Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Must have been because Skate Canada sold out Chan to get Osmond on the podium, so that she can get on the judges' radar to earn two spots for Canada in London, so that they can entice Rochette back for Sochi.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    For Canada’s Patrick Chan, breaking up is easy to do: DiManno
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/articl...-to-do-dimanno
    Patrick Chan is in love.

The object of his affection — and it’s mutual — is his new coach’s daughter.
    Wow, "trevor" was mostly right then?

This is sure going to turn out well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post

I think Trevor was right in a large degree. What he/she should never have done was to post the details of any personal information on a website for everyone to see. That was an unforgivable betrayal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    This. Superchan is defeated on home turf, and Gracie Gold finishes off the podium in the same competition. A sure sign of the Apocalypse.
    Ah so that is the reason for the weather on the east coast of the US.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Ah so that is the reason for the weather on the east coast of the US.
    Of course! The earthquake on the west coast was just a warning. The judges didn't heed it and the gods are VERY unhappy.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I thought we all knew about Patrick dating Kathy Johnson's daughter long before this article. I don't see anything new from this article that we don't already know except the tidbit:

stonishingly, he and Johnson had never discussed his emotional equilibrium or the significance of this Skate Canada competition, his first Grand Prix assignment of the season — not until the final minutes of preparation.

“We talked about this right before the long program. It should have happened long before.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post

I don't think so. Most of us already knew Chan was dating his coach's daughter. What "trevor" said was of something on the personal interacton level, which could be never confirmed by anyone and should not have been appeared around here.
    Last edited by seabm7; 10-30-2012 at 04:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I don't see anything new from this article that we don't already know except the tidbit:
    Is that right? Do you know this?

These are the programs he’ll likely take to Sochi and he does not foresee changing coaches again before then, no matter what his fortunes this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    Is that right? Do you know this?
    I meant the 'personal' information in that article echoed what Trevor said which is just Patrick is dating Tess which I'm pretty sure it was public information during the summer. I just don't see how this article proves the other things Trevor said was true.

vCash
    1. The fact that emotional preparation basically never happened is . Seriously, WTF?

2. He wants to take these programs to Sochi? That's a bold pronouncement at this point in time. He really should see how they're received by the judges and fans (and how they progress and grow with him skating them) before he decides that he'll skate these in February 2014.

3. Maybe Patrick's just...tired? A little burned out? I think he may take it a little easier this season (dumb as that sounds...what I mean is that he may intentionally be slowing down so that he doesn't completely peak before Sochi) and try to really nail it for next season.

Or maybe his coach just has no clue what to do. I'm not sure which it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    His girlfriend's mother was part of his team before he started dating her daughter, and as it was pointed out in the article, he didn't fire Krall: she fired him. Complaining about relationships is like having a problem with Zhulin being Navka's coach, Moskvin being Moskvina/Mishin's coach, or Vasiliev being Totmianina/Marinin's coach.
    Because all of the coaches above have the experience to be head coaches? Chan's current coach may have been on his team, but lots of dancers help out with figure skaters. They doesn't make them the primary "coach" material. Its still kind of important to know how to skate.

Kwanfan, Krall had every right to quit when Patrick demoted her. For someone with far less experience... For Patrick to say " he notes that Krall’s departure wasn’t his doing." Is more than a bit ridiculous.

Krall is an experienced skating coach who I'm sure has plenty of students more than willing to have her as their PRIMARY coach... Who would want to have to answer to a "primary" coach that had less experience than they did?.....

If you were demoted in favor of someone with far less experience than you, but who had personal ties to the boss in question? (And in this case Patrick made the decision to make the current head coach his head coach after he was dating his daughter. ) Well in such a circumstance if you didn't need the job, and you had plenty of other jobs available to you, where you could keep your current status? Wouldn't you say "Sayanora" And wouldn't you feel its more than a ridiculous for the former boss to act like-his actions had absolutely nothing to do with it?

Once again its Patrick's life and Patrick's choices. Who knows maybe it will work well for him. But really he and his team shouldn't be putting the blame on the split on Krall...Most people in her position would have reacted exactly the same way.

In fact I'm willing to be that Team Chan knew full well there was a good chance Krall would quit. But didn't want to seem to be the bad guys. There's nothing wrong with Team Chan asking her to take a secondary role. But they really shouldn't be blaming her, when she choose to say No. Or arguing that split was her not him...
    Last edited by bek; 10-30-2012 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Paying all those coaches must have been crazy expensive (I even thought that the $150K figures were low). Does he get a familly discount now that he is dating the daughter? If your primary figure skating coach does not know how to figure skate better than Suzanne Bonaly or Danny Kwan, you may have a problem. To me, it was a move to save money. We have seen a lot of skaters trying to save money temporarely and escape the big name expensive coaches. It rarely works in the long-run. The 2 time world champ was complaining about his financial situation..it is sad, but he needs a jumping coach full-time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Because all of the coaches above have the experience to be head coaches? Chan's current coach may have been on his team, but lots of dancers help out with figure skaters. They doesn't make them the primary "coach" material. Its still kind of important to know how to skate.

Kwanfan, Krall had every right to quit when Patrick demoted her. For someone with far less experience... For Patrick to say " he notes that Krall’s departure wasn’t his doing." Is more than a bit ridiculous.

Krall is an experienced skating coach who I'm sure has plenty of students more than willing to have her as their PRIMARY coach... Who would want to have to answer to a "primary" coach that had less experience than they did?.....

If you were demoted in favor of someone with far less experience than you, but who had personal ties to the boss in question? (And in this case Patrick made the decision to make the current head coach his head coach after he was dating his daughter. ) Well in such a circumstance if you didn't need the job, and you had plenty of other jobs available to you, where you could keep your current status? Wouldn't you say "Sayanora" And wouldn't you feel its more than a ridiculous for the former boss to act like-his actions had absolutely nothing to do with it?

Once again its Patrick's life and Patrick's choices. Who knows maybe it will work well for him. But really he and his team shouldn't be putting the blame on the split on Krall...Most people in her position would have reacted exactly the same way.
    I think you are right in these. However I don't think Patrick is as sophisticate as how you've portrayed. Given how naive Patrick sometimes acted, he might not at all have prepared for Krall's departure. He might have just thought that Krall could somehow be willing to step back and take the lesser role in this "family affair". And Patrick's parents might be forced to go along with this first time madly in loved son.

But who are supporting Patrick right now in Patrick's eyes and mind? The Johnson mother and daughter! Kathy Johnson might be his last tie to a "sweet dream" in his skating. Almost everyone else, at least 80% - 90% of people who loved him and supported him, are up against his decision on selecting a dance coach to be his primary coach. No wonder he felt vulnerable on ice because he knew what he is doing is not popular, laughed and teased by his haterz and saddened by his supporters. But only Johnson - I mean the "coach" Johnson - could give him 100% approval on anything everything he does at anytime in any situation. Who would Patrick go to? After all, Patrick is only 21. A 21 year old skater's mind is somehow similar to a teenager's mind in a non-skating world, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Eyre; 10-30-2012 at 05:59 PM.

vCash
    Patrick better damn well get a real full time coach for next season if he wants to win Gold in Sochi. A modern dance expert has no clue about jumps and the technique needed to be successful at landing those jumps. Only a coach can point out what's wrong with his jumps right now no matter how many years Patrick has been doing triple jumps. He can't fix it himself no matter what he thinks.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    He's working with Eddie Shipstad, who is an integral member of the Krall/Colorado Springs package.

I have no idea how this will pan out, but he's not planning on leaving Colorado Sorings.

I don't blame Krall for firing him: it's like someone announcing to their spouse that they want an open relationship, and the spouse has every right to say that this isn't what they signed up for. My only point is that he didn't just say, time to get rid of his technical coach to go to Johnson, but that he wanted a role change with Krall strictly on the technical side, like she is with other skaters -- I want a pony, too -- and Krall said "No thanks."
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyre View Post
    I think you are right in these. However I don't think Patrick is as sophisticate as how you've portrayed. Given how naive Patrick sometimes acted, he might not at all have prepared for Krall's departure. He might have just thought that Krall could somehow be willing to step back and take the lesser role in this "family affair". And Patrick's parents might be forced to go along with this first time madly in loved son.

But who are supporting Patrick right now in Patrick's eyes and mind? The Johnson mother and daughter! Kathy Johnson might be his last tie to a "sweet dream" in his skating. Almost everyone else, at least 80% - 90% of people who loved him and supported him, are up against his decision on selecting a dance coach to be his primary coach. No wonder he felt vulnerable on ice because he knew what he is doing is not popular, laughed and teased by his haterz and saddened by his supporters. But only Johnson - I mean the "coach" Johnson - could give him 100% approval on anything everything he does at anytime in any situation. Who would Patrick go to? After all, Patrick is only 21. A 21 year old skater's mind is somehow similar to a teenager's mind in a non-skating world, I'm afraid.
    I agree Patrick is not very sophisticated but I think it speaks volumes about him that he would openly say Krall not working with him-is something he has nothing to do with...I do agree this may be a money saving thing. He's a kid clearly though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post

In fact I'm willing to be that Team Chan knew full well there was a good chance Krall would quit. But didn't want to seem to be the bad guys. There's nothing wrong with Team Chan asking her to take a secondary role. But they really shouldn't be blaming her, when she choose to say No. Or arguing that split was her not him...

Different name, same song... Don Laws anyone?http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/figure...ory?id=4809734

Seems like I recall Patrick also said he was shocked that Don wasn't just happy to be associated with him when it became apparent Krall was the "head coach"

Chan seems to think that as long as he doesn't "fire" them then "it's not my fault" LOL!

I really don't care what he does, but someone posted the YouTube video to this year's Skate Canada... and that brought up a "link' to the 2012 Skate Canada video so... I watched them back to back. Felt like we were going the wrong way here.

And as for Trevor and his "stories" I think a group "ignore" is in order. Everyone go to your CP and put him on "ignore" he's proof a little knowledge is a dangerous think and also seems slightly delusional about his "role" LOL!
    Last edited by Carolla5501; 10-30-2012 at 09:10 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In both cases it sounds to me that Chan felt constrained by his coaches and wanted something different out of his training. Maybe he thought that because Krall had first been in Johnson's shoes, when she was in Laws' she'd be more understanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I don't blame Krall for firing him: it's like someone announcing to their spouse that they want an open relationship, and the spouse has every right to say that this isn't what they signed up for. My only point is that he didn't just say, time to get rid of his technical coach to go to Johnson, but that he wanted a role change with Krall strictly on the technical side, like she is with other skaters -- I want a pony, too -- and Krall said "No thanks."
    This I believe is what happened. I can't see why people would think that Patrick fired Krall or Krall fired Patrick. Neither fired each other. It's like two persons embarking on the same journey for quite time coming across a juncture. A felt that juncture 1 is the appropriate direction to take whilst B felt juncture 2 is the way. They can't agree..... so they decide to walk separate directions. There have been many coach-student spllits but it seems some splits are more scrutinised eg. like Patrick's.
    If Patrick felt that other juncture is the direction to take, let him. We all make decisions rightly or wrongly. Only time will tell. The journey is not over and another juncture may appear.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 10-31-2012 at 02:19 AM.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Patrick better damn well get a real full time coach for next season if he wants to win Gold in Sochi. A modern dance expert has no clue about jumps and the technique needed to be successful at landing those jumps. Only a coach can point out what's wrong with his jumps right now no matter how many years Patrick has been doing triple jumps. He can't fix it himself no matter what he thinks.
    It's not just the jumps. Someone who has never skated in a high performance capacity nor coached in it has no idea how to support a skater through international competition and deal with all of the other stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast