Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Why did someone tell the goat farmers that they did the exam wrong? Usually it happens when they arrive on the mat and Phil says "you did not complete the task correctly, go back and do it again". And what's with the easy NEL tasks? Eating ice cream? Even my kids thought that was lame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Won't say anything other than Karma is going to hurt two teams big time eventually for what happens at the beginning of the episode...
    I PVR'ed and didn't watch live, so I thought from this post that we actually saw the karma hit this episode in the form of a penalty. Disappointed to see that's not the case.

ETA that I understand why no penalty if it's not explicitly spelled out in the rules, but like dbell1, I'd like to see it addressed in the rules.

vCash
    We're on time in Canada.

Won't say anything other than Karma is going to hurt two teams big time eventually for what happens at the beginning of the episode...
    I'm assuming the Karma doesn't hit this episode?

vCash
    We're on time in Canada.

We can always hope this will come to pass....disgusting!

vCash
    One loudmouth down, 2 screechies to go.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Sorry I made it look like it would happen in this episode shan. I was trying not to spoil anyone. However, at some point you have to know Karma will track those four down and give them the bitch slapping that's deserved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I'm assuming the Karma doesn't hit this episode?
    I don't think AE meant the Race specifically, let alone this leg.

Gah, from the promo looks like the rockers get careless with belongings again. I wonder if they only just found out tonight about the money. Disappointed in the Twinnies and Texans for sure.

vCash
    Sorry I made it look like it would happen in this episode shan. I was trying not to spoil anyone. However, at some point you have to know Karma will track those four down and give them the bitch slapping that's deserved.
    I'm just too literal I suppose.
    I was hoping that Phil would describe that vacation and then snatch it away.

vCash
    Btw, I now see why Louis loved Istambul so much! Added yet another city to my bucket list...

Tranquillo
    vCash
    My favorite line of the night: Turkish man to cheerleader "I'll give you the money, just go away"
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Phew! I was worried with both the Goat Farmers and the Chips loitering in the bottom 3. Thankfully the right team went home. Really, Monster Truck was not an awful team - they were pretty good at many tasks, but Mr Truck's "we are running our own race" hubris when they made poor decisions was both and

Re: the money - disappointing that the teams took it, especially the way they went about it, squealing and shushing. Very high school. Right when I was starting to like Crack Baby (sorry - Lexi looks like the contestant on this summer's Glee Project who was a self-proclaimed crack baby, and that's all I can think when I see her).

Goat Farmers got lucky with their additional task, and still managed to do it wrong 2nd time around they were not so indulgent on the ice cream man's antics. I can't believe they chose the bagel task! They are just lucky that Mr "run our own race" & Mrs Monster Truck also chose the obviously worse task.

Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    Why did someone tell the goat farmers that they did the exam wrong? Usually it happens when they arrive on the mat and Phil says "you did not complete the task correctly, go back and do it again". And what's with the easy NEL tasks? Eating ice cream? Even my kids thought that was lame.
    Seems like there have been a lot of additional tasks are incredibly simple & easy (wasn't there one that was something like "sit on an ice block right next to the next task for 10 minutes"?). I'm glad that the tasks aren't so hard that it would be impossible for that team to move up, but this one was pretty silly. Maybe the Goats felt it was too easy too, since they made it much harder for themselves

But this wouldn't have been a case of being told at the mat they did something wrong - the person handing out clues at the end of a task often tells teams they did not do the task properly. I think the only time it comes up at the end of the leg is when it involves transportation rules that have been broken, or something happened that the task judge couldn't see or wasn't looking for.

Once an episode has aired, anywhere, anyone reading the thread should expect spoilers.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    My assumption was because that, since this was a Speed Bump only one team did, that the vendor at that stand was not allowed to give them the clue until they completed the Speed Bump correctly. I think its only normal tasks and road blocks where they don't find out they did it wrong until the Pit Stop.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Eh, so they didn't actually "steal" the money since they found it on the floor. To me, "steal" is you intentionally went into their backpacks and took it. But still, there were only 3 teams in that room. They KNEW who that money belonged to. It was sleazy to keep it when they knew for a fact it belonged to Long Hair. I would have never kept it simply because if it caused that team to be out of the race, well then I didn't advance based on my own merits if they got booted because of it. And plus that whole Karma thing everyone refers to above.

So glad Monster Truck is gone. Not bad racers, but agree with the "we're running our own race" crap was getting .

And it is just me, or is this season a little more, well ... boring?? I'm not getting as excited as I usually do when watching. Maybe its because I don't have any blatant hatred for a team. Or overly love one team over any other ... although I'm liking the Chippies and Goat Farmers and even Long Hair more so than the "2 Teams I Can't Distinguish Between" and the Twinnies. Maybe that will increase now that we are down to 6.

And I had choking fit when my mom says "I don't remember those sisters at all".

vCash
    I thought it was terrible that they took that money, knowing it is crucial to a race. Yes, it's a race, and they did drop it (their fault, very stupid), but my conscience would not have allowed me to do it. Luckily, the rockers are pretty calm under crises (and the flight didn't leave until later) and were able to beg for money. You know they felt terrible about it too.

Glad Monster Truck was gone. Hearing about them "running their own race" was getting old, especially if it kept them always behind. The chipps did run their own race. They got on the train, talked to someone who told them they'd be slower if they stayed on the train, and got off. They didn't accept their fate.

Those goat farmers have made it through the race so far in spite of themselves. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    And it is just me, or is this season a little more, well ... boring??
    I know I'm less than invested when we're down to 6 teams and the two young couples are still mutually interchangeable. Get rid of them, and we might have something.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pair mom View Post
    We can always hope this will come to pass....disgusting!
    I feel the same!
    Teams that purposefully take money from others to advance themselves should be DQ'd.
    I don't know if I would have handled the loss of money as well as they did

vCash
    Taking money that isn't yours isn't right. The females all seemed to be perfectly fine with keeping the money, only the guy seemed to have a bit of conscience but he got overruled by estrogen. Too bad.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I consider what the Twinnies did as stealing since they knew who the money belonged to. I'm glad we aren't doing the contest for this AR as I would have been knocked out already.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    I agree there should have been a penalty for taking the money. THey didn't have to say anything to the rockers, but they could have left it where they found it. Prior teams have been penalized for moving backpacks, and I see moving the money as the same type thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Taking money that isn't yours isn't right. The females all seemed to be perfectly fine with keeping the money, only the guy seemed to have a bit of conscience but he got overruled by estrogen. Too bad.
    Yeah it seemed that Trey was the only one who didn't want to do it but was a wuss and didn't really do anything to stop it. I'm still in shock the twins/Lexi thought taking the money was a good idea. It just seems all kinds of wrong.

Still loving Jaymes and James though James lack of urgency at the roadblock was kind a surprise. If Jaymes hadn't encouraged him to seek out the ladies, I think he'd still be there, wandering around.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast