Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    ^I was wondering about that, too but decided that it was just ER as a property not the entire hospital they're selling. There was a line that said "to make it more presentable to the buyers."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ^I was wondering about that, too but decided that it was just ER as a property not the entire hospital they're selling. There was a line that said "to make it more presentable to the buyers."
    If they're selling the building and land as a piece of property, then it shouldn't matter what is inside. If they're selling the hospital to a private company that operates hospitals, I'd think an ER is pretty crucial. A very odd plot point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    To the highest bidder. The hospital had to pay $15 million to Derek, Meredith, Arizona and Christina, and perhaps more to Mark and Lexie's families, so they're in debt. Cut expenses, look efficient, it's easier to sell.
    i thought it was 50 million each and i figured they woudl all pool the money and buy the hospital-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    ^ Constance Zimmer was on Entourage and Boston Legal for at least 20 episodes to name a few. Her profile is quite impressive.

I loved how Meredith reacted to baby's kicking. That was so funny and cute
    I finally remembered. It was actually her role on Joan of Arcadia that I remembered her from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    i thought it was 50 million each and i figured they woudl all pool the money and buy the hospital-
    It's 15 million each -- for Cristina, Meredith, Derrick, Arizona, Lexie's estate and Mark's estate (Sofia). Maybe that is how the plot will turn. They'll buy the hospital.

vCash
    What drama that would be. LOL

vCash
    I will be very surprised if this doesn't end up with them buying the hospital. Don't they also have other lawsuits going against the airline or were those settled? I remember when this started the whole idea was to sue everyone

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    To the highest bidder. The hospital had to pay $15 million to Derek, Meredith, Arizona and Christina, and perhaps more to Mark and Lexie's families, so they're in debt. Cut expenses, look efficient, it's easier to sell.
    Okay, so sell to another hospital and then the new hospital would have another branch. Or it could even be a developer who wants the building/location to convert it to something else. That's really what I meant to ask (it was late ). I was watching and was like ... who the hell is gonna buy a hospital?!

Agree above that they will either decline the money (if you can do that), or pool and buy it, or something crazy like that to save it. Afterall, the show did not get canceled, they have to save it somehow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    It's 15 million each -- for Cristina, Meredith, Derrick, Arizona, Lexie's estate and Mark's estate (Sofia). Maybe that is how the plot will turn. They'll buy the hospital.
    They all made it seem like such a large amount..... 15 million is not as much as I thought they would get, the first offers they turned down they all looked wide eyed about!! I think mark and lexies families shoul deb entitled to more seeing as they both died inthe crash...and Arizona lost a leg for goodness sake!!!

vCash
    How can you sell a hospital ?
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    How can you sell a hospital ?
    You couldn't in Europe, but in America healthcare is largely private. You can sell a hospital just like you can sell any other asset.

I guess the ER plot could just be contrived for television drama They tried to explain it the episode before last, saying that only 50% of the ER patients brought in were admitted and those 50% brought in less revenue than it cost to treat them. Who knows. Closing ERs is a fairly common thing where I live, as a cost saving measure.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    You couldn't in Europe, but in America healthcare is largely private. You can sell a hospital just like you can sell any other asset.
    Oh, sure you can. At least in Sweden.

I assumed from day 1 that they'd have to sink all the money back into the hospital, like Izzie's donation to the free clinic.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    I finally remembered. It was actually her role on Joan of Arcadia that I remembered her from.
    Yup, that was my first association when I saw her last week. "Hey, it's the tattooed, surfing, smoking ex-nun from Joan of Arcadia!"

What I'm finding most bizzare about the whole lawsuit-and-fallout storyline is that Owen, as chief of surgery, seems to be the one in charge (aside from the board, who we see every once in a while). Is there no chief of staff / dean of medicine / other bigwig in this hospital? Someone who would, you know, be ultimately responsible?

