Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am not sure if this 4 fall performance is really all that different than all the other 2,3,or 4 fall performances of Chan's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Trevor - you are saying too much. I would be careful.
    Yes. What you're doing is starting a rumor, and not a particularly good one. And if you have such intimate knowledge about Patrick and his life, you are betraying a confidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Yes. What you're doing is starting a rumor, and not a particularly good one. And if you have such intimate knowledge about Patrick and his life, you are betraying a confidence.
    I don't think that anyone who really knows Patrick or his family would be posting this stuff. Or anyone who knows any high level skater would post personal details. They would be more respectful.

Ah we can just call him Trevor the Troll!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I don't think that anyone who really knows Patrick or his family would be posting this stuff. Or anyone who knows any high level skater would post personal details. They would be more respectful.

Yeah! I have a hard time believing this is someone who has Patrick's best interest in heart with this kind of posts.

vCash
    Wasn't there an article describing how Patrick would want to include quad sal and quad flip into his program this year? If the jumps are eluding him due to coaching issues I doubt he would plan harder quads before he finds his quad mojo back.

I also seriously doubt Skate Canada would let Patrick self implode like this without giving him coaching selection advice if the coaching situation is not working out for him. Patrick Chan is probably the best bet for Gold in Sochi (even more so than V/M IMO).

As for Mr Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    Patrick's dad and mom are ordinary people, and dedicated their whole adult life to nurturing their only son, to success, unthinkable and unheard of, for a Chinese Canadian.
    Speaking from first hand experience of being raised in a Chinese Canadian family, no no no no and no.

vCash
    Yep AussieWilly. Trevor's a Troll! Let's keep personal life personal. The skaters do not owe us explanations on how they should run their private lives. They make their decisions they live the consequences of their decisions. Personally, I wish ALL skaters well whether their skating is or is not my favourite. Without all these dedicated skaters, we won't be able to watch and enjoy figure skating and talk about it.

vCash
    FWIW, there were a few details in trevor's initial post that instantaneously rendered his story unbelievable for me. I claim no insider knowledge of the present situation, and while I've met Patrick, most of what I know about him is secondhand from other skaters. However, I've heard a few things over and over, from enough different people, over a sufficient period of time, that I believe there is very little chance trevor's story is accurate in its details.

While I have been surprised at how many posters are willing to take trevor's story at face value, I've also been surprised at how many posters assume that Skate Canada would "step in" if they felt Patrick's coaching situation wasn't under "control." Skate Canada's "control" over skaters like Chan and Virtue/Moir extends only as far as refusing to name them to World/Olympic teams... and Skate Canada has much more to lose than Chan or Virtue/Moir in that scenario. Skate Canada can - and likely will - refuse to credential Johnson for Canadian Nationals, and I believe their current rules prohibit Johnson's name from being submitted for credentialing at Worlds as a primary coach, but they have little to no leverage to control his day-to-day training. They know that. And Chan knows that.

vCash
    Yes. Patrick is already mature, adult man. I am sure Patrick knows what he needs. Trevor may think he is still little boy who has to listen to his mom and dad

vCash
    Elite athletes are best when they have tunnel vision and no outside distractions.
    Most unfortunately have to choose the life of a monk in many areas of their lives.
    Funny that not a long while ago some of Chan's haterz were shedding crocodile tears over Chan having NO life outside of figure skating and being the victim of his mom who is a control freak and only wants to see him training, training and training.

There are tons of examples of elite athletes who were most successful in their careers while dating and spending most if not all of their time outside of their sport with their gf's or bf's and living less than the life of a monk.

I don't want Chan to get rid of his girlfriend but just get himself a technical coach coz I do believe he would need one. JMHO.

vCash
    There is only one explanation! It is always damsel problem. lol

vCash
    Trevor - you are saying too much. I would be careful.
    This!
    My earlier post was made in hopes that you would restrain yourself.

vCash
    I was surprised by the cautious, somewhat concerned comments coming from Patrick's camp in interviews right before Nice. Perhaps things were not ideal and that is why he made the change. I can only imagine the tensions that go on behind the scenes at that elite a level and the pressure everyone is under, no one more then Patrick. He has proven himself to be resilient many times before and I believe he knows what he needs. I am so amazed at the sacrifices that these young people make and wish him the best. He has indicated he is doing all he can to grow in the areas he has been criticized. I don't think you can be happy in your skating if you are not happy in your life.
    pug lover

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Is Trevor a new screen name for ESTA? . . . Is Trevor the Chinese ESTA? Is ESTA the Russian Trevor?
    Last edited by bardtoob; 10-10-2012 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    Well, it shows Patrick does have personality. He will be ok.

vCash
    The scary horror show plot thickens ... trevor is the writer producer director, and he also stars as Freddy; Chan and his significant other are the victims hunted down relentlessly inside the bowels of a skating rink; Kathy Johnson is the maligned technique-challenged non-credentialed primary coach who tries to save them both.

Or maybe even there's enough material in this thread for jettasian to write two or three whole episodes of CSI - Sochi ... cue up the scary music.

Last edited by aftershocks; 10-11-2012 at 01:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Is Trevor a new screen name for ESTA? . . . Is Trevor the Chinese ESTA? Is ESTA the Russian Trevor?
    That is an insult to the great ESTA to even insinuate the somehow Trevor the Troll and ESTA would be one and same.

TrTTr takes themselves way too seriously.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    ^ Ooo ... Was not trying to offend ESTA.

vCash
    Maybe Trevor is someone's ex bf or gf. lol

vCash
    ^^ Or, God forbid, a skating world competitor up to mischief. Or, maybe even the infamous Freddy Krueger himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Or, God forbid, a skating world competitor up to mischief. Or, maybe even the infamous Freddy Krueger himself.
    Nah. This screen would've come up before trevor's first post appeared. (Note, as James Rolfe did in his beloved (by nerds under 35) review of Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES, that the trademark marco appears next to Freddy's name.)
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast