Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Side note, but I went to Barnes hoping to find some figure skating books, and they didn't have any books on figure skating. Now granted, it's been a while since I've looked for figure skating books at the bookstore, but they usually always have at least one book-even if it is just a copy of Nancy Kerrigan's "Artistry On Ice"

Intead, I read from "The Best American Sports Writing 2012", I love that series, even though I'm not big on most sports in the first place; but the writing is so good, I find myself actually engrossed reading an essay about baseball. It would be a dream to read a similar collection of essays on figure skating, there are so many complex and intriguing people involved in the sport, not to mention you can use skating as a gateway to talk about larger issues of culture, gender, sexuality, even back in the 1980s, cold war politics.

vCash
    I haven't read this book or Skating on Air yet, but would like to @ some point.

Favorite skating book to date - Skate Talk

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    I've been slowly adding skating book reviews to my site. I have another review coming this weekend, and a nightstand full of books to read and review, so it is indeed a slow process. But I figured since nice authors send these books to me the least I can do is read and review them.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    I've been slowly adding skating book reviews to my site. I have another review coming this weekend, and a nightstand full of books to read and review, so it is indeed a slow process. But I figured since nice authors send these books to me the least I can do is read and review them.
    Manleywoman, you have enough material to do a book of your own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Manleywoman, you have enough material to do a book of your own.
    ITA I enjoyed reading your reviews as well, I'm even more interested in reading "Skating On Air" and Lucinda Ruh's autobiography, although the latter seems quite harowing in places.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12