Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    China's 4 Continents team includes Sui/Han, Kexin Zhang, and Han Yan!

Ladies:
    Bingwa GENG
    Zijun LI
    Kexin ZHANG
    I hope she really is there! I took a liking to her last season, here is to a good competition for her!

vCash
    Some updates.
    1. According to Xiaoyang Yu's weibo, S/H will not compete in 4cc although they are on the list. WZ will be in.
    2. Xue Shen has been pregnant for more than 6 weeks.

vCash
    Moving YAN Han up is the surprise, finally!

Let's see if ZHANG Kexin stays. At least there is hope now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceflame View Post
    Some updates.
    1. According to Xiaoyang Yu's weibo, S/H will not compete in 4cc although they are on the list.
    Apparently working toward the worlds! Wow... Hope she is not rushing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceflame View Post
    2. Xue Shen has been pregnant for more than 6 weeks.
    I saw that online but it wasn't officially confirmed yet was it? Chinese usually do not announce pregnancy until after 3 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    China's 4 Continents team includes Sui/Han, Kexin Zhang, and Han Yan!

vCash
    Go Han! he is amazing!!

vCash
    I saw Zijun and Ziquan live in Volvo Cup! They were amazing! And I talked to them after the competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    I saw Zijun and Ziquan live in Volvo Cup! They were amazing! And I talked to them after the competition
    They can speak English? Anything interesting?

Zijun is proved to be quite a little performer Great debut season so far, I was only able to saw her short. Hope she get to place top 10 at worlds.

Good news about KeXin not going into 'rumour' retirement, otherwise it would be too sad of a loss.

Oh yeah and I read that Xue's 6 week pregnancy on weibo too Sooo happy for S&Z, a skating baby royalty on the way... though I don't think is officially confirmed? Though there's that lovely green blue dress that hid her figure very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post

Good news about KeXin not going into 'rumour' retirement, otherwise it would be too sad of a loss.
    Zijun, Kexin, and Bingwa trained under coach LI Mingzhu in Artesia, CA for an extended period time (along with Caroline ZHANG), I assume they communicate fine in English.

I am cautiously happy that Kexin is on the 4CC roster. Although she appeared in the Chinese Nationals roster until the very last minute but did not skate there...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post

Zijun is proved to be quite a little performer Great debut season so far, I was only able to saw her short. Hope she get to place top 10 at worlds.

Oh yeah and I read that Xue's 6 week pregnancy on weibo too Sooo happy for S&Z, a skating baby royalty on the way... though I don't think is officially confirmed? Though there's that lovely green blue dress that hid her figure very well.
    Yep, they can speak english They didn't said nothing too interesting, they just said that they love Riga and that the ice was very good.

But anyways - it was so cool to see them live and talk with them. ^^

vCash
    Some updates on Chinese forums re: ZHANG Kexin. It's reported that she resumed training at the end of last year when her old coach returned to the national team. Regained most jumps and is working to improve program consistency. SP music is Dream of Love, LP Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

Go Kexin!!

vCash
    Nausicaa!!! <3

Damnit China once again sends only two teams to 4CC even though they have tons competing at the national level. Come on, send more skaters to international comps DAMNIT!

I mean they have incredible resources compared to most federations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Nausicaa!!! <3

Damnit China once again sends only two teams to 4CC even though they have tons competing at the national level. Come on, send more skaters to international comps DAMNIT!

I mean they have incredible resources compared to most federations.
    None of the other dance team had any international competition results to get the MTS that required

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Some updates on Chinese forums re: ZHANG Kexin. It's reported that she resumed training at the end of last year when her old coach returned to the national team. Regained most jumps and is working to improve program consistency. SP music is Dream of Love, LP Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

Go Kexin!!

Gosh tall order it is one of my fav piece of music (Kozuka last used it and didn't do it justice), but then Chen Lu did it before and Kexin can do a great job! Best of luck!! So glad all the politics seems to be sorted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whispering View Post
    None of the other dance team had any international competition results to get the MTS that required
    Which is because Chinese Fed never sent any other dance teams anywhere. Ever. -_-

vCash
    ZHANG He has returned to competition after injury! According to tieba posts he did a domestic junior competition 1/26-27, scoring 59+ for SP and 119+ for LP.

vCash
    New article on PANG/TONG, ignore the photo sigh. Quick summary:

PANG / TONG did not take any break during the Chinese New Year because he is going thru injections, ultrasound, and various medical treatments. "Two weeks from the World Championships, there is no time to lose."

The injections TONG received did not bring satisfactory results, doctors advised that they should withdraw from Worlds to buy more time for Sochi Olympics. "But this year's Worlds are too important to give up, and there is no guarantee that the knee will recover fully after surgery."

TONG says he is "clinging onto" his jump attempts. "Tried the double axels. Also tried one triple toe last Tuesday and Thursday. On Friday it was very painful, and I dared not to continue jumping on Saturday."

He says he can still compete at Worlds but definitely is not in the best condition. Cannot quite bend the knees and lost some speed. Hoping to last through both programs and aiming at top six, the qualification (for 3 spots) is not easy.

"If the knee surgery after Worlds can solve the problem, we will absolutely compete at Sochi Olympics. If the surgery is not successful, we have no alternative but to give it our best."
    Last edited by jjane45; 02-19-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: outrageous spelling, sorry

vCash
    Also returning from injury are SUI Wenjing / HAN Cong.

At the moment rumor has it that SONG Nan gets Worlds and YAN Han goes to Junior Worlds. <--- strike it, the suspense goes on!
    Last edited by jjane45; 02-19-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Han YAN is no longer listed in the Men's entries for Junior Worlds as of today (Boyang JIN and He ZHANG are the 2 men listed), so does this mean he will go to Worlds in London?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast