View Poll Results: Who will make podium?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gabrielle Daleman

16 30.19%
  • Alaine Chartrand

16 30.19%
  • Myriane Samson

6 11.32%
  • Adriana DeSanctis

3 5.66%
  • Kate Charbonneau

8 15.09%
  • Alexe Gilles

7 13.21%
  • Veronik Mallet

0 0%
  • Julianne Seguin

1 1.89%
  • Vanessa Grenier

1 1.89%
  • Alexandra Najarro

8 15.09%
  • Alexandra Gagnon

0 0%
  • Roxanne Rheault

1 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

Who will win bronze at Canadian Nationals, Ladies?

Let's try this again!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I think you should have waited to see who makes it out of CO Sectionals to Challenge first?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I think you should have waited to see who makes it out of CO Sectionals to Challenge first?
    Post-Challenge results would take the challenge out of this!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I'm gonna guess Najarro based on the results of last year and the year before, although I have not seen Chartrand skate.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I love that this poll for the bronze medal is multiple choice. Canadians is going to be Salt Lake City all over again!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I would amend this poll to Silver and Bronze. Assuming too much methinks...

The skater to watch out for is Chartrand. While many of our ladies are improving, I'm seeing big changes in her, all coming quickly. 3Z/3T in the short and has 7 triples in her long including two lutzes, two loops and a 3/3 sequence. She's slightly awkward looking a la Brittany Jones with long arms and her fingers look like they are fused together, but she's slowly rectifying all that while her speed and attack are greatly improving.

She's getting mid 5's on JGP which ain't that bad for PCS. She could TES her way to second place in my mind as early as this year if Amelie brings same ol same ol

vCash
    I'm not sold on Chartrand. Her flip is very outside edge-y, I don't know if she's gotten called on it on the JGP but it's clearly visible on videos. She's also very gangly and junior-esque to me, trying big tricks but not getting the rotation, and her jumps aren't very big.

I am quite impressed with Daleman though, she's got much more power in her skating than Chartrand and her jumps are bigger and more impressive. She's improved tons since winning her jr title.

Najarro is a bit of a mystery at this point. She had surgery on her knee and withdrew from any competitions she was scheduled to be at this year. I believe sectionals will be her debut- it will be interesting to see where she is.

Charbonneau is interesting too. She has potential but needs to put it together.

I'm not a fan of Descantis this year. She appears to be stagnating or regressing. I saw her at Thornhill Summerskate and she was so slooooww. But then again, it was early in the season and she could very well pick up steam for Nationals.

It's too early to tell at this point. Last year Kaetlyn Osmond didn't start knocking it out of the park until sectionals. It's really wide open this year so whoever skates well will place. Maybe we'll get some surprises

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Daleman is gaining on Chartrand in the poll - probably due to her 52 point short program at the JGP in Germany - with a fall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS-iTbsWo8E

vCash
    Yes, and I believe she had the highest PCS mark for the short.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Daleman was second in PCS behind Leah Keiser (US). From the comments on another forum, this was not a greatly skated event. 52 with a fall on the 3F seems a bit high to me.

vCash
    Daleman scored 86 in the Free. 138 Total. 3 falls. She has a bye through COS, will be interesting to see her at Challenge.

vCash
    Excuse me if I've missed something, but since when is Alexe Gilles skating for Canada?

vCash
    She's registered in COS sectionals in senior women, and not apparently as a guest skater. Does that mean she intends to skate for Canada? I don't know. There have been guest skaters at other sectional competitions in the past who were not representing Canada (eg. Bela Papp in BC), but I think it indicated that they were guest skaters in the skater list.

Perhaps someone else who knows the Skate Canada system can answer this question more adequately.

vCash
    Piper and Alexe have a Canadian grandmother (maybe grandfather, too) on their mother's side. Their mother is obtaining Canadian citizenship through her own mother, which will then give Piper an expedited process for her own citizenship. It seems like Alexe may intend to follow the same path and compete for Canada, since the ladies' field is more open in Canada than the US.

vCash
    If Osmond can beat Lacoste at Skate Canada Inernational, I think that will make her the leader going into Nationals. Najarro and Desanctis did not skate Octoberfest. Charbonneau didn't have a great placing there. Chartrand maybe trying the most difficult Technical program, but she is having issues with it. At what point do she change to a more comfortable program? I think she has competed in 7 events this year. Nationals maybe her 10th of the year. Maybe some time training instead of all the competitions.

My prediction, based on JGP, Senior B, and summer competitions are:

1) Osmond
    2) Lacoste
    3) Daleman
    4) Chartrand
    5) Anyone else