I know we see everything through surgery's eyes, but it sometimes seems like there aren't any other departments at this hospial. Other than the ER, which conveniently is also staffed entirely by surgeons trolling for patients.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    What I'm finding most bizzare about the whole lawsuit-and-fallout storyline is that Owen, as chief of surgery, seems to be the one in charge (aside from the board, who we see every once in a while). Is there no chief of staff / dean of medicine / other bigwig in this hospital? Someone who would, you know, be ultimately responsible?

I know we see everything through surgery's eyes, but it sometimes seems like there aren't any other departments at this hospial. Other than the ER, which conveniently is also staffed entirely by surgeons trolling for patients.
    Beyond the many unrealistic things depicted, the lack of a chief of staff is bizarre. The chief of surgery doesn't run a hospital.

All of us who said the drs would end up buying the hospital called it right.

vCash
    I did enjoy and Callie and Richard on their road trip. I like it when they mix up with different people.
    Also the new interns are feeling part of the scene now. But sometimes there are too many people!
    Yang's dwarf nicknames are too funny.
    Alex and his cases with kids, even teens, just love him.
    And Meredith eyeing the burritos!

vCash
    i was right! they are gonna buy the hospital- i need to stop being such a show bomber!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    If they're selling the building and land as a piece of property, then it shouldn't matter what is inside. If they're selling the hospital to a private company that operates hospitals, I'd think an ER is pretty crucial. A very odd plot point.
    I don't understand that either. So the hospital would only be used for non-emergency surgery? A sick person usually goes to an ER first before they are admitted. Or even a person with a broken leg wouldn't just show up in a bed. I can't think of anyone who has ever spent the night in the hospital without starting in the ER. (Except for scheduled surgery.) Would someone in labor just walk in the front door? And if anyone goes to another ER, it's not like they would tranfer them to Seattle Grace just to take up a bed while they are getting better or healing. I really don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    I don't understand that either. So the hospital would only be used for non-emergency surgery? A sick person usually goes to an ER first before they are admitted. Or even a person with a broken leg wouldn't just show up in a bed. I can't think of anyone who has ever spent the night in the hospital without starting in the ER. (Except for scheduled surgery.) Would someone in labor just walk in the front door? And if anyone goes to another ER, it's not like they would tranfer them to Seattle Grace just to take up a bed while they are getting better or healing. I really don't get it.
    I think Grey's Anatomy has put a disproportionate emphasis on the ER. In fact, most surgery at a hospital is of a non-emergency nature. Trauma surgeries start in the ER. They say Seattle Grace/Mercy West is a certified trauma center. Without an ER that would become useless. In reality most heart surgery, pediatric surgery, general surgery and certainly plastic surgery are not emergencies. That isn't to say someone might not urgently need the surgery, but they wouldn't be admitted via the ER. A woman in labor calls her doctor, goes to the hospital and is admitted. If she then needs a C section, she's transferred to surgery. A hospital could exist without an ER, but no traumas and likely it would be a highly specialized hospital. My point was if you're selling this hospital and it's a certified trauma center, why would you cut off the origin of those traumas? A hospital that has had a long history of having an ER would need a pre-planned reorganization to eliminate the ER. It would decrease the value rather than increase it to do that without extensive advance planning.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I still think that lady who's been 'helping' the hospital get ready to be sold hasn't been completely honest with everyone and has massive ulterior motives for what she's doing there (and it's not anything good). I just don't trust her much and hate what she's done to the hospital. I may be in the minority but I love the idea of the crash survivors buying the hospital because it would keep the heartbeat of the facility going and everyone would get to keep their jobs. It would also eliminate some of that hostility that the non survivors (edit: I mean the people who weren't on the plane...this does sound really dorky without a disclaimer, LOL) have towards the others which is obviously becoming an issue at the hospital. I've learned to just go with the flow when it comes to GA so I'm looking forward to seeing where things go next.

And April's new guy is quite a hottie. Can we keep him on the show for a while??!
    Last edited by HeatherC; 02-10-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    It would also eliminate some of that hostility that the non survivors have towards the others which is obviously becoming an issue at the hospital. I've learned to just go with the flow when it comes to GA so I'm looking forward to seeing where things go next.
    How can dead people have feelings?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast