Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    We have to wait till Monday afternoon to see Short Dance

vCash
    EUROSPORT why do they bother ?
    Where's the SD FD Pairs SP ?

Oh here's the snooker again

vCash
    Eurosport wer due to show the pairs free & ice dance free this week. Now they are not. It's driving me insane. Snooker & tennis always wreck the Figure Skating being shown. It will be the same in January when the Europeans clash with the Australian Open.
    Remember how bad the coverage of the Europeans was this year?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    Remember how bad the coverage of the Europeans was this year?.
    Yes I certainly do remember and I'm really very annoyed
    You can't put the recorder on for skating and go out as you just end up recording snooker
    Yes I've watched the SD and FDS on YT but it's not the same as part of the experience for me being a fan' is the commentators comments especially from Nicky being an ex ice dancer .
    Even the gala is highlights.

vCash
    Awaiting ES European coverage not holding my breath .Maybe will be better than last year
    I don't care if it's not live and highlights as long as it's shown.

vCash
    Bad news about British Eurosports coverage of the Europeans.
    NOTHING on Wednesday & only one hour for the pairs free on Thursday. It's getting worse every year.

vCash
    No short programs at all (no dance, pairs, men, ladies), not even a taped, abbreviated hour in the morning or late night. Obviously poker, tractor pulling and arm wresling are more important. It's almost worst than their GP coverage, which was dismal. Why do they bother getting the rights?

vCash
    Please everybody complain to ukcomms@eurosport.com, about this. I have. I'm so mad about this.

vCash
    It's an insult, between the australian open and the african nations cup, europeans will get near zero coverage this year... atrocious

vCash
    I'm surprised that anyone is surprised. This has been going on for several years now. As soon as I realized that the African Nations Cup is on this year, I knew we were not going to get much if anything. I can't really protest preempting live coverage for the Australian Open, but the early stages of the African Nations Cup?! I never understood it.

Oh well, at least the cup isn't on every year.

vCash
    Obviously poker, tractor pulling and arm wresling are more important.
    Then it is obvious, that skating has no meaning anymore for the TV channels. On German channels there is absolutly nothing anymore. (exept an hour of an exhibition).

Please everybody complain to ukcomms@eurosport.com, about this. I have. I'm so mad about this.
    They don't really care about how many e-mails you write

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Hah. I get access to Eurosport for the first time in 9 years and their coverage has gone completely down the drain?

vCash
    words fail me here...

if you happen to know alternative ways to watch Euros online, please share.

vCash
    Why should we have to watch online?. I pay a subscription to watch Eurosport on TV. I have had it with being promised good coverage then getting nothing. Also, French Eurosport get everything live just like the grand prix series. Unfair. If we did not get the grand prix series figure skating would go the same way as other sports flushed down the toilet for tennis, snooker & football. Sports you can find on every sports channel you can watch.
    Please complain to Eurosport about this.

vCash
    If you live in the UK telephone British Eurosport on (020) 7468 7777 & complain.

vCash
    If you live in the UK telephone British Eurosport on (020) 7468 7777 & complain.
    Did anyone who complained get a response from ES ?

Nice to see they are supposedly going to show 4CC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Did anyone who complained get a response from ES ?

Nice to see they are supposedly going to show 4CC
    Looks like the best way to get a reply is to complain by Twitter: when I asked them why we had 3 repeats of one football game instead of showing once the highlights of the pairs and dance short programs they replied that they were not provided those images (I understand that they do not have the right on those specific competitions)

vCash
    I emailed them FIVE times & nothing.
    It was so strange. This was beyond bad this year. To join the Ice dance free mid way through the group & not show the Gold medal winners was bad but then to show 20 minutes of Top Ten (The most stupid show on tv) & then join the ladies free with two of the final group already started was just slapping loyal viewers in the face.
    I know they are showing the 4 Continents but this is Eurosport so they will screw that up to (remember the Grand Prix Finals?!).
    It's time the ISU put the fans first & moved the Europeans until after the Australian Open which ruins skating every year.
    Does anyone know why Eurosports coverage was SO BAD this year?. It's never been like this before.

vCash
    Apart from the tennis there was also the Africa Cup of Nations football as well as World Cups in snowboarding and ski jumping.

It may be better to get in touch with these people http://www3.ebu.ch/cms/en/services/s...8-7363e32879c5 the European Broadcasting Union which I only heard of during my involvement with Euros 2012 in Sheffield due to our frustration over the lack of televised programmes. They have total control of everything shown on EurosportUK and Eurosport in other countries after buying the rights from the ISU. And of course because they had sole broadcasting rights, it meant that even though the whole of Euros 2012 was actually being broadcast live from the arena, anything which was not broadcast by Eurosport for whatever reason, we could not pay to view via the ISU stream because they had sold the rights.

Why EUROVISION collective rights negotiation is a win-win for everyone:

Members only pay for rights they need. Through our sales structure we exploit the unwanted rights to ensure nothing goes to waste

A more appealing offer to rights owners seeking the widest possible reach and coverage

Unrivalled industry knowhow coupled with long established relationships

Collateral benefits, such as influence over scheduling of specific events at broadcast-friendly times

We bundle a range of services for federations, making EUROVISION a more appealing partner in all areas of operation

Members win rights to major sporting events without having to tie up their own staff and resources

and

Over 2011-2012, the Sports Rights Unit won some major new properties, including:

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ and the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™ – a significant extension of the current EBU–FIFA agreement for one decade

International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) major event media rights in Europe and Africa for 2014–17

Worldwide rights for the FIS World Skiing Cups in Austria

International Skating Union (ISU), content increased from 27 to 133 events over four seasons, after the ISU made the EBU its sole European media partner
    Worldwide rights for European Athletics (EAA) event

vCash
    I emailed them FIVE times & nothing.
    Coverage was really exceptionally bad this year. Such a shame because there really was some great skating going on!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast