Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Can't see the FD anywhere yet
    Free Dance just posted a bit ago... NOT LIVE.... 3/17 22:00 Free Dance

BUT.... they show the Women's Free *LIVE* TWICE
    3/16 @ 23:30
    AND
    3/17 @ 2:00
    that can't be right.
    That is, if both are Women's Free, both telecasts can't be live.

Looking at the individual ticket purchase page for Budweiser Gardens (the venue) - Eastern DAYLIGHT SAVINGS Time (UTC -4) which starts 3/10 @ 2:00 Eastern...
    3/16 @ 14:30 - Ice Dance Free
    3/16 @ 19:00 - Women's Free.

Which means the Free Dance is being held before the Women's free. Could the first showing be the Free Dance?

So, now we are back to my original DUNCE QUESTION...
    If the Free Dance starts at 14:30 EDT which is 18:30 UTC and coverage is supposed to start at 23:30.....

Does this mean that EuroSport will NOT be showing the entire event
    OR
    does it mean that I have the wrong time zone???? If, as I suspect, I have the wrong time zone, what time zone are these showings listed in?
    OR
    could it be that what is listed as LIVE really isn't?????

Why do I ask? Because I just did the math on the Women's free.
    Ticket time is shown as 3/16 @ 19:00. If you add the 4 hours for UTC 23:00 which is exactly when Eurosport 1 is showing the Women's Free Live. So, I'm back to not knowing anything again.

BTW, I am looking at EuroSport UK. London, England doesn't observe Daylight Savings time until March 31, so that wouldn't affect the 4 hour offset (London, OT, CA will be UTC -4 as of 3/10.)

Thanks again. You folks are great!

When cable system$ and broadca$t entitie$ di$agree, the viewer pay$ the ultimate price.
    I think all U.$. tv viewers should write to the FCC and make this type of mega-entitie$ stop their childi$h bickering and make their "users", the VIEWER their main concern. Without VIEWERS there are no broadcast entities and no need for cable systems!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momnatur View Post
    BUT.... they show the Women's Free *LIVE* TWICE
    3/16 @ 23:30
    AND
    3/17 @ 2:00
    that can't be right.
    That is, if both are Women's Free, both telecasts can't be live.
    I think all it means is that the live coverage of the women's free starts at 23.30 GMT on Saturday night and by 02.00 on Sunday morning (i.e. two hours after midnight), it's still going. So despite it being listed twice on two separate days, it's actually one continuous live broadcast. I'd guess from this information that they're showing all or most of the ladies' free, or it wouldn't go on so long. Does this make sense?
    Last edited by orientalplane; 03-03-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    Free Dance just posted a bit ago... NOT LIVE.... 3/17 22:00 Free Dance

So, now we are back to my original DUNCE QUESTION...
    If the Free Dance starts at 14:30 EDT which is 18:30 UTC and coverage is supposed to start at 23:30.....

Does this mean that EuroSport will NOT be showing the entire event
    OR
    does it mean that I have the wrong time zone???? If, as I suspect, I have the wrong time zone, what time zone are these showings listed in?
    Well I can't add much to my previous post - i'm in the UK and use the site and notwithstanding their tendancy for last minute schedule changes and "bumping" skating for over-running tennis... snooker... footbal... [insert any other sport here] the schedule is in GMT. What is strange is that at the moment I can't see anything past about 3am on the schedule for 17th March on the UK site (I wouldn't expect to be able to until sometime in the early hours of tomorrow morning)... So the fact that you can suggests we are looking at different things. This is the website for British Eurosport: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/ that I use. Is that what you're looking at?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    Well I can't add much to my previous post - i'm in the UK and use the site and notwithstanding their tendancy for last minute schedule changes and "bumping" skating for over-running tennis... snooker... footbal... [insert any other sport here] the schedule is in GMT. What is strange is that at the moment I can't see anything past about 3am on the schedule for 17th March on the UK site (I wouldn't expect to be able to until sometime in the early hours of tomorrow morning)... So the fact that you can suggests we are looking at different things. This is the website for British Eurosport: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/ that I use. Is that what you're looking at?
    Melia,

first off thanks for offering your help. I'm sorry to say that your previous post doesn't make sense to me. But you also mention that this site has a propensity for doing wierd things. So, I will chalk it up to the wierdness you've described. But I have to say that I have NEVER heard of anything like that being done with a schedule. But, because of how EuroSport posts things, I could see why that might be. 180min on 3/16 and 60min on 3/17....

And, yes, we were looking at different pages because I was looking at a search on figure skating.... url http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=Figure. I think I picked figure skating from the "sport" menu.

I'm just glad that I will have the opportunity to see these things without having to wait a WEEK.

vCash
    post deleted
    Last edited by SLIVER; 03-04-2013 at 12:29 PM.

is lutz crazy!!!
    vCash
    ... I'm sorry to say that your previous post doesn't make sense to me. .
    Which bit didn't make sense? The Eurosport UK schedule is in GMT (the time zone for the country it relates on the dates of the broadcasts). Eurosport sometimes let other sports run over into FS time so we see less (and I've known stuff to start a bit early on occasion too).

You addressed the second part of the post already.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    I think you guys are getting very confused. Right now the only thing that is not showing at all is the Pairs Short.
    It didn't seem confusing to me when I was typing, but I guess my last post didn't communicate what I intended it to. Sorry Agreed the only thing I couldn't see on the schedule was Pairs Short (and the main schedule hadn't updated Sunday when I looked last night so I couldn't see the FD and Gala).

I can see the schedule for Sunday now and that shows FD at 22.00 followed by Gala.

Ladies short on British euro is only 1hr coverage the next day, however German Eurosport is showing all of the event, they start half an hour late.
    If it wasn't Ladies I'd be jealous!

Free dance is incorrectly posted as LF but it is the free dance which starts 1.30 late and Live.
    Are you sure? Broadcast starts at 11pm on the Saturday and then continues at 2am on the Sunday morning. The schedule shows it all being LF. If the second part was FD then it wouldn't be live? Are we still on British Eurosport?
    Last edited by mella; 03-04-2013 at 08:55 AM.

vCash
    Mella, I am only talking about British Eurosport. International Eurosport usually follows the schedule for the rest of the European nations I belive, i.e German Russian French eurosp generally have the same schedule in the main.

EDITED to say Mella you are right, my calculations were wrong as Ontario is only 5hrs behind GMT and 6 the rest of Europe, so my original post is incorrect!
    Last edited by SLIVER; 03-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    French eurosport which goes its on way quite a lot, has the Free Dance live, actually starting 30mins before the event starts lol..Brit Euros has ski jumping scheduled then.
    French Eurosp also has the Pairs free in its entirety.

vCash
    French eurosport which goes its on way quite a lot, has the Free Dance live, actually starting 30mins before the event starts lol..Brit Euros has ski jumping scheduled then.
    French Eurosp also has the Pairs free in its entirety.
    Careful though as what they have scheduled is not always what you get. There were a few occasions when the start was delayed or the schedule was changed without notice....

vCash
    OH, as if things weren't complicated enough, Canada and the United States starts Daylight Savings time on March 10th. This is when the time differential FOUR hours instead of five. And UK goes Daylight Savings time March 31. This is why, in my posts above, I took out GMT for the more Universal Time (UTC.)
    Last edited by momnatur; 03-04-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456