Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Judges need to be careful with Sabrina. She was good, but not first place good. They could create a backlash. Last time, they protected her with high scores, and as soon as she got middling ones, she was out the door. It could very well happen again this season. Louis is an amazing teacher though. He got a lot of her kinks out in just one week. Her topline and posture were great, but to the point of being unnatural, and I got that "trying way too hard" vibe.

Wasn't that crazy about Tony's choreo for Melissa. Shawn was very good. Kelly and Val continue to put a smile on my face. I enjoyed their dance best of the women for pure entertainment.

Bristol has got to go, lmao, there was not ONE redeeming quality. If you're slow, you should at least be good in hold. If you're gonna break the rules, you should at least do the steps well. She sucked at all of it, and worse yet, she did it very half-assedly, like even in the cowgirl move where she swung the lasso, she looked bored.

Apolo was amazing again. I loved how the crowd kept applauding louder and louder as his feet moved faster and faster... it's all about the talent. Joey was good, but clearly they want him out the first half. Emmit at least got some criticism, but got off pretty easy, and hasn't Cheryl worn that dress before? I really liked Helio too. Drew was meh, but that opening pose was amazing.

I must be the only one who is turned off by Gilles. He's very sexy and a great dancer, and he was great tonight, but I'd forgotten how annoying I found him on his season. It's the way he's constantly pandering for the votes; it seems so desperate. I prefer Kelly's low key personality or the way Apolo lets his dancing speak for him.

vCash
    Loved Apolo's dance. Loved it.

He's still my favorite, I can't help it. I loved him with Julianne, and I love him with Karina. My favorite winner ever with my favorite pro. What's not to like?

I think Sabrina is far and away the best technical dancer on the show. But she sometimes tries too hard and that gets in the way. The music for her quickstep tonight was terrible, but her dancing was great. Her face while dancing? Not so great. She takes "ballroom face" to a whole new level and it detracts from her dancing.

I actually enjoyed her quickstep with Mark better.

vCash
    Just watched tonight's show.

OMG Gilles is fantastic! Best of the night!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Either Bristol or Kirstie will probably be the next two to go. They don't seem to be on par with the others in my book.

I loved Sabrina tonight, which is suprising cause she kinda annoys me.

But I'll be voting for Helio as long as I can. I just love him. He makes me smile.

So it sounds like next week each Star will pick a dance they did in a previous season? Did I hear that right?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    She takes "ballroom face" to a whole new level and it detracts from her dancing.
    Yes, it was like "Look at me straaaaaaaining to hold this beautiful posture, it must be so easy for me because I have a BIG ASS GRIN on my face." But it was beautiful posture, indeed.

I think next week they have to reinvent a performance from the past with new choreography. I understood it to mean it could be someone else's dance. I would like to see Kelly or Peta do the samba in Julianne's tiger dress!

Does anyone know the name of the French song that Kirstie used?

vCash
    Watching Sabrina in hold, all I kept thinking was that if leaned any further away from Louis, she'd fall on her head. It looked unnatural and uncomfortable and not at all pretty. I was surprised when the judges put her on top.

I liked Apolo and Shawn. Emmett looks okay for a big guy but I've never gotten the adoration the judges had for him in the first place.

The live singers made me cringe all night.

Bristol, Joey, Drew or Kristie can go home.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    So who has the smallest fan base and therefore going home?
    Drew was B2 last week and pulls from the same fan base as the more likeable Joey. I would think he's next.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I loved the dress Kelly wore. Beautiful, flowing and perfect for her dance. I think she's doing better than Bristol or Kirstie.
    As for the guys, I think Apolo was the best, Karina gave him a lot of difficult choreography. I think Gilles is next and after that I can't judge.
    Who will leave tonight? I have no idea.

vCash
    Bristol is just awful. I love Kristie but I have my doubts that she will have as long a run this time because there are so many good dancers. I still don't appreciate Sabrina.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post

Bristol, Joey, Drew or Kristie can go home.
    ita, drew was better last night but still not in the same league as everyone not named kirstie, bristol or joey and maybe kelly. but there is something about drew's personality that is irksome to me this time that wasnt there during his initial season. i wouldnt mind if he went tonight.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    There is something about Drew's personality that is irksome to me this time that wasn't there during his initial season.
    I can't put my finger on it, either.

I suspect that Cheryl had a lot to do with his success the first time around.
    He doesn't have her to rely on, now; and his weakness is showing.

The judges are doing their best to "help" Sabrina, since she went home early before.
    They can't give her a personality that makes me want to vote for her.

vCash
    I don't think Drew was bad. It's just that there are several better dancers than he is this season. His outfit made him look kind of funny around the torso area.

I like Shawn's dance. I don't know what more Len expected her and Derek to do out there.

Gilles

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it isnt shawn's fault but i thought she looked better with mark, i guess due to his height. for whatever reason, she reminds me of the world's greatest toddlers and tiaras contestant. i just cant enjoy her dancing but i acknowledge that it is better than average.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I love Shawn. She can do the steps and she's very clean. But she doesn't manage to express the music. She doesn't have that much musicality.

Just me
    vCash
    Apolo, Gilles and Shawn are becoming my favorites. Drew's attitude bugs me a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about Emmett.

I wouldn't mind seeing Joey for a few more weeks because he makes me smile, but I'm almost done with the "Kristie and Max" show. Bristol or Drew can go home.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i hate kirstie's wig, she looks like mimi imfurst doing liza
    I couldn't pay attention to anything but Mak's ass in those white pants.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kirstie or Joey went home.

Last night, Kirstie was just totally outclassed in this field. Jive was a terrible dance for her to pull this early in the competition. It shows all her weaknesses. Also, I think in season 12 she had the element of surprise. Virtually no one expected her to be any good and when she was people were captivated. As a past finalist, she came into this season with high expectations and she's not seriously competing.

I'm really shocked by how bad Joey is. In his season he had excellent showmanship and solid technique even when he had extra pounds. Now he's sloppy, which I totally don't understand because he came into this season having just done the DWTS show in Las Vegas. Did he leave after only a couple of weeks? I'd be curious. Because I'd think someone who came off of a two-month run doing the dances in a show would be a top contender. I don't see him lasting past week four.

Bristol sucks, but I already know she's going to last far longer than her dancing merits. I'm just hoping it won't be to the final because against this group of celebrities that's ridiculous. I will say her body is in great shape.

Sabrina, Sabrina. She did a nice job, but the idea of finesse eternally eludes her.

Love me some Apolo and Gilles. Even Helio is bringing it better than I expected. Emmitt is good.

Drew is no longer young and eager. Now he's cranky and average.

As for Kelly, she's not great, but she's so much better than she was in season one. I hope this quiets forever anyone who has defended Alec Mazo's skills as a teacher and choreographer. He sucks. Val has proven that in spades these past two weeks. He's got Kelly moving, doing somewhat challenging choreography, expressing the music and looking like she's enjoying herself. What a pleasant surprise. I hope she sticks around a few more weeks.

vCash
    I'm really shocked by how bad Joey is. In his season he had excellent showmanship and solid technique even when he had extra pounds. Now he's sloppy, which I totally don't understand because he came into this season having just done the DWTS show in Las Vegas. Did he leave after only a couple of weeks? I'd be curious. Because I'd think someone who came off of a two-month run doing the dances in a show would be a top contender.
    I'm surprised, also.
    He must realize his time is limited because he says "he's just there to have fun".

Drew doesn't dance/perform as though he cares if he stays or goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Drew is no longer young and eager. Now he's cranky and average.
    You don't think Drew was attacking his dance last night? It's true that he's no longer young - but neither anyone on the show - but I thought he did well overall.

As for Kelly, she's not great, but she's so much better than she was in season one. I hope this quiets forever anyone who has defended Alec Mazo's skills as a teacher and choreographer. He sucks. Val has proven that in spades these past two weeks. He's got Kelly moving, doing somewhat challenging choreography, expressing the music and looking like she's enjoying herself. What a pleasant surprise. I hope she sticks around a few more weeks.
    I don't think that's a fair assessment of Alec. Kelly today is a totally different woman than the one that first appeared on season 1. She's more experienced and comfortable in front of the audience/camera, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has kept up with some sort of dancing on and off throughout the years. I don't see how you can compare the Kelly of today with the one years ago and then blame the coach. I bet if Kelly had Val for season 1 she would still look like a stiff deer in the headlights during that season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    You don't think Drew was attacking his dance last night? It's true that he's no longer young - but neither anyone on the show - but I thought he did well overall.
    I think he attacked it, but I frankly found it sorely lacking.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of Alec. Kelly today is a totally different woman than the one that first appeared on season 1. She's more experienced and comfortable in front of the audience/camera, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has kept up with some sort of dancing on and off throughout the years. I don't see how you can compare the Kelly of today with the one years ago and then blame the coach. I bet if Kelly had Val for season 1 she would still look like a stiff deer in the headlights during that season.
    I base my assessment of Alec on how badly he did with both Toni Braxton and his horrible work with Natalie Coughlin, who should have been a finalist if not for his terrible teaching and choreography. He can barely generate chemistry on the dance floor with Edyta. Celebrity partners never stood a chance. Thank goodness he mostly got the models. Two people's ruined potential is enough.

Kelly had already posed naked in Playboy before season one, so I think she had plenty of confidence in her body. I don't think she's danced over the years. I do think Val or Tony or Tristan or Louis would have done a better job with the Kelly of 2005 than Alec did. She's still stiff and not very fluid, but Val has brought out a lovely quality in her. I think he's probably a better teacher than Maks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast