Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Really? Which video? I think they've moved over to zhao hongbo's group in Beijing. Hence the major improvement in skating skills and presentation.
    here's the video of their last free skate at jgp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXC4E_0D2h0

the woman at the boards seems to be bo luan or?

vCash
    Kexin has a neurological issue that causes her hands and fingers to tremble so that she has no control over them. The doctors can't figure out what's wrong. So for now she has to skate with fists. Obviously it affects her presentation overall as well.
    Ah, I had no idea. That is horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    here's the video of their last free skate at jgp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXC4E_0D2h0

the woman at the boards seems to be bo luan or?
    I read somewhere that Y/J did move to Zhao, but Luan Bo just traveled with them to competitions b/c Zhao was busy with the seniors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorlight View Post
    I read somewhere that Y/J did move to Zhao, but Luan Bo just traveled with them to competitions b/c Zhao was busy with the seniors.
    okay, that might be and would be such a gradation; in their isu bio bo luan is still listed as their head coach, but we know how not up to date these bios are sometimes

progress with y/j is obvious, whoever caused that, good job. this pair is promising.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    okay, that might be and would be such a gradation; in their isu bio bo luan is still listed as their head coach, but we know how not up to date these bios are sometimes

progress with y/j is obvious, whoever caused that, good job. this pair is promising.
    Y/J were at the open practices in Beijing along with the other couples coached by Zhao (Luan Bo coaches in Harbin). I think Luan Bo was given the task of taking the junior pairs teams to the JGPs while Zhao worked with the others in Beijing (and waited for Shen Xue to give birth!). Luan works for the Chinese federation after all, and one of the junior pairs still trains with her, so it makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Ah, I had no idea. That is horrible.
    I know! Obviously she is not particularly naturally talented with presentation and musicality, but it takes real mental toughness to concentrate on her technical elements when she has this neurological issue that no one can diagnose or treat, and which is just getting worse and worse. I would totally be freaked out!

vCash
    I am very happy that Y/J have also been pulled to Yao Bin's team. Bo Luan obviously is not Chinese Federation's favourite but so far she's failed where Yao Bin succeeded. She needs to change her attitude and start seeing the bigger picture.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    For a while, though, Yao Bin didn't have much success in finding anyone after the Zhangs, while Bo Luan looked like she was bringing up some talented Juniors, like Wing/Lowe are doing in Canada and Nina Mozer did for years in Russia. Ding/Ren won two Jr. Worlds medals in the early 00's, Sui/Han were her team until this season, Yu/Jin have done very well, including making JGPF for the last two seasons and winning both of their JGP events this season. Her teams have a lot more expression from the start than Bin Yao's have, and I doubt she's had the same support and infrastructure as Bin Yao.

I'm excited to hear about the program he's finally implemented -- I wouldn't be surprised if Hongbo Zhao has had a lot to do with it, and Pang/Tong are good role models in that regard -- and that his training methods aren't as frightening as Bo Luan's, but she has had some success along the way when he had it with no new teams.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I think Luan Bo and Yao Bin both have their strengths and weaknesses. They both teach great twists and throws. Yao Bin's couples have better basic skating skills and single jumps; Luan Bo's couples have better chemistry and personal relationships. For yea's, YB's couples had good technical elements but didn't relate to each other well on ice (S/Z and P/T both developed their chemistry very late, while Z/Z never found it), whereas both S/H and Y/J have good on-ice chemistry and off-ice relationship -- the male partners are all super sweet and protective of their female partners, which is so nice to see.
    But Zhao's coaching style seems to combine the best of both worlds: great techniques and great personal relationships.
    I would say that prior to joining Zhao's group, S/H were regressing due to injuries (Sui's injury was in large part due to over-training of the quad-twists and quad-throws that Luan was making them repeat over and over; and it was said on Chinese skating forums that Luan sent Sui home and off the ice for a month or more because she didn't like Sui's attitude, and that this is a rather common method for punishment in her group), and Y/J had largely stalled. Y/J's poor skating skills were keeping them back: until this season, they hadn't improved since their GP debut in 2011.
    Luan certainly has had some success with junior couples, but in part it's because she's in charge of pairs coaching in Harbin, the hometown for the majority of competitive Chinese skaters. Every pairs skater from Harbin probably has to go through her group at some point. I'm really glad for S/H and Y/J that they now have Zhao's guidance.
    Hopefully Luan learns something positive from this experience: how to help her remaining pairs improve using methodology similar to those that have helped S/H and Y/J improve so much so quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfanfun View Post
    Same here, totally blown away by this new team! Such incredible charisma and chemistry, great ability in performance and interpretation. That Singing in the Rain was to die for. Love them. The choreographer did a great job picking two pieces of music that really suit them well and bring out their personality and showcase some kind of versatility . Good job for the team!
    Actually, the Singing in the Rain program was skated last season by Wang Lei with his previous partner Zhang Yue. So it was definitely not a program designed for Wang and Wang. I think it just goes to show how amazing Wang Xuehan is! I really enjoyed seeing their interactions just after finishing their programs and in the KnC. Despite being quite a few years older, Wang Lei was very solicitous and even affectionate with Wang Xuehan (I'd never before seen a Chinese male pair skater proactively holding the girl's hand in the KnC unless they were romantically involved).

vCash
    Kexin has a neurological issue that causes her hands and fingers to tremble so that she has no control over them. The doctors can't figure out what's wrong. So for now she has to skate with fists. Obviously it affects her presentation overall as well.
    OMG, I'm so sorry for Kexin. I didn't know about it at all. I'm also sorry for what I said, true as it is it's inappropriate to say that given the circumstance. I salute Kexin's courage!

vCash
    I know! Obviously she is not particularly naturally talented with presentation and musicality, but it takes real mental toughness to concentrate on her technical elements when she has this neurological issue that no one can diagnose or treat, and which is just getting worse and worse. I would totally be freaked out!
    I knew her issues before. But I didn't know her issues were getting worse. So sorry for her. I occasionally visited weibo to see her microblog and I noticed there were more photos of her smiling face on it than before. So I thought she'd been recovering. All I can do is just pray for her...

vCash
    Article in English about Zijun Li after her rough showing at Cup of China and before her withdrawal from NHK: http://english.sina.com/sports/2013/1102/642596.html
    Excerpt:
    "The result from Cup of China just faithfully reflected her bad condition both physically and mentally in the recent days," commented Li's coach Li Mingzhu, who's also in charge of the Chinese women's national figure skating team.

"I'm quite disappointed with the result. That's for sure," admitted the teenage sensation. "But I've given all I have. It's the first time that I've completed a whole routine of free skating since last summer."

After coming to the summit of her career so far by finishing the seventh at 2013 world championships earlier this spring, Li is regarded a promising future star of the Chinese figure skating next to Chen Lu, the former world champion back to 1990s.

The Changchun native, however, kept going low after then and hit the bottem here at her first GP this season at home.

"What Li's experiencing is the common problems of women skaters at the age of puberty," said Li Mingzhu.

"She's getting taller and bigger, but losing power and coordination. She's been feeling overwhelmed from time to time even during routine sessions of training, and has been absent from regular training series for a long time.

"The bad conditions of physical also cost her of self-confidence. That's why she made errors on unexpected parts, that should not happening," added the coach.

On Li's schedule, the teenager skater will compete in the NHK Trophy in just a week. "I'll put all my strength in preparing for the next GP, rather than regretting for the bad position here and thinking too much of the coming Winter Olympics," she said. "That's the right thing to do right now."

"We hope that Li Zijun could go back to the right track as soon as possible, but no one can tell," said her coach. "What we can do is just to get her less burdened and to encourage her more."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Any Zijun Li updates?

vCash
    So hoping Zijun can get through this difficult period and be back on track. I'll be absolutely crushed if not. But she has plenty of time and seasons ahead of her so fingers crossed.

Title-less
    vCash
    More news articles about pairs:
    花滑冬奥会轮廓渐清晰 双人滑名单月底定彭张领先
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-12-...96923619.shtml
    P/Z ahead of S/H in terms of selection

庞清/佟健:夺铜牌也开心 闫涵:没难度啥都白扯
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-12-...06922284.shtml
    Now that Yan Han's lost in tes, he mentioned it's not easy being senior. He said he needed to upp his technical

庞/佟索契争奖牌还有戏 佟健:深吻不是设计好的
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-12-...06921086.shtml
    Tong: the kiss was not planned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    庞/佟索契争奖牌还有戏 佟健:深吻不是设计好的
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-12-...06921086.shtml
    Tong: the kiss was not planned.

vCash
    Argh sounds like Yao Bin was not happy with Yan Han's performances at the GPF. He should keep in mind that Yan at least he made GPF and beat Song's SB by about 30 points.

The situation with ladies and pairs are clear now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    More news articles about pairs:
    花滑冬奥会轮廓渐清晰 双人滑名单月底定彭张领先
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-12-...96923619.shtml
    P/Z ahead of S/H in terms of selection
    Good, my aesthetic feelings prefer P/Z. Although S/H were 'different' in trying the quad twist, now P/Z can do quad twist too, and P/Z have so much better presentation.

vCash
    I love Peng and Zhang. He always was the more expressive of the Zhangs and she is wonderful for a 16 year old. I wonder if they can develop even more, I can see podium material for next year. Their sp music is really captivating too

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast