Title-less
    vCash
    Sui/Han: according to http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-11-...96282779.shtml
    Sui is diagnosed as having 骨骺炎 and the team didn't train much after that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Sui/Han: according to http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-11-...96282779.shtml
    Sui is diagnosed as having 骨骺炎 and the team didn't train much after that
    骨骺炎 is an inflammation (炎) of what I guess is the epiphysis (骨骺 - couldn't find a dictionary to confirm that, but it has to do with the end of the bone, at any rate)

vCash
    Any news on Nan Song?

Title-less
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    骨骺炎 is an inflammation (炎) of what I guess is the epiphysis (骨骺 - couldn't find a dictionary to confirm that, but it has to do with the end of the bone, at any rate)
    She has Osgood-Schlatter disease IMO
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Could someone please re-post for those of us who have no kiss and cry access? Thanks much.

vCash
    Repost from Eislauffan:

"Nan Song was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a concussion. He was to be released today (Sunday) and should rest for two weeks I heard this morning. I don't think we'll see him in Paris for Trophee Bompard."

vCash
    Hope Song has a swift recovery.

Love the quad twist by P/Z at CoC

vCash
    Cross posting my post from the CoC SONG Nan injury thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Nan Song was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a concussion. He was to be released today (Sunday) and should rest for two weeks I heard this morning. I don't think we'll see him in Paris for Trophee Bompard.
    (((SONG Nan))) Fans reported that he attended the CoC banquet with neck support, but was in good spirits. SONG Nan had 2 weibo posts on 11/3: "I cannot remember anything, what happened to me?" and "Can someone tell me what happened?"

Brief translation of Sina sports interview:

When interviewed in the hotel, SONG Nan said the injury was diagnosed as a concussion with temporary amnesia, but if the recovery goes well, he still wants to compete at TEB.

ISU CoC press center posted an announcement that SONG Nan stayed in the hospital overnight and was discharged on Sunday, he needs to rest for 14 days.

During the interview, SONG wore white chin/neck support, but was in good spirits. He said the neck is not injured, doctors did not say for how long he should wear the chin/neck support. No major problem diagnosed, only concussion. He became sober about 3am and totally could not remember how the accident happened. He kept asking the team doctor whether he competed and how did he finish. He later watched the video clip of collision, and the first area hit was probably the right chin. On the video he briefly talked to the medical staff, but he cannot remember it at all. Right now his teeth have some broken pieces which affect eating and talking.

The collision forced SONG Nan to withdraw from the competition, but he said he was able to accept it. "Maybe everyone was highly concentrated during the competition, and accidents happen." When asked whether he will stop training and competing in the next two weeks, he said: "Probably not, I think the doctor was conservative. If there is not much of a problem, I can try to remove the chin/neck support and adapt to training. There are competitions coming up, if recovery goes well I will participate in TEB. The pre-Olympic season is very important, but it has been a bumpy year for me. "

Finally, SONG Nan asked his fans not to worry, "currently my chin hurts a bit and the back of the head feels very heavy, but there should not be any problem."

vCash
    Great picture of Song and Daisuke from the CoC banquet. This weibo post says Dai's coach Utako Nagamitsu won a Samsung galaxy phone at the raffle, she and Dai decided to give it to Song and wished him speedy recovery. Dai also said he hopes to see Song at 4CC.
    Last edited by jjane45; 11-04-2012 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Great picture of Song and Daisuke from the CoC banquet. This weibo post says Dai's coach won a Samsung galaxy phone at the raffle, he and Dai decided to give it to Song and wished him speedy recovery. Dai also said he hopes to see Song at 4CC.
    The same weibo poster also said Rippon won the final prize (iPad) at the lucky draw and when he went on stage, he apologized to Song and wished him a speedy recovery (but didn't give Song his iPad ).

Song also said he aims to resume training soon and compete at TEB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    ...Rippon won the final prize (iPad) at the lucky draw and when he went on stage, he apologized to Song and wished him a speedy recovery (but didn't give Song his iPad ).

^^

Good that Adam was provided with a public forum in which to apologize to Song for the unfortunate collision. Surely he also spoke to Song privately as well. I wouldn't give up my lucky win of an iPad either -- it wouldn't help Song recover any faster.

Thanks jjane45 for the link to that great photo of Dai and Nan -- two handsome guys and wonderful skaters!

vCash
    So relieved Nan is on his feet with good spirit! Love those reports, thanks for posting them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^

Good that Adam was provided with a public forum in which to apologize to Song for the unfortunate collision. Surely he also spoke to Song privately as well. I wouldn't give up my lucky win of an iPad either -- it wouldn't help Song recover any faster.

Thanks jjane45 for the link to that great photo of Dai and Nan -- two handsome guys and wonderful skaters!
    Personally, I'd prefer a Samsung to an Apple anyway :p Although since I have an iPhone, I guess that makes quite the hypocrit

Anyhoo, thanks a lot for the news jjane45 - and great to see Song back on his feet!

vCash
    ^^

No, but Song could maybe be distracted from training with cute cat videos, and then he'd be less of a competitive threat.

I hope Song takes it slowly. "Just" a concussion. . . concussions can have some pretty serious aftereffects. Wishing him full healing.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I hope Song takes it slowly. "Just" a concussion. . . concussions can have some pretty serious aftereffects. Wishing him full healing.
    Exactly my thought too while reading that article. Bumpy year for him indeed, I wish him well.

vCash
    Thanks all for the updates and reports. I hope Song takes it slow and does not rush back to the ice. I've had an experience similar to what he's describing and that was not fun. Balance can be tricky for a few days, even for things like going down the stairs, so I can only imagine how tough it would be to skate.

Speeky recovery Song!

vCash
    ^^
    Forgot to mention it's especially nice as Song stated in old interviews that his figure skating idols are Alexei Yagudin and Daisuke Takahashi

vCash
    Thanks for the info about Song Nan, jjane45!

That poor boy really has some bad luck! Wishing Song a speedy recovery.

vCash
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-11-...96281850.shtml

Very emotional article on ZHANG Hao's transition to the new partnership and his condition. Anyone interested in translating the highlights?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast