French team

vCash
    An interview of Véronique Guyon here (in French) :
    http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/T...OUS-CONDITIONS

Rapidly, she says she will be ok to train Brian again, but under certain conditions, not to repeat mistakes done in the past. She did not talk to him recently (last time was 2 weeks ago), so she does not know his state of mind.
    She thinks changing the LP is not a good idea.

There are also short words from D. Gailhaguet (a repeat from what he said at the gala in Niort recently), Brian was in training sessions at Bercy before Euros (like every year, all skaters meet in Bercy), and Brian had 'some problems'. His shape should be evaluated again a week later, which is now this week, and as it's already thurday evening it's propbably already done. We may know more in the very near future then.

vCash
    I'm devastated...

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Ugh, how awful. Even if he heals in time for worlds, they're going to lose so much training time.

There will be a great battle now for the European title between Bobrova, Ilinykh, and Cappellini, but it's a shame it will to come at such a price.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast