Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention from the first episode -

The director in Minnesota who told Christina she had to relax a little bit - REX VAN DE KAMP from Desperate Housewives!! I don't know anything else about the actor, but I love seeing random ABC actors I recognize from one show appear on another.

It took me ages to figure out why the intern that started off the show - Jo Wilson - looked so familiar, and then I realized that she was Kate in that Lifetime movie William and Kate
    And, Meredith's fater, Thatcher, is starring in Scandal, another ABC series which also happens to be directed by Shonda.

Anyone watching Private Practice? I haven't for a while, but heard that the show is running its last season this fall. I wonder if Kate Walsh would come back to GA for another or a couple of seasons. She's too great an actress and character!

vCash
    I've been meaning to pick up Scandal for awhile. It'll be interesting to see Thatcher not as a lost drunk wandering soul, which is how I remember him

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ Ohhh pick it up pick it up!! I love this show!! A little bit out there, but I love the fast pace and quick story telling. And the interesting little plot twists. Go catch up online so you know the history.

vCash
    ITA. Another interesting cast; Ellis Grey, Meredith's mom is the vice president here

vCash
    I actually kind of liked last night's episode. Enjoying the casting of William Daniels. Nice homage to St. Elsewhere, the original off beat medical drama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I actually kind of liked last night's episode. Enjoying the casting of William Daniels. Nice homage to St. Elsewhere, the original off beat medical drama.
    Me too. I assume Christina will be back in Seattle, but enjoy the her interactions with Culp and Daniels.
    Bailey cracked me up with her reactions to the new attendings invading her lounge and so sweet about Tuck going to kindergarten.
    Bleh with April and Jackson - he deserves better. Loved Mer saying the Chief slept with her mother also.
    Love Mer and Der's new house.
    Sara Ramirez is awesome as always, such a great actress.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I liked last night's episode too. Is Alex's new intern finally going to be the one?

Sara was riveting- my favourite was actually when she questioned the intern on why she was hitting on her.

Jackson's eyes alone make him worth watching.

And William Daniels and Christina were great. I actually hope she stays there for a while now.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Loved Mer saying the Chief slept with her mother also.
    Wasn't that hilarious!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I really enjoyed last night's episode too. It felt more like the Grey's of old with the quirky humor (loved the lines about the Chief sleeping with the moms and Meredith/Cristina's Skype sessions), some doctoring in the hospital (I liked the story with the woman who lost the weight), Cristina showing some random emotion (loved her scenes with the older doctor), and there were some great heart tugging moments too (the ending stuff with Derek talking about the settlement and Bailey's reaction to Tuck letting go of her hand). I wish I could remember the Chief's comments to Bailey because I think everyone should type those out and put them on a wall to read every day. Something about getting your hand back so what are you going to do with it. Fantastic speech by him and I also liked Callie & Arizona's scenes. Just a really great show overall last night and that made me so happy after all the emotional stuff earlier this season. Grey's is off to a great start this year and I hope they keep it up.

BTW-Gotta add my comments about how much I love Scandal! That show is fantastic and hopefully those of you who haven't watched it yet get caught up and start watching it now. It's awesome and the first season was only like 7-8 episodes or something so it should be easy to catch up!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    I really enjoyed last night's episode too. It felt more like the Grey's of old with the quirky humor (loved the lines about the Chief sleeping with the moms and Meredith/Cristina's Skype sessions), some doctoring in the hospital (I liked the story with the woman who lost the weight), Cristina showing some random emotion (loved her scenes with the older doctor), and there were some great heart tugging moments too (the ending stuff with Derek talking about the settlement and Bailey's reaction to Tuck letting go of her hand). I wish I could remember the Chief's comments to Bailey because I think everyone should type those out and put them on a wall to read every day. Something about getting your hand back so what are you going to do with it. Fantastic speech by him and I also liked Callie & Arizona's scenes. Just a really great show overall last night and that made me so happy after all the emotional stuff earlier this season. Grey's is off to a great start this year and I hope they keep it up.

BTW-Gotta add my comments about how much I love Scandal! That show is fantastic and hopefully those of you who haven't watched it yet get caught up and start watching it now. It's awesome and the first season was only like 7-8 episodes or something so it should be easy to catch up!
    Agree with you every bit! It was like watching revitalized Grey's Anatomy

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I'm liking, but not loving, the way the plane-crash aftermath is affecting the various characters. I wasn't a fan of the Meh-Derrek angst ... but without that they're pretty boring. I've wanted to slap Arizona for the first few episodes, despite her understandable if misdirected anger ... but that final scene in the shower with Callie was frickin' amazing. "This is my life now too." Powerful stuff.

Bailey continues to be completely fabulous, and one of the main reasons I'm still watching.

My favourite dynamic so far this season is Christina and the William Daniels character. Especially last week's episode. I'm glad Christina has a new mentor, she's a better person when she figures out she still has stuff to learn. And hey, what better mentor than William Daniels, who after all was a leading heart surgeon waaay back in his St. Elsewhere days!

I just hope the law suit against the airplane company doesn't become a big storyline for the rest of the season -- though I suspect it will. I wish they'd accepted the offer and just moved on. And Derek's argument -- "they need to learn from their mistakes so that others don't suffer" -- just didn't make sense to me. Surely the FAA does its own investigations of plane crashes, and doesn't just leave it up to the airplane company?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    ITA! And I think season 1 is just out on DVD now.

I think there's some far-fetchedness in the storylines, but I don't care. I don't even mind the super-sekret conspiracy storyline that's behind Quinn/Lindsey's situation, even tho I usually hate that kind of stuff. I can put that aside because the writing is so smart, the dialogue is so tight (I sometimes think I'm watching Sorkin!) ... and I'm in love with Olivia's wardrobe. ;-)

The scene from last week with the Pres changing Olivia's shoes ... wow, so much said without words there. Not sure about Abby & David though. She's been a total ass-hat all season, but she doesn't deserve to be used by David. (Though how great was it seeing a scruffy Josh Malina?

vCash
    I can't watch Christina's scenes with William Daniels without yelling "Feeny... Fe-he-he-heeny!" at the TV. But that may be generational.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ITA! And I think season 1 is just out on DVD now.

I think there's some far-fetchedness in the storylines, but I don't care. I don't even mind the super-sekret conspiracy storyline that's behind Quinn/Lindsey's situation, even tho I usually hate that kind of stuff. I can put that aside because the writing is so smart, the dialogue is so tight (I sometimes think I'm watching Sorkin!) ... and I'm in love with Olivia's wardrobe. ;-)

The scene from last week with the Pres changing Olivia's shoes ... wow, so much said without words there. Not sure about Abby & David though. She's been a total ass-hat all season, but she doesn't deserve to be used by David. (Though how great was it seeing a scruffy Josh Malina?
    I'm quadruple swoon at that

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I can't watch Christina's scenes with William Daniels without yelling "Feeny... Fe-he-he-heeny!" at the TV. But that may be generational.
    Oh, my

vCash
    I'd looooooooove if Christina'd stay in Mayo some more. I like how writers are being smart about her away from Seattle yet making it feel like she's in Seattle AND her relationships with doctors there! In the latest episode when Christina and Dr. Thomas were sitting on a bench, talking and laughing, it was like the best moment in this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    In the latest episode when Christina and Dr. Thomas were sitting on a bench, talking and laughing, it was like the best moment in this season.
    It was a great scene. Also, when he said he'd survived the plane crash when others had died, it was a nice correlation to her own experiences as well as Owen's.

vCash
    I keep forgetting that doctor's actual name because he's so solidly Mr. Feeny in my mind.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    LOL, definitely generational. I can't see him without thinking Dr. Mark Craig ... and I can't hear him without thinking KITT.

vCash
    As a lover of musicals, I can never see him without getting "Sit down, John! Sit down, John!" going around in my head.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    As a lover of musicals, I can never see him without getting "Sit down, John! Sit down, John!" going around in my head.

Yes ,I can't see him without thinking of 1776 either!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast