Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: All Thing PBS

Drawing Figures
    vCash
    Carousel is one of my all time favorite musicals - it's one of a handful I will always go to see whenever there's a production in town. The soaring music of The Carousel Waltz, the ballet danced by Louise with the original choreography by de Mille! All those jokes about June bustin' out all over. Who cares about the plot?

vCash
    The Carousel Waltz is one of my favorite pieces of music, too!

vCash
    And Brian Boitano's 1988 skate to The Carousel Waltz is one of my most favorite programs he ever did. www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVFyANq1bo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    And Brian Boitano's 1988 skate to The Carousel Waltz is one of my most favorite programs he ever did. www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVFyANq1bo
    WOW, thanks for that awesome video! Sooooooooooo many triples!! It's hard to believe that it's been 25 YEARS!?!

vCash
    If you enjoy modern dance, check out Great Performances tonight on PBS (check you local listings); the featured performance is Paul Taylor Dance Company in Paris. Filmed last year at the Theatre National de Chaillot, the featured performances are Brandenburgs (music from Bach's Brandenburg concertos #3 and #6) and Beloved Renegade (inspired by life and times of Walt Whitman, music from Gloria by Francis Poulenc).

vCash
    Finally watched Carousel last night, my first time seeing it. Loved it, loved the importance and relevance of the plot, the soaring music, de Mille's choreography and the amazing voices. I've worked with domestic violence victims, amazing how accurate the book was. DVR'd the Paul Taylor, not my favorite choreographer but I'll be interested to see it. I found a site on-line trying to persuade PBS to reissue their 1993 documentary Dancing in DVD form and sent a note with my support. I hope they put out Carousel on DVD, my DVR came from the cable company and we haven't been able to figure out a way to get stuff off it and onto more permanent media. Any suggestions would be great.

vCash
    http://networkedblogs.com/KVvTn

Sunday, May 5, 2013
    PBS Announces Summer 2013 Line-up

vCash
    ^^^
    Thank you.

vCash
    You're welcome.

I'm soooooooooooooo excited about the offerings for this summer; some of my favorites are:

June: Inspector Lewis-Annie documentary-Secrets of Henry VIII's Palace

July: Statue of Liberty by Ken Burns-Capitol 4th-Secrets of Althorp-Secrets of Chatsworth-Endeavour (young Inspector Morse)-Lewis & Clark by Ken Burns-The Buddha-Dancing at Jacob's Pillow

August: Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert-The Lady Vanishes (remake of the Hitchcock classic...which I love!)-Silk (modern legal drama mini-series)

Many of the other offerings look quite good, too. It's gonna be a great summer at PBS!!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-06-2013 at 05:28 AM.

vCash
    Twitter:

Mother Jones ‏@MotherJones 23m
    .@JakeShimabukuro rocked the ukulele before it was cool: http://bit.ly/10dPsdh #MusicMonday
    And Jake is the featured artist on this coming Friday's Great Performances Jake Shimabukuro: Life on Four Strings on PBS; check your local listings.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-06-2013 at 04:07 PM.

vCash
    I just re-experienced a magical acting tour de force...I watched the DVD of Julie Harris in the one-woman show The Belle of Amherst. It is about the poet Emily Dickinson; her life is recreated through the telling and dramatization of her life experiences and through recitation of her poetry. It is truly enchanting...filled with laughter and with tears.

It was produced for the stage in 1976, and was filmed for a showing on PBS. I probably hadn't seen it since it aired 37 years ago. If you have never seen it, I highly recommend it! Check your local library, they may have a copy, or buy it as I did from Amazon for a modest price...you will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-07-2013 at 04:14 AM.

vCash
    Twitter:

David Folkenflik ‏@davidfolkenflik 2h
    That is good news! “@publicradionerd: the lovely Foyle's War returns to @masterpiecepbs in Sept http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-more/181675/ …"
    Great Performances ‏@GPerfPBS 11m
    FINALLY! We're very excited to announce our Fall lineup w/dates! Including this tiny production "The Hollow Crown" - http://to.pbs.org/ZPgaZf
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-09-2013 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Additional information about PBS' fall schedule:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 1h
    Behind-the-scenes video of @JakeShimabukuro playing at the Peace Park in Hiroshima: http://to.pbs.org/18dcVmq #4StringsPBS airs tonight!

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 1h
    Can you crack the code? All episodes of The Bletchley Circle are now available on @iTunesTV. Click here:
    http://tinyurl.com/d2ownv2

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS12m
    RT @pbspressroom: .@PBS expands drama lineup w/ LAST TANGO IN HALIFAX & 3rd season of CALL THE MIDWIFE. More info: http://ow.ly/l10CK
    EDIT:

Joanna Vanderham ‏@JoannaVanderham 18h
    ���� USA: @masterpiecepbs will premiere #TheParadise on October 6th 2013 /via ‏@televisionary
    Retweeted by Masterpiece PBS
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-14-2013 at 04:01 PM.

vCash
    Anyone else here loving Mr. Selfridge? I am looking forward to Sundays on PBS now almost as much as when Downton is on. And Roddy the artist character is major even though he seems to be behaving like a bit of a villain right now. He and Frances O'Connor have amazing chemistry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzilla1 View Post
    Anyone else here loving Mr. Selfridge? I am looking forward to Sundays on PBS now almost as much as when Downton is on. And Roddy the artist character is major even though he seems to be behaving like a bit of a villain right now. He and Frances O'Connor have amazing chemistry.
    That is a tense story line...and now he's using Rosalee to get back at Rose!

I love Gregory Fitoussi as Henri and the developing relationship with Agnes...he is such a hunk!

EDIT: via Twitter...

PBS ‏@PBS 8m
    ‘Downton Abbey’ To Return to PBS on Jan. 5 http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/down...-4-1200480297/ … (see other announcements in this article) #DowntonPBS #PBSam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:

And Jake is the featured artist on this coming Friday's Great Performances Jake Shimabukuro: Life on Four Strings on PBS; check your local listings.
    It was fabulous.
    It's available for viewing on pbs.org

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It was fabulous.
    It's available for viewing on pbs.org
    I really enjoyed that profile! And the sounds he can get out of that tiny instrument are astounding!!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast