vCash

Yes! I have skates for figures now!

So I got the Gold Test Figures blades, and finally got the Jackson EPs from off E-bay... total cost I think for the boots AND the blades together, was about $107 which includes the shipping (if you skip to the back of the E-bay lists, it can be a lot easier to find things).

I have to get the blades mounted on the boots and have a couple punches done, then I can finally use them They fit even though they are a stock boot (both the front and back are C width), there is just a gap at the back of the top of the boot. They are the old model so don't have the ankle pockets, so I have to get the right boot punched there (left is ok without it).

Guess what??? I found out that there is now a figures class at my rink on Friday mornings, which just happens to be the one day I have on which I can do a class, so if I can get a couple other factors worked out, I will be able to take the class.

vCash
    Excellent! Try them out a few times before the class, so you get used to the new skates.

vCash
    So coool ! I'm happy for you \o/

vCash
    Thanks. I am leaving them tomorrow for mounting and will be in them for the first time on Tuesday.

vCash
    >~*SPLAT*~<

LOL. Second step on the ice and I was down. Then I had to stop and think for a second to figure out how to get back up without a toe pick.

There were only 2 people at the rink and I didn't want to break my neck with no one I knew right nearby, so I changed back to my regular skates. I'll try the figure blades out again on Tuesday.

vCash
    I had forgotten about getting up without a bottom toepick. Just takes practice - hockey players do it all the time. Good luck.