Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 188
  1. #141
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,898
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4653
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    How can dead people have feelings?
    D'oh!! That does sound really dorky! I just added a disclaimer so everyone knows what I actually mean in that sentence, LMAO
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  2. #142

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    I've had surgery twice, and may be heading to a third time. I've never been to an ER, and when I went there with my grandfather, it definitely wasn't staffed by surgeons trolling for surgery
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  3. #143

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Surgeons don't staff an ER. It is generally staffed by residents with one or two attending physicians depending on the size of the hospital, but mostly they're residents in emergency medicine. If someone has a problem of a surgical nature, a dr with the needed specialty is paged to the ER. Certainly surgical patients do come from ER cases, but it's a minority of the surgeries done in a hospital.

    That said, last night's episode was silly. Avery is now "in charge" of the hospital. That's like a sitcom twist.

  4. #144

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231
    ^ I know. But he is just becoming a member of board directors not the chief of surgery or something, right?

  5. #145

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,733
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14921
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ^ I know. But he is just becoming a member of board directors not the chief of surgery or something, right?
    Yes - so technically Hunt has to answer to the Board. I take it as 'drama' being created by Grey's.
    I found last nights episode good. Set up for lots of things in the future. Debbie Allen can be around more - I like her with Richard and son.
    Also the Harper Avery Foundation has been mentioned for so long - it wasn't a shock!
    The one thing that will seem weird - with all the 'owners' - if any of the actors/owners leave the show, it will be harder to just say they got a job at a another hospital, which is an easy way to write a character out than before. And they really can't kill anybody else off - can they?
    Loved Bailey - she's short so her punch is lower!!
    Loved how Richard knew something was up and ready to help!
    The interns are growing on me.
    I like April as doctor - maturing and competant. Just leave out the personal stuff.
    Love Karev as always - and sharing his 40 yr old scotch that he keeps in the oven - so no one must cook there.

  6. #146

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,442
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4484
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Love Karev as always - and sharing his 40 yr old scotch that he keeps in the oven - so no one must cook there.
    Come on. He shares a house with Cristina. The oven is the perfect hiding place for his booze!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  7. #147

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    The one thing that will seem weird - with all the 'owners' - if any of the actors/owners leave the show, it will be harder to just say they got a job at a another hospital, which is an easy way to write a character out than before. And they really can't kill anybody else off - can they?
    Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, Chandra Wilson, Sandra Oh and I believe Justin Chambers and James Pickens all have contracts through next year, which I'm guessing will be the end of the series. These are all the original cast members whose contracts ended last season. They got two-year contracts.

    Don't know what the contracts are for Sara Ramirez, Jessica Capshaw, Kevin McKidd and Jesse Williams. They all joined the cast later. Ramirez in season two, McKidd and Capshaw season five and Williams and Sarah Drew in season six.

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital

    :

    So now that the Grey is on the name of the hospital, this show can go on forever even without Ellen Pompeo.

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    So now that the Grey is on the name of the hospital, this show can go on forever even without Ellen Pompeo.
    I hope not. I really hope they make season 10 the last and wrap it up nicely. This year has been pretty decent. One more then a graceful exit.

  10. #150
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,898
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4653
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital

    :

    So now that the Grey is on the name of the hospital, this show can go on forever even without Ellen Pompeo.
    Glad I'm not the only one who had an emotional reaction to the renaming of the hospital! I didn't see that coming at all and immediately starting bawling because it was such a touching gesture.

    This season has been pretty great overall so I kind of agree that making next season the final one would be pretty cool. I would miss this show SO MUCH but I know things can't last forever (still missing Private Practice ). I can see a lot of story lines tying up really nicely during one more season and quite frankly, I don't know how much longer some of these cast members can pull off their characters' ages on the show, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

    "I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

  11. #151

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    42231

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Posts
    4,808
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who had an emotional reaction to the renaming of the hospital! I didn't see that coming at all and immediately starting bawling because it was such a touching gesture.
    I'd predicted that a couple of weeks ago when they first started talking about buying the hospital ... but I was crying nonetheless.

    Avery redeemed himself at the end. I thought the scene where he made one authoritative decision about the ORs was a little ridiculous -- not the decision, but the way everyone seemed to accept that as being a demonstration of leadership. Heck, I could have done that! But his "let's do things together" speech at the end, even without the renaming, made me a believer.

  13. #153

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In and around.
    Posts
    10,629
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3495
    Yesterday felt like such a throwaway, meh episode. Just me?
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

  14. #154

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,837
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    10351
    Nope. I just watched it a few hours ago and I can barely remember what happened.

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,804
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm a bit behind - just saw the 3/21 episode, which was basically one big advertisement for the Lodox machine. Just finished an exam yesterday so I can watch the most recent one today

    And the company is certainly milking it for all it's worth

  16. #156

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Bumping up as we're in the final stretch of the season.

    While I found Chandra Wilson's performance excellent, I find the Bailey storyline sort of stupid. Also, I know Pegasus was all about the money not the medicine, but it's highly doubtful they'd order inferior surgical gloves.

  17. #157

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,837
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    10351
    I know its just TV, not real blah blah. But is it possible that a surgeon could really infect people like that? They were basically saying that as she sweated, her sweat seeped through the inferior gloves, and because she has the virus, she then infected the patients, right?

  18. #158

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,883
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1388
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I know its just TV, not real blah blah. But is it possible that a surgeon could really infect people like that? They were basically saying that as she sweated, her sweat seeped through the inferior gloves, and because she has the virus, she then infected the patients, right?
    It is absolutely possible that a doctor could infect a patient if there's a tear in the gloves. What I find implausible is that Pegasus would have ordered the defective gloves. While it's clear the corporation is being cast in a negative light as an entity that treated medicine as just a business, which is a sadly true trend today, because they were so business minded they would likely have picked a very good glove that never would have gotten them into trouble.

  19. #159

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In and around.
    Posts
    10,629
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3495
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    It is absolutely possible that a doctor could infect a patient if there's a tear in the gloves. What I find implausible is that Pegasus would have ordered the defective gloves. While it's clear the corporation is being cast in a negative light as an entity that treated medicine as just a business, which is a sadly true trend today, because they were so business minded they would likely have picked a very good glove that never would have gotten them into trouble.
    Unless they picked the glove but in the period in which they would have pulled it upon finding out it was defective, Seattle Grace Mercy Death left their umbrella and thus didn't get the memo?

    Medicine seems to be less a plot line than a setting on the show, so...
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Posts
    4,808
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Unless they picked the glove but in the period in which they would have pulled it upon finding out it was defective, Seattle Grace Mercy Death left their umbrella and thus didn't get the memo?
    That's what I thought. Entirely within character Pegasus would go with a cheaper brand that later turned out to be defective -- it wouldn't be a deliberate "let's put patients in jeopardy" strategy, just a regular cost-cutting measure that proves to be short-sighted. As so often they are.

    It's also possible that the brand was recalled properly but none of the surgeons knew about it or took note of it -- particularly if they went back to their old pre-Pegasus brand like they went back to their pre-Pegasus surgical procedures. Which would also account for the delay in detecting the problem, since the defective gloves wouldn't be around any more and it would take the in-depth fine tooth comb CDC investigation to discover it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •