From the Bloc
    vCash

The Bachelor Canada!

I know y'all were enthralled with the debate last night, but am I the only one who watched? I was pleasantly surprised, and I think it's going to be a good season.

Brad the Bachelor is by no means good looking IMO, but he does seem to have an attractive personality and be a fun guy. Tyler the host - a jolt when you first see him and it's not Chris - is an experienced host who ended up doing a good job I thought. Only issue is that while the girls referred to Brad as "tall dark and handsome," Tyler must be a giant because Brad looks quite small next to him.

The girls were a great mix I thought - the slutty, the schemey, the ones who just want to be on tv, the ones who seem to really (!) be there for love, and someone who appears to be our own Canadian Courtney (the Kristan Wiig lookalike who got the first rose). Pretty sure Gabrielle is a producer's pick, but at the same time, they didn't hesitate to get rid of a few who looked like they were cast for good tv but in the end just didn't click in (Bubba, chick on the motorcycle).

I guess for those paying attention to the extended "coming up" the whole thing must be pretty much spoiled, but it still looks like fun. It's not a US budget, but they didn't skimp either - the mansion is quite nice, they go to Paris as well as Vegas and NO (with the rest pretty much in Canada, but maybe they wanted to do that to be extra Canadian, and potentially meet their grant and tax credit requirements).

The website is quite extensive if you want to catch up - http://www.bachelorcanada.ca/

vCash
    Moving this post over from the other thread...
    Bachelor Canada is so low-rent, it's embarrassing. That said, of course I will watch. Odd that at least 8-10 of the women had facial piercings -- what's up with that? Very high trainwreck potential: there's a Kris Humphries ex (right before he got engaged to KK), a Playboy model, a pastor (!?!), and a tranny-faced boxer (who got the first impression rose).

vCash
    I'll have to see tonight when I get home if any of the videos are available on youtube yet as it sounds like there is potential for a good season of fights, tears, bad fashion, tears and more tears!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Does somebody on Bachelor Canada have an uber-shoe fetish? Or have I not noticed those longing shots of the footwear that exits the limos??

I also wanted to scold the producers for hiring a host that makes Mr. Bachelor look like Dopey the Dwarf. Big error (literally and figuratively...)

What a relief that Brad got rid of all the women with personalities. Because once a woman cultivates a personality, you just know that opinions will be sure to follow!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Does somebody on Bachelor Canada have an uber-shoe fetish? Or have I not noticed those longing shots of the footwear that exits the limos??
    I laughed at that too - and even better when half our good Canadian girls were slipping and sliding on the hosed down driveway, and then had to endure the torture of a *cobblestoned* walk of shame!

I also wanted to scold the producers for hiring a host that makes Mr. Bachelor look like Dopey the Dwarf. Big error (literally and figuratively...)
    That's the point I was making above - when one of the women referred to Brad as "tall" I was

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Did anyone watch last night? I opted for the series premiere of Nashville, which was FANTASTIC, so sorry Bachelor Canada, you've been replaced.

But I'm curious how it's going as it did start well - do I need to pvr this?

vCash
    The host is apparently something like 6'4".

I am loving the Canadian-ness of all of this. I was when they were sitting on a Hudson's Bay blanket last night and drinking Canadian 67 beer. The dresses on the first night were horrific. Somebody on Twitter made a comment about the ladies being styled by Le Chateau. It looked like they were all going to prom.

I have been pleasantly surprised by Brad. He really fits the role well, and seems like a genuinely likeable guy.

I have also fallen in love with the adorable pastor (Chantal?). I wanted to hate her incessant giggling, but I just can't. Or maybe I just don't want to be struck by lightning.

vCash
    I forgot to watch it last night... but that pastor girl is SO annoying with her constant giggle. I *like* her though, if she didn't have that giggle!!