Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Tiffany Zahorski's profile is up on icepartnersearch: http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=4185

France3 TV's in-studio interview with Joubert (aired Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012) before TEB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB64V2_0LgQ
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Brian Joubert has a lovely LP this season and the choreo is not stuck in the 6.0 system like some of his past programs. Quite a lot better than Amodio's IMO.

vCash
    Amodio said in the press conference at TEB that he will be changing his SP for the rest of the season.

vCash
    What do you think is going to happen for Carron/Jones ?.Nothing seems to be working for them they seem to be going nowhere.Such a shame for Pernelle as she was so high up at Euros with her previous partner.This partnership just doesn't seem to be working.They've changed coaches and they have quite a nice FD .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    What do you think is going to happen for Carron/Jones ?.Nothing seems to be working for them they seem to be going nowhere.Such a shame for Pernelle as she was so high up at Euros with her previous partner.This partnership just doesn't seem to be working.They've changed coaches and they have quite a nice FD .

On a positive note, they performed well at the Master's and at the NRW and have met the minimum scores for worlds. On a not-so-good note, they would have wanted to perform better at their two GPs. It's hard to believe that someone like Pernelle has not been to the Olympics yet, especially since she seems to have been in seniors for a good while now. I actually think their dances are more appealing this year than they have been in previous years, but it seems that technical mistakes let them down in their two GPs. The standard is so high these days.

vCash
    I briefly checked the protocoles, they had many level 4, it's the GOE that were not so high. I too feel they made big progress under Marika.

vCash
    http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...forfait/333483
    Joubert has the flu and won't skate at French Nationals this week-end!

vCash
    Oh dear! Well, at least he skates in TEB ... Not terribly well, but well enough to give him a bit of confidence going into euros I guess ...

vCash
    what´s with iliusheckina/koccon? are they done?

vCash
    Re-posting from the French Nationals forum in Kiss and Cry:

Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    She [Iliushechkina] did not get her release from the Russian Fed. Someone posted on the French forum that it looks like the partnership is over.
    French Nationals recap article: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Many thanks for the link, Sylvia!

I love Berlot's general observations.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I enjoyed the article too. I wasn't impressed with Amodio's "new" SP but it's better than some of the alternative possibilities I've seen floated online.

FYI, L'Equipe is reporting that Brian Joubert has scrapped the Inception LP (which I thought had promise) and will use Gladiator for his LP instead, choreography by Laurie May. Cue the inevitable comments about Yagudin... although I think this is actually the first time Joubert will have a competitive LP to music Yagudin skated to in competition.

vCash
    WTF? Amodio's flamenco sp was one of his better programs, and the Inception program really suited Brian.

vCash
    Amodio after TEB was quoted as saying he didn't feel comfortable skating to flamenco and was going to ask Morozov to choreograph a new SP for him. It now turns out that his new SP is actually a short version of his LP of last season.

As far as Joubert's choice goes, why am I not surprised? But at least this time Brian sort of admits he was inspired by Yagudin's Gladiator which he says he adored.

Such a shame he dumped the Inception, I really liked that program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Such a shame he dumped the Inception, I really liked that program.
    ARGHHHH... It's such a beautiful programme. I re-watched it the other day and looks like Denkova/Staviyski really really put A LOT of effort on the transitions etc., It was a good, COP-friendly programme! I really wanted to see him skate the programme to its full potential...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Amodio after TEB was quoted as saying he didn't feel comfortable skating to flamenco and was going to ask Morozov to choreograph a new SP for him. It now turns out that his new SP is actually a short version of his LP of last season.
    There was an article in L'Equipe which said that this "new" SP is just a stop gap until the actual new SP is ready.

vCash
    ^Oh, I see, thanks for updating me.

vCash
    Joubert did not have the flu and skipped French Nationals to....work on a new LP. He won't skate to Inception anymore and will work on a Gladiator LP with Laurie May (P/B off-ice choreographer).
    I don't know if the flu thing was a cover-up by the Fed, but the relationship between Joubert and the French Fed seems to be rocky right now. Joubert wants to work with Guillon but Dumont wants to be the only coach.
    We always see complete 180 from Joubert during a season, so it's hard to predict the next move.

vCash
    Good news. Candeloro began having his best results when his relationship with the FFSG was rocky. Let's hope it's gonna be the same for Brian. (one can hope right ?)
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Joubert did not have the flu and skipped French Nationals to....work on a new LP. He won't skate to Inception anymore and will work on a Gladiator LP with Laurie May (P/B off-ice choreographer).
    My understanding was that he did have the flu but it wasn't the only reason he skipped Nationals - basically that he might have tried to skate anyway were it not for the LP situation (sort of like 2008-9, I guess). But maybe I'm wrong. You're right that one never knows what exactly is going on with Joubert.

I suppose that at this point in his career, he might as well do whatever he wants and enjoy skating, rather than trying to conform to the judging system or the FFSG's "suggestions".

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast