Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    How can dead people have feelings?
    D'oh!! That does sound really dorky! I just added a disclaimer so everyone knows what I actually mean in that sentence, LMAO
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I've had surgery twice, and may be heading to a third time. I've never been to an ER, and when I went there with my grandfather, it definitely wasn't staffed by surgeons trolling for surgery
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Surgeons don't staff an ER. It is generally staffed by residents with one or two attending physicians depending on the size of the hospital, but mostly they're residents in emergency medicine. If someone has a problem of a surgical nature, a dr with the needed specialty is paged to the ER. Certainly surgical patients do come from ER cases, but it's a minority of the surgeries done in a hospital.

That said, last night's episode was silly. Avery is now "in charge" of the hospital. That's like a sitcom twist.

vCash
    ^ I know. But he is just becoming a member of board directors not the chief of surgery or something, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ^ I know. But he is just becoming a member of board directors not the chief of surgery or something, right?
    Yes - so technically Hunt has to answer to the Board. I take it as 'drama' being created by Grey's.
    I found last nights episode good. Set up for lots of things in the future. Debbie Allen can be around more - I like her with Richard and son.
    Also the Harper Avery Foundation has been mentioned for so long - it wasn't a shock!
    The one thing that will seem weird - with all the 'owners' - if any of the actors/owners leave the show, it will be harder to just say they got a job at a another hospital, which is an easy way to write a character out than before. And they really can't kill anybody else off - can they?
    Loved Bailey - she's short so her punch is lower!!
    Loved how Richard knew something was up and ready to help!
    The interns are growing on me.
    I like April as doctor - maturing and competant. Just leave out the personal stuff.
    Love Karev as always - and sharing his 40 yr old scotch that he keeps in the oven - so no one must cook there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Love Karev as always - and sharing his 40 yr old scotch that he keeps in the oven - so no one must cook there.
    Come on. He shares a house with Cristina. The oven is the perfect hiding place for his booze!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    The one thing that will seem weird - with all the 'owners' - if any of the actors/owners leave the show, it will be harder to just say they got a job at a another hospital, which is an easy way to write a character out than before. And they really can't kill anybody else off - can they?
    Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Chandra Wilson, Sandra Oh and I believe Justin Chambers and James Pickens all have contracts through next year, which I'm guessing will be the end of the series. These are all the original cast members whose contracts ended last season. They got two-year contracts.

Don't know what the contracts are for Sara Ramirez, Jessica Capshaw, Kevin McKidd and Jesse Williams. They all joined the cast later. Ramirez in season two, McKidd and Capshaw season five and Williams and Sarah Drew in season six.

vCash
    Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital

:

So now that the Grey is on the name of the hospital, this show can go on forever even without Ellen Pompeo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    So now that the Grey is on the name of the hospital, this show can go on forever even without Ellen Pompeo.
    I hope not. I really hope they make season 10 the last and wrap it up nicely. This year has been pretty decent. One more then a graceful exit.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital

:

Glad I'm not the only one who had an emotional reaction to the renaming of the hospital! I didn't see that coming at all and immediately starting bawling because it was such a touching gesture.

This season has been pretty great overall so I kind of agree that making next season the final one would be pretty cool. I would miss this show SO MUCH but I know things can't last forever (still missing Private Practice ). I can see a lot of story lines tying up really nicely during one more season and quite frankly, I don't know how much longer some of these cast members can pull off their characters' ages on the show, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who had an emotional reaction to the renaming of the hospital! I didn't see that coming at all and immediately starting bawling because it was such a touching gesture.
    I'd predicted that a couple of weeks ago when they first started talking about buying the hospital ... but I was crying nonetheless.

Avery redeemed himself at the end. I thought the scene where he made one authoritative decision about the ORs was a little ridiculous -- not the decision, but the way everyone seemed to accept that as being a demonstration of leadership. Heck, I could have done that! But his "let's do things together" speech at the end, even without the renaming, made me a believer.

vCash
    Yesterday felt like such a throwaway, meh episode. Just me?
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Nope. I just watched it a few hours ago and I can barely remember what happened.

vCash
    I'm a bit behind - just saw the 3/21 episode, which was basically one big advertisement for the Lodox machine. Just finished an exam yesterday so I can watch the most recent one today

And the company is certainly milking it for all it's worth

vCash
    Bumping up as we're in the final stretch of the season.

While I found Chandra Wilson's performance excellent, I find the Bailey storyline sort of stupid. Also, I know Pegasus was all about the money not the medicine, but it's highly doubtful they'd order inferior surgical gloves.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I know its just TV, not real blah blah. But is it possible that a surgeon could really infect people like that? They were basically saying that as she sweated, her sweat seeped through the inferior gloves, and because she has the virus, she then infected the patients, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I know its just TV, not real blah blah. But is it possible that a surgeon could really infect people like that? They were basically saying that as she sweated, her sweat seeped through the inferior gloves, and because she has the virus, she then infected the patients, right?
    It is absolutely possible that a doctor could infect a patient if there's a tear in the gloves. What I find implausible is that Pegasus would have ordered the defective gloves. While it's clear the corporation is being cast in a negative light as an entity that treated medicine as just a business, which is a sadly true trend today, because they were so business minded they would likely have picked a very good glove that never would have gotten them into trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    It is absolutely possible that a doctor could infect a patient if there's a tear in the gloves. What I find implausible is that Pegasus would have ordered the defective gloves. While it's clear the corporation is being cast in a negative light as an entity that treated medicine as just a business, which is a sadly true trend today, because they were so business minded they would likely have picked a very good glove that never would have gotten them into trouble.
    Unless they picked the glove but in the period in which they would have pulled it upon finding out it was defective, Seattle Grace Mercy Death left their umbrella and thus didn't get the memo?

Medicine seems to be less a plot line than a setting on the show, so...
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Unless they picked the glove but in the period in which they would have pulled it upon finding out it was defective, Seattle Grace Mercy Death left their umbrella and thus didn't get the memo?
    That's what I thought. Entirely within character Pegasus would go with a cheaper brand that later turned out to be defective -- it wouldn't be a deliberate "let's put patients in jeopardy" strategy, just a regular cost-cutting measure that proves to be short-sighted. As so often they are.

It's also possible that the brand was recalled properly but none of the surgeons knew about it or took note of it -- particularly if they went back to their old pre-Pegasus brand like they went back to their pre-Pegasus surgical procedures. Which would also account for the delay in detecting the problem, since the defective gloves wouldn't be around any more and it would take the in-depth fine tooth comb CDC investigation to discover it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast