Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    les vautours sont sortis
    Can't help noticing that this questioning of V/M's motives is mostly done by the D/W fans, here and in other threads. I'd say it involves quite a bit of "mauvaise foi".

vCash
    Translation: Sorry, we can't really be arsed.

vCash
    Oh for feck's sake. I truthfully don't give a shit about either V/M or D/W, ice dance is easily the most boring discipline to me. But this is news so I admit I was curious as to why they withdrew. I obviously have no clue as to whether it's true or not, but just from the phrasing it sounded to me like they just need a bit more time. Doesn't mean they're not hardworking or some such nonsense, just that they want to start with a bang. D/W aren't doing a Senior B and no one's insinuating they're lazy. Skating is often about momentum so starting strong can put you on the right track for the whole season. A lot of polishing can be done in 2 weeks, there's nothing wrong with deciding you need more time.

I knew posting in a V/M thread was a bad idea

vCash
    Well, good for them. There is a time to "push through and hope for the best" but they know a lot about that (remember Tessa pulling up in the midst of I forget what competition)....... Way better to keep their eye on the prize.....which is Sochi or at least Worlds.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post

I knew posting in a V/M thread was a bad idea
    Posting in a V/M thread and calling them liars was indeed a bad idea

I wonder if today it is your favorite skater that had to withdraw the last minute citing injury, would you immediately question their truthfulness?

vCash
    For what it is worth, I have an ongoing neck strain issues and when it is bad, my balance is thrown off. It is better to get it taken care right away.

vCash
    Not to mention a loooooooong plane ride.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    For what it is worth, I have an ongoing neck strain issues and when it is bad, my balance is thrown off. It is better to get it taken care right away.
    Thank you for bringing some actual sense back into the thread instead of all the sniping I just had to read through. Good Lord, I thought I'd stumbled into a Mao/Yu-Na thread by mistake.

Any kind of neck injury, regardless of how minor it might sound to those of us who only have the barest of information, is *nothing* to be fool around w/. Better to not have to...

1. Have to take a long plane ride and possibly end up making it worse on the way.

2. Competiting when it's not a good idea and making it worse.

It's early. This isn't Canadians or Worlds. Take the time now to make sure this doesn't turn into something worse and here's to them hopefully being at Skate Canada in a couple of weeks.

After all, I'm looking forward to enjoying a piece of my Birthday Cake while watching them on CTV HD in the next room and have been since I learned the SC dates and realized I wouldn't be going this year.

vCash
    When you are playing tennis and start having neck strain issues, you call the trainer and he can help you. Momentarily. As you continue to play, the injury gets worse and at the end of the tournament you go home and you can't even move.

Yeah, it IS minor because you can play on, but it can actually get really bad if you risk it. Figure skaters can't ask for the trainer during a performance. On top of that, he must lift his partner and do rotational lifts that often involve her wrapping her leg about his neck, you can even see when his neck takes a hit. So, let's suppose he decides to compete with bad neck. Here comes the Ro lift: she wraps her leg around his neck, but he can't move well, can't get enough balance and it also hurts. Either a) CRACK! Scott unconscious on the ice or b) He drops her and she gets injured too. And it was a minor injury.

I actually think they are playing it down. It must be a bit worse than just a minor strain, he's had back injuries in the past.

vCash
    WOW
    OK, i must say. i will be happy if Scott didnt have injury and they will working hard to show there best at SC
    Still wish Scott quikly recover and get well soon

Cant remeber such posts when Tobais-Stagnionas withdraw from Nebelhorn in last minute

vCash
    What is up with some of those negativity? Injuries are injuries. It's like some people are not hesitant to jump in with the "bandwagon."

vCash
    I think all elite skaters have injuries

vCash
    Frankly, I glad they pulled out. It shows common sense. Rest is important for a minor injury like that so that it doesn't escalate into something more permanent. I can wait to see their programs......no problem.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Me too - I am happy they pulled out and are resting. Scott may need some therapy etc to get him into peak condition for the rest of the year.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post

Cant remeber such posts when Tobais-Stagnionas withdraw from Nebelhorn in last minute
    Well nobody cares about Tobias/Stagniunas.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Well nobody cares about Tobias/Stagniunas.
    Why? I was wonder, why they wasnt at Nebelhorn/
    Now i miss Comes-Bukland at FT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    What is up with some of those negativity? Injuries are injuries. It's like some people are not hesitant to jump in with the "bandwagon."
    Because Ice-Dance has a history of dubious withdrawals...Linitchuk used every injury excuse in the book when she felt one of her teams was not ready. Her former students admitted that. It was part of the game.
    I have no clue what's going on with Scott's neck but a Finnish sauna would have helped...just give us the sauna address

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think all elite skaters have injuries
    Yes Nathalie skated worlds with a broken nose
    Just sayin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Just sayin
    Yes because it was for World's, i don't think that she would have skated with a broken nose for a senior B event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Just sayin
    Didn't they withdraw from SC last season because he was sick? Bronchitis? But they had three GP events scheduled last season so there was no real consequences to their standing and making the GP final by withdrawing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast