Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Chinese skating updates and reports

It's about time to have an ongoing thread for Chinese skating! News articles, weibo updates, message board reports, credible rumors , general discussions... Translations especially appreciated!!!

There is a separate Chinese National Competitions 2012/2013 season thread in the Kiss & Cry forum, please feel free to cross post as well!

vCash
    YAN Han did not appear to be in top form at JGP Slovenia. I attempted to translate YAN Han's relevant weibo updates and replies and may have caused some confusions. Please correct if they are off, thanks!!

9/29 16:39 follow up reply in a different post "腰胯肩疼" - literally waist, hips, and shoulder pain.
    9/29 04:56 follow up reply: "Nothing wrong, did not skate well"
    9/26 08:53 weibo post was pretty hard to translate, it paraphrases like this: "Always something wrong once leaving Haerbin (training base), it's either swollen (?) or fever. So miserable, don't want to be at Haerbin in the future."

Granted, this is a teenage boy's "twitter" and a post about pain could be just an ordinary fall or more notable injury that affects competition. Hope he is well!

vCash
    Current "disabled list" as reported on message boards, no news sources
    (to expect news sources on Chinese skating would wipe out 90% of the speculation fun, hehe)

SUI Wenjing is off the ice due to injury, GP status uncertain for SUI/HAN
    ZHANG He is or was injured, withdrew from JGP

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thanks for starting this thread but can you ask a mod. to move it to GSD please? (since it's a current news thread)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I don't know Sylvia! GSD seems to be more strict about the source of news updates, while for Chinese skating there is rarely anything official.

vCash
    We already have a thread from last season in GSD but I agree there's not that much news about chinese figure skating
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81949

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    ^^^ I was hoping we could have a new Chinese skating news thread for the new season, but sometimes important news gets lost or missed when posted in the general threads.

Ah, okay, I see your point, jjane45. We seem to have more Chinese posters these days, so hopefully they will contribute news-type items here.

If any important Chinese skating news articles (for example, regarding Sui/Han's Grand Prix status) from credible media sources are published online, hopefully a separate thread can be started/links will be posted in GSD.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-04-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    No articles in sight for ZHANG Kexin's withdrawal from grand prix series. It's rumored that she is not injured. There were reports back in the summer that she had conflicts with her coaching team and considered retirement... #hearsayinfo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    No articles in sight for ZHANG Kexin's withdrawal from grand prix series. It's rumored that she is not injured. There were reports back in the summer that she had conflicts with her coaching team and considered retirement... #hearsayinfo
    Hope it was just a rumor. She's so lovely on ice, and her performances at 2012 Worlds were just fabs!

vCash
    Article in Chinese on P/T's condition before Skate America
    http://news.sports.cn/figureskating/...-16/16504.html

My (questionable) attempt at translating the highlights:

TONG injured his neck nerve in strength training. PANG talked about various old injuries of TONG including knee, ankle, and back. She said something along the line of "we barely have any healthy body parts now".

They have added more off-ice training but it was ineffective. TONG's bad knee makes warm up increasingly difficult, at the beginning of every session he needs to do many swizzles on ice, and even that is not always helpful.

They are not giving up the first GP despite of subpar physical condition and slower progress with their new programs. TONG also said "we cannot back up (now) because of difficulties, or it will be impossible to manage crucial competitions in the future. It's the most critical to bravely step onto the ice and finish the competition. If we see problems (at Skate America), we'll tackle them at home."
    Last edited by jjane45; 10-16-2012 at 09:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Hope it was just a rumor. She's so lovely on ice, and her performances at 2012 Worlds were just fabs!
    A coach posted on weibo that minor injury caused Kexin ZHANG to withdraw from GP. I am not exactly convinced though.

vCash

TONG injured his neck nerve in strength training. PANG talked about various old injuries of TONG including knee, ankle, and back. She said something along the line of "we barely have any healthy body parts now".

They have added more off-ice training but it was ineffective. TONG's bad knee makes warm up increasingly difficult, at the beginning of every session he needs to do many swizzles on ice, and even that is not always helpful.

They are not giving up the first GP despite of subpar physical condition and slower progress with their new programs. TONG also said "we cannot back up (now) because of difficulties, or it will be impossible to manage crucial competitions in the future. It's the most critical to bravely step onto the ice and finish the competition. If we see problems (at Skate America), we'll tackle them at home."
    That doesn't sound very promising.

vCash

Oh god, that sounds horrible. They just need to let go and rest!

But it looks like the fed is pushing them to do this .

vCash
    Poor P/T

I was really looking forward to seeing them this season. I still hope they do well.

vCash
    I enjoy P&T skating but I do hope they take care of their health. Suffering pain and relying on drugs(to ease the pain) in old age is not worth it IMO.

vCash
    We can now only hope they don't hurt themselves any more than that in SA. So wish their speedy recovery.

vCash
    Oh no
    She is one of the skaters I was really looking forward to see again this season..I hope she will continue!!

vCash
    Cross posting from GP alternates thread:

ZHANG Yue apparently retired. WANG Lei (born 1988) recently appeared in a domestic skating show with WANG Xuehan (born 1998), who previously was a singles lady:
    Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3
    So Z/W becomes W/W...

vCash
    more #hearsayinfo from tieba: SUI Wenjing / HAN Cong withdrew from COC, WANG Wenting / ZHANG Yan gets the spot.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    more #hearsayinfo from tieba: SUI Wenjing / HAN Cong withdrew from COC, WANG Wenting / ZHANG Yan gets the spot.
    It's official as of today on the ISU site - see: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3715080

ETA:
    jjane45, I've re-posted your translation summary of the Pang/Tong article in the Skate America articles thread - thank you for all of your updates!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-19-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast