Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    You mean Derek, right?
    Yes, I thought Derek and wrote Alex. Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    What does "Jump the Shark" mean?
    Literally in reference to a "Happy Days" episode when Fonzie did, in fact, jump a shark.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpi...hark#section_1

vCash
    The idea is that the term "jumping the shark" is supposed the signal a moment when the show's creators have completely run out of ideas and that, from this moment on, the show will be a pile of unrecognizable crap.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...umpingTheShark

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Literally in reference to a "Happy Days" episode when Fonzie did, in fact, jump a shark.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumpi...hark#section_1
    Just even thinking about it.

Guys, who do you think will die in this season's finale?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    The idea is that the term "jumping the shark" is supposed the signal a moment when the show's creators have completely run out of ideas and that, from this moment on, the show will be a pile of unrecognizable crap.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...umpingTheShark
    that pretty much summs up greys for me now... :runs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Just even thinking about it.

Guys, who do you think will die in this season's finale?
    I don't think they've decided yet. Shonda Rhimes probably needs for this season to plod along until at least after the new year, then she'll "plot" -- a term I use loosely at this point -- someone or something's demise.

When I think of how good this show was the first couple of years and the circus it's become...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post

When I think of how good this show was the first couple of years and the circus it's become...
    I'm not so hot on this year/last season's finale, but I'm not sure the show was so brilliant before and terrible now. I also don't think that's how it's always been perceived. I remember a lot of griping about it alllll the way through. When it was the star-crossed lovers show with Meh and Duh's constant baggage, I found the show annoying. I loved it when the show finally put them together and mostly moved on. However, that didn't REALLY come until about season 4-5.

Someone on YouTube has the first three seasons up online. I've torn through them here and there, not always in order. It's nice to remember how the show was, and it's funny to see where certain characters have gone, not gone, etc. The show has always pulled bonehead manouvres (George and Izzy, killing Meredith's mom), including getting rid of fantastic characters (George), but it always managed to come back. I'm sure it will this time, but what a 1-2 blow with Lexie and Mark. I really loved those two characters, even when they weren't together, and they will really be missed. I'm sticking with to see how the show knits itself back together this time, but I also wouldn't mind if the show ended this season.

I get if I'm alone in this, but watching early seasons, I really miss Izzy. And I'd miss Burke if Isaiah Washington wasn't so insufferable. His character coming back (with a different actor?), now THAT would be awesome.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    No, first few seasons-Izzy was AWESOME. It was only later that she became somewhat insufferable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    No, first few seasons-Izzy was AWESOME. It was only later that she became somewhat insufferable.
    I agree. I can't remember exactly when she went off the rails...I think it had something to do with a deer?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I agree. I can't remember exactly when she went off the rails...I think it had something to do with a deer?
    I think the deer came after she had already become insufferable. She totally lost me when the George-Izzy thing happen. Shudder.

vCash
    I thought the first two seasons were brilliant. I swear you could feel the life being sucked out when they cut Denny's lvad. Still, season three had some great moments. Season four I excuse because there was a writers strike in the middle. Season five I thought picked up because despite the Denny's ghost story I liked the Owen PTSD storyline. It's been a steep decline since then. I don't see how it can last another season past this one, but maybe it will.

vCash
    Izzy was nearly unsalvageable after George, and I could have done without the cancer storyline, but I always loved her and Alex. I also liked the idea of Ms. Perfect faltering and not being able to deal with it, which I'm more than willing to blame most of everything post-George on. I think it would be interesting if she came back.

The first two seasons were great, I agree, but my point was they weren't without problems and posters here even commented on it endlessly. The Meredith & Derek angst show was beyond ridiculous, and I was really fed up when he called her a whore and got angry with her for moving on, effectively. Give me everything since over that.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andora View Post
    Izzy was nearly unsalvageable after George, and I could have done without the cancer storyline, but I always loved her and Alex. I also liked the idea of Ms. Perfect faltering and not being able to deal with it, which I'm more than willing to blame most of everything post-George on. I think it would be interesting if she came back.
    Katherine Heigle did offer to come back to Shonda but I heard they turned it down. My god, George-Izzy storyline was indeed RIDICULOUS. But this reminds me of dramatic scene where George let Mer know that it was him, by circling 007 on her palm That was really genius of writers!

The first two seasons were great, I agree, but my point was they weren't without problems and posters here even commented on it endlessly. The Meredith & Derek angst show was beyond ridiculous, and I was really fed up when he called her a whore and got angry with her for moving on, effectively. Give me everything since over that.
    That was just so out of line for me, too. And later when they set up and let go of Erica Han/Callie, I thought, WTH? But I did like the scenes/story where Meredith finally turned to a psychiatrist. I think the fact that I looooove Amy Madigan really helped

vCash
    I think the fact that they do have important themes and good storylines keeps it alive despite all the rubbish in it. It's such a shame though, to think how brilliant it could be without all the rubbish. Seasons 1 and 2 really were the best.

There have been so many great moments in the midst of the suckitude.

It was great when they finally got Meredith to see a therapist about not swimming and sticking her hand on the bomb. It was great that they FINALLY decided to explore why she was so ambivalent to life.

Owen's original PTSD storyline was great. George writing 007 on the hand made me scream. Meredith's voice over when the rig crashed with that premie baby last season gave me chills.

But the suckitude. Oh the suckitude. Izzie. Erica. The deer. And why did Izzie miraculously recover from stage 4 cancer while Lexie had to die in a crash? They should have killed her. I think death was the only way to redeem her character

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I think the fact that they do have important themes and good storylines keeps it alive despite all the rubbish in it. It's such a shame though, to think how brilliant it could be without all the rubbish. Seasons 1 and 2 really were the best.

There have been so many great moments in the midst of the suckitude.

It was great when they finally got Meredith to see a therapist about not swimming and sticking her hand on the bomb. It was great that they FINALLY decided to explore why she was so ambivalent to life.

Owen's original PTSD storyline was great. George writing 007 on the hand made me scream. Meredith's voice over when the rig crashed with that premie baby last season gave me chills.

But the suckitude. Oh the suckitude. Izzie. Erica. The deer. And why did Izzie miraculously recover from stage 4 cancer while Lexie had to die in a crash? They should have killed her. I think death was the only way to redeem her character
    Oh, my. I could not agree more on every point you made, especially the last one!!!! I think that was Shonda being greedy to keep the door open for "famed" Katherine. But the way they let her go made me question if that's worth it.

I think I rather like this season's start. I hate that they put Christina in all kinds of awful "accidents" but the way they have woven the second episode was amazing.

One thing I'm wondering is whether or when Alex would get the right girl for him. Izzie was perfect for him before she literally crushed him into pieces and that Megan girl from last season was also bad, more or less than Izzie. And I do wish they'd put Alex more in between the twisted sisters and make him something of it. These three create something special together.

vCash
    I never liked Merideth, but I loved Issie and George in the first season.
    Liked Alex and Lexie. Cristina was fantastic.
    This just isn't the same show that it started out as.
    I really don't care anymore if I watch it or not.

vCash
    Very few shows keep the same chemistry as they start with. But if it gets to a point where you don't like anything it has to offer, that's when you should leave.

vCash
    Oh, I forgot to mention from the first episode -

The director in Minnesota who told Christina she had to relax a little bit - REX VAN DE KAMP from Desperate Housewives!! I don't know anything else about the actor, but I love seeing random ABC actors I recognize from one show appear on another.

It took me ages to figure out why the intern that started off the show - Jo Wilson - looked so familiar, and then I realized that she was Kate in that Lifetime movie William and Kate

vCash
    The director in Minnesota who told Christina she had to relax a little bit - REX VAN DE KAMP from Desperate Housewives!! I don't know anything else about the actor, but I love seeing random ABC actors I recognize from one show appear on another.
    Steven Culp
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Culp
    Pretty impressive career.

It took me ages to figure out why the intern that started off the show - Jo Wilson - looked so familiar, and then I realized that she was Kate in that Lifetime movie William and Kate
    Camilla Luddington. She was on season four of Californication and appeared on a couple of episodes of True Blood this past summer. I think her American accent sucks.

vCash
    Christina's speech was really good, as was Owen in this episode. Out of Derek, Mark, and Owen, I definitely have the biggest crush on Owen...
    You're not alone, for a long time Owen has been the only reason I watch this show.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast