Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Plus, if we focus on the child issue, she only left Zola with people she knew. She freaked when she was left with someone she didn't know. Besides, all hospital employees have to undergo strict background checks, and being babysat by a doctor when you're not feeling well is hardly neglect. It may not be the choice most women would make, but it's not like she left the kid at home alone for 24 hours.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    It's TV, and it's not even great TV, so you sometimes have to look for the metaphors and stop focusing on the fictional child
    Well said.

vCash
    Other than it being an explosive plot -- a very forced plot -- why in the world would the plane crash survivors sue the hospital for sending them to Boise to do a transplant? They all went willingly. Clearly there was some malfunction that caused the crash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Other than it being an explosive plot -- a very forced plot -- why in the world would the plane crash survivors sue the hospital for sending them to Boise to do a transplant? They all went willingly. Clearly there was some malfunction that caused the crash.
    That was a bit fuzzy, but I guess one could look at the process. Did the hospital look for the best mode of transportation vs. the cheapest. Was there something different in the decision? Did the hospital ask that short cuts be taken to get them there? We've seen the doctors fly to various locations for transplants and special surgeries, but was there something different about this? Did they use a flight company that has a bad track record or older planes?

vCash
    I enjoyed the episode - good parts:
    Bailey - luv her helping Arizona and Callie's look on her face when she saw Arizona in the hospital!
    Callie and Der - they are great together. I like how Der has really nice relationships with others (Sloan RIP, Bailey, Chief)
    Alex - buying the house. to him is that the only real home he has ever had? And rooming with Christina - will be entertaining!
    At first I did not see Owen and Christina together, but they grew on me - but now please break them up permanently!
    Christina and Mer - love them both as teachers!
    Jackson and the Chief - hilarious
    Jackson and April - please get rid of April. jackson is reacting properly by walking away from her!
    Lawsuit - not liking how it is going.
    new interns - ok

vCash
    I like the new interns except for the Izzie rip-off they are trying to hard-sell us. I hope I warm up to her soon, though, because she's obviously here to stay. I'm too busy wishing April wasn't on the show anyways.

I'm not sure where they're going with this "hospital under the bus" business, but if it means Owen is no longer chief, well... I mean, maybe there will have to be staff cutbacks.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I love April and Jackson.

vCash
    I wish they'd killed April instead of Lexie

vCash
    I wish they'd killed April instead of Lexie
    No one would have cared, so it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

vCash
    I also love April and Jackson connection. She's kinda been warmed up to me starting this season, so I do understand the people getting annoyed by her still

All I want to say about this episode is that I FREAKIN' HATE THE LAWSUIT GOING OVER THE TOP. I don't need for GA to see ridiculous, far-fetched, absurd lawsuits. Ally McBeal and Drop Dead Diva did that for me, ENOUGH!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I like April and Jackson too...

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Besides having the explosive plot thing, I took it to mean they are going after anyone and everyone who has got deep pockets, and that means backing it all the way down to who told you to get on the plane in the first place. But really I think its just a way to build the explosive plot thing.

vCash
    Can they actually sue the hospital? I don't think you can. I know in most other countries you couldn't because there would be an issue with causation and remoteness. Unless you can prove that Owen in his capacity as Chief, knew the plane or the charter company was unsafe, you can't sue the hospital.

I don't know US law but I'd be pretty upset if Grey's suddenly switched to being a US legal soap instead of a medical drama...

vCash
    They've established how they're suing the hospital. I still find that storyline obnoxious.

vCash
    They've established how they're suing the hospital. I still find that storyline obnoxious.
    Oh God. Shonda always gets her way and ruins the whole story!

vCash
    Did anybody else watch last night?

I really like the storylines they're developing with the interns - after eight seasons, there's just only so much you can do with the group that has been here from the start. (In terms of unique storylines, that is - not their limitations as actors).

I got this weird sense of almost, I dunno, pride! when I saw Meredith and Christina running their own ORs and being attendings. Wow, it really has been a long time.

Also couldn't help wondering if Alex calling Wilson "Princess" was a reference to Camilla Luddington's last major role.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I liked the show this week too and I also agree about feeling a weird sort of pride while watching Meredith and Cristina running their own areas now. I feel like we've watched them all grow up!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Just finished watching the last night's episode and WTH was that?! It was going SO WELL till the last minute that I was thinking how stupid I was blaming the writers for story jumping the shark lately! WTH was that?! Oh, my, God, are they serious???

vCash
    I didn't think it was a jump the shark moment at all?

vCash
    I didn't think it was a jump the shark moment at all?
    I meant coming this season. Killing those characters, affairs between certain characters. And all those moments were about to be redeemed until that last minute of the latest episode. But now that I come to think of it more, I think it sort of makes sense, in a way.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast