View Poll Results: Which two women will represent Canada in Sochi?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alaine Chartrand

4 3.64%
  • Gabrielle Daleman

43 39.09%
  • Amėlie Lacoste

57 51.82%
  • Véronik Mallet

3 2.73%
  • Kaetlyn Osmond

108 98.18%
  • Julianne Séguin

1 0.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canadian ladies über
    vCash

Which two women will represent Canada in Sochi?

The Canadian ladies über wants your opinion! I only included the six skaters who have the minimum TES.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Osmond and Lacoste -for once the likely situation is also the one I'd most like to see happen.

vCash
    Osmond and LaCoste I hope, but I am not sure what to expect this year. Osmond will probably make it, but coming off injury I dont know what to expect even from her.

vCash
    Osmond and Daleman. If Osmond's injury comes into play, then Daleman and Lacoste. I was very impressed by Daleman at the last Jr. Worlds (6th overall after an extraordinary free skate). At her Jr Worlds one year earlier, Osmond ended up 10th. Just putting things into perspective.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I voted Osmond and Lacoste only because I have never heard of any of the others..

vCash
    Canada need Rochet for Team event.
    Like Mallet.

vCash
    If we were to go by what happened at Challenge, Gabby Daleman is going to have the most technically ambitious content (both short and long programs). Lacoste will have to make sure she at least fully rotates her planned content - I think the judges will give her the component scores to provide a little bit of a buffer over everyone else save Osmond.

vCash
    Does anyone have an up to date report on Kaetlyn's recovery?

vCash
    I voted Daleman and Osmond. IMO Lacoste skipped the Challenge because she feared placing third or lower and that might hurt her at Nationals. Amelie isn't great under pressure and this is probably the highest pressure she has ever faced.

vCash
    Voted Daleman and Osmond but I'll keep my fingers crossed for Lacoste to have the skates of her life at Nationals and qualify for the team, I like her FS so much this season.

vCash
    I'd like to see Osmond and Daleman. The only reason I do not say Lacoste is due to past experience with inability to skate under pressure. I also don't like it when someone does well at Nationals, earns a spot, and then flubs at Olys or Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg View Post
    I'd like to see Osmond and Daleman. The only reason I do not say Lacoste is due to past experience with inability to skate under pressure. I also don't like it when someone does well at Nationals, earns a spot, and then flubs at Olys or Worlds.
    To be fair, each of Amelie's performances have gotten stronger and stronger as the season's progressed.

I also think she has the best FS of the season.

Gabby Daleman is a bit too hit or miss for me. I like her power but she needs a little more control.

Amelie definitely deserves better PCS that Gabby across the board, in my opinion.

vCash
    Why is there a poll for two. Osmond is a lock.

vCash
    Osmond and Lacoste ?
    I'm not fond of Osmond's skating, and I prefer Lacoste, but Lacoste is likely to make mistakes.
    I want them both to skate well enough to go to the Olympics

vCash
    If Lacoste were to skate were to skate relatively clean programs she deserves to win nationals. Her skating skills in general are far better than Osmond. Lacoste has been doing very well in the sp this season, i wouldnt be surprised if she tries the 3Lo+3Lo in the short program at nationals. Just hope she can finally pull together a decent long program and prove that she is a top 10 olympic contender.

Daleman is way to rough and juniorish. IMO she is like the canadian version of courtney hicks.

vCash
    Amelie! Amelie! Amelie!

Rewatched her LP the most this season. Up there with Akiko Suzuki with choreography IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEsUTpJUIHg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I also think she has the best FS of the season.
    Errrr, perhaps you meant best music of the season. ahaha

And although it is awfully cute that Amelie is skating to "Amelie", I still conjure wonderful Pinochio voids of my friend Paolo Bacchini (who failed to qualify out of Italian Nationals by the way )

Anyway, I'm praying to the universal skate gods that Kaetlyn stays healthy for the season as she is my only wish for the Olympic team. As for the others, well, may the best woman in this unprecedentedly talent filled Nationals win.

vCash
    I love Lacoste & much prefer her over Osmond. So I hope she gets to go.

vCash
    I hope its Daleman and Osmond as these two I feel are the future for Canadian Ladies skating.

Lacoste can't compete with Daleman Technically. Daleman's BV score for the short is over three points more than Lacoste and her FS is over 5 points higher than Lacoste. PCS wise Daleman has really closed the gap on her. I wouldn't be surprised if Daleman's PCS scores are almost as high if not higher than Lacoste's. If you look at Daleman's second mark at the Challenge, she scored over 52 points with two falls in the free, which is an improvement over last year's nationals. Lacoste usually averages around 55/56 points for her second mark. In the short Daleman scored a low 26.5 points for her PCSs compared to Lacoste who scored 25.95 at TEB and 27 points at SCI.

If Daleman skates clean in the short she should score around 66 points and if she skates clean in the free she should score around 125 points for a total of 191 pts. Lacoste has never come close to this score or is capable of it. IMHO

As for the 3Lo+3Lo combo, what Lady in the world is currently doing one clean? So I don't think Lacoste is going to being doing one. IMO

vCash
    Osmond and Chartrand. I find Chartrand to be better than Daleman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast