Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

vCash
    Linichuk has not had any top teams lately.

vCash
    It would help if those ice dance teams actually got sent to international competitions...

Title-less
    vCash
    庞清佟健备战冬奥膝伤拖后腿 心态乐观咬牙坚持
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...46831934.shtml
    Tong was having knee issues. Wasn't in v good condition

姚滨:索契冬奥中国花滑基本死定了 夺冠几率1%
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...66834622.shtml
    Yao Bin not too optimistic about the Olympics

公开课合乐喜忧参半 中国花样滑冰队进入战时状态
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...66843514.shtml
    During the open session, Chinese top pairs made their share of mistakes

Zhao rented an apartment (flat? room?) for his family. Sounds like the name for the baby will be Zhao Xue Er, not Jie Xue like it was reported earlier
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...96834552.shtml

vCash
    I think the ladies will possibly place better than the pairs this season. There are one very weathered and injured pair and two very new, sloppy pairs. I don't believe they can even make top 5 at Sochi if the Russian pairs, Canadian pairs and German pair are even half decent. Li Zijun and Zhang Kexin both have great potential, but they need to be healthy first.

vCash
    Poor Bo Luan. Sui/Han have been snatched away from her and moved to Yao Bin. It's probably in their best interest, though.

vCash
    A rather timely upgrade at this point, I'd say... Her coaching method probably in part caused sui's overuse injury.
    As a consolation for Luan, it's zhao hongbo who's coaching them, not Yao bin.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    During the Skate Canada coverage, the Canadian broadcasters said that Sui/Han were being coached both by Yao bin and Zhao Hongbo.

S/H looked great in the SP.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Sui Wenjing/Hang Cong - ISU Biography

Yao Bin, Zhao Hongbo and Han Bing are named as coaches.

vCash
    It's so strange to me how there has not been a strong follow up generation in either pairs or dance. Not that there was any tradition in dance, but the programs have not been productive of depth to any extent, and I find this somewhat puzzling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    It's so strange to me how there has not been a strong follow up generation in either pairs or dance. Not that there was any tradition in dance, but the programs have not been productive of depth to any extent, and I find this somewhat puzzling.
    China has tons of ice dance teams. Unfortunately they aren't given any competition opportunities.

I think the 'saving face' attitudes are really hurting their skating development. And the fact that the system is so top down and bureaucratic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    姚滨:索契冬奥中国花滑基本死定了 夺冠几率1%
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...66834622.shtml
    Yao Bin not too optimistic about the Olympics
    In his pragmatic wisdom, Coach Yao is playing the "lower your expectation" game again. Is he in charge of the entire team now? He said the Chinese figure skating team is "dead for sure" in Sochi. I suppose after Shen/Zhao's gold, anything less would be "dead."

vCash
    Yao Bin hasn't been taking care of day-to-day training since his surgery. There have been a couple of open practice sessions this fall, and he wasn't at the boards with any of the pairs. If he's back in the rink at all, I'd think he's focusing all his energy on P/T. It's nice of him to at least mention S/H in this latest article; in the previous interviews he didn't mention them when discussing the Chinese pairs' prospects at the Olympics...
    He says in all interviews that P/T are guaranteed to go the Olympics b/c of their results at the last Olympics. I wish they wouldn't be so sure about that until P/T have skated in some competitions and shown what they are still capable of. JMHO.

vCash
    Sui & Han are phenomal! Here's hoping they podium at Sochi!

Title-less
    vCash
    Article about Yao Bin's surgery and a bit about his life/career
    姚滨忆两次大手术和几次落泪:花滑是这辈子的选择
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...76849010.shtml

I'm afraid I am not good at translating tech terms about his operations. (On top of that, I feel pain just reading it)

This article is about Shen Xue helping out at the rink
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...76849602.shtml

张昊否认将退役:我还这么年轻 要参加五六届奥运
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-10-...66850077.shtml
    Zhang thinks he is too young to retire. He may do one or two more Olympics

vCash
    Wang/Wang - I haven't been this excited about a Pair team for a very long time.

For a Chinese team doing their first international competition, they were incredibly well packaged and polished. Potential seems to be incredible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

For a Chinese team doing their first international competition, they were incredibly well packaged and polished. Potential seems to be incredible.
    absolutely agree with your words ziggy.

excited to see them with sui/han, peng/zhang and Yu/Jin going into the next quad. chinese pairs need 3 spots back, as soon as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think the ladies will possibly place better than the pairs this season. There are one very weathered and injured pair and two very new, sloppy pairs. I don't believe they can even make top 5 at Sochi if the Russian pairs, Canadian pairs and German pair are even half decent. Li Zijun and Zhang Kexin both have great potential, but they need to be healthy first.
    Actually, based on the results of Cup of China, I don't really worry about the results of Chinese pairs at the Olympics or generally about the future of Chinese pairs. Both Sui-Han in Skate Canada and Peng-Zhang in Cup of China looked pretty decent. I am impressed how quickly Peng caught up- she definitely did not look out of place at this senior international competition. And despite their injury Pang-Tong managed to beat Savchenko-Szolowy in the SP and placed pretty decent 2nd place overall. There was quite reasonable pair Wang-Wang; their time will come in the next four years after Pang-Tong retires.

vCash
    Poor Bo Luan. Sui/Han have been snatched away from her and moved to Yao Bin. It's probably in their best interest, though.
    Not sure if it is because of the change of coaches, but Sui's basics are so much better this year. I remember watching them 2 years ago and although they had VERY impressive elements, the state of their basic skating and transitions were quite painful. For example, I don't remember seeing another senior pair who would scratch so much on back crossovers. Watching her now at Cup of China, their basics look so much better...I wonder if the year when she was injured, maybe they couldn't do anything difficult (jumps, lifts etc) but maybe she could do basic skating and worked on that a lot. Or it might be that their new coach spent a lot of time fixing that.

vCash
    Same here, totally blown away by this new team! Such incredible charisma and chemistry, great ability in performance and interpretation. That Singing in the Rain was to die for. Love them. The choreographer did a great job picking two pieces of music that really suit them well and bring out their personality and showcase some kind of versatility . Good job for the team!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Wang/Wang's choreographer is listed as Helen Jiang. If only China's ice dancers had the natural expression of (she) Wang or Peng.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast