Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Poison ivy!

vCash
    So the dermatologist visit was a waste of time and copay. I saw a different doctor than last time who doesn't believe in prednisone (blames his hip replacement on it) and basically gave me an ointment rx and told me I was fine and this would be all I needed. I hope he's right but we'll see. It's popping up on my right wrist now, the inside of my lip, and my ear. So frustrating! I get to call in 24-48hours if gets worse. Doctor also lectured me that prednisone isn't candy...

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Doctor is an idiot. Prednisone is needed for a severe reaction. Would he have given it to you if you had it in your eyes?

vCash
    Who knows, probably not. After all, it's on the inside of my lip now. Waiting for this "super powerful" ointment. Watch it'll be what I was on last time...

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    (((Sarah))) I wonder if you may have gotten it from your horse, too. The oil seems to remain in hair for quite awhile.

vCash
    Thankfully it's still not too bad yet, but I definitely have more and more itchy spots (currently without blisters). We'll see how it goes. Considering this is exactly how the poison ivy started last time, but... Oh well, I guess I get to try this doctor's treatment (ointment so far has done nothing... at least the other ointment I had made my skin tingle, this just does nothing) for the prescribed time period (call in 24-48 hrs is things get worse and by the end of the week if it doesn't improve).

I did find poison ivy near the horse fence... Bright red spring leaves. I found some in the spot where we put up a temporary fence so I may have gotten caught up in it myself without realizing it. That said, I didn't walk the fence line (once I found some where I had been working, I figured even if I didn't come in contact with that, if its in one location, it's likely in several places) so it's very possible that it exists elsewhere as well. There is more grass outside of the horse field than inside at the moment so the horses are sticking there heads through to graze. In addition to grass, there's a lot of other plant growth outside of the field...

vCash
    Well, I spoke too soon. It's really bad today. Spread to over half of my face, both hands and both arms, and is starting on my legs and chest. I did go back to the doctor yesterday and got my prednisone from awful doctor (I'm NEVER seeing him again). When I walked in, the people at the front desk were shocked at how much worse I looked. Then when I met with Stupid Doctor, he said something flip like, "oh, not feeling better?" Um. Look at me. Didn't ask how much it had spread, how itchy it was, etc. Just, "well, I guess we'll give you prednisone. Are you happy now?" UM NO. I am NOT happy. If I had been put on the prednisone on MONDAY, chances are I wouldn't look or itch this bad!!!! Such a frustrating experience. I'm glad I finally have meds (but I should have gotten them right away). Let's hope they start working quickly!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Idiot doctor. I'm glad you got the prednisone, but it sucks that because of a moron, you had to get it after it got worse. Hopefully, this is noted in your file so that if it happens again, you can get the prednisone right away. I agree that it isn't something that should be prescribed willy nilly but for someone who is severely allergic to poison ivy, it's necessary!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